Sponsored

Sensor faults on first drive

jbagnell4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Dealer delivered my new 21 Lariat last night and as soon as I turned it on this morning the dash lit up with faults... I've been at the dealer for 3 hours so far and Techs haven't been able to figure it out.

Not a good first impression...

Ford F-150 Sensor faults on first drive fil
Sponsored

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
did the faults go away after you shut down the truck and restarted it?

OP
OP

jbagnell4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
did the faults go away after you shut down the truck and restarted it?
No, however I just left the dealer. They couldn't figure out why it happened but they did get the faults to clear after disconnecting and rebooting a few of the modules.

Sponsored

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
Well I’m getting the same faults again this morning...back to the dealer again!
I remember a month or so ago they were holding trucks from sale due to an issue with the BLIS. Perhaps this is related and just needs the associated fix or software upgrade.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Hum, will love to know the fix - once they figure it out. On my 2016, I had issues like that only when the following happened. I had lived in Michigan when I had my 2016. In July 2019 moved out to North Carolina and never had the problem again.

1. Very cold outside below 20 degress
2. Snow, ICE accumliation under the vehicle (esp rear end)

* It all did go away when I vehicle warmed up and all snow/ ice removed. On rare occasions it automatically when away the next day when temps were above 32 degress. I never found out the root casue.

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
No, however I just left the dealer. They couldn't figure out why it happened but they did get the faults to clear after disconnecting and rebooting a few of the modules.
What was your build date?

Sponsored

OP
OP

jbagnell4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I need to review @currybob status update thread for when Ford started to stall deliveries due to issues. You may have been right on the end of that period.
Yeah, after reading that thread it looks like my date was a few weeks outside that affected range. The problem sounds very similar though.

It sporadic, it just went away again...

Drandpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I had the exact same experience, first drive home from dealership I got 8. I haven't had any more faults, but every drive I will randomly get messages that my adaptive cruise control is not available and when using my cameras some times I get nothing but a black screen and sometimes nothing on my passenger side except a blue screen. I've got an appointment with the dealership in 2 days and would love to know if your issues were resolved.

Ford F-150 Sensor faults on first drive Screenshot_20210201-125108_FordPass

OP
OP

jbagnell4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had the exact same experience, first drive home from dealership I got 8. I haven't had any more faults, but every drive I will randomly get messages that my adaptive cruise control is not available and when using my cameras some times I get nothing but a black screen and sometimes nothing on my passenger side except a blue screen. I've got an appointment with the dealership in 2 days and would love to know if your issues were resolved.

Screenshot_20210201-125108_FordPass.jpg
So far no resolution...It happens about every other time I start the car...The service shop says I will need to leave the truck with them a few days but wont cover a rental...The dealer who sold the car wont return any of my calls...

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
So far no resolution...It happens about every other time I start the car...The service shop says I will need to leave the truck with them a few days but wont cover a rental...The dealer who sold the car wont return any of my calls...
How is a rental not covered under warranty on a brand new truck!?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Dealer delivered my new 21 Lariat last night and as soon as I turned it on this morning the dash lit up with faults... I've been at the dealer for 3 hours so far and Techs haven't been able to figure it out.

Not a good first impression...

file.jpeg
Sorry this is happening for you. As others have mentioned, Ford did a brief stop sale in December because of unspecified issues with the BLIS systems. That might be the root of it.
Sponsored