Selling to Vroom

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel
Anybody sold their car to vroom? Experience?

planning to sale my car to vroom, dealer is almost 5k lower, tax savings does not cover the difference.
Sponsored

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
I looked at Vroom, Carvana, and the GMC dealer I purchased the truck (2015 Canyon) from but all were lower than I wanted. I ended up selling outright to another GMC dealer and it was pretty straight forward. Brought the title in they gave me a check and a ride home. The only thing I didn't think about, or know, was my credit union holds check's over $10K for 10 days. In my case it wasn't an issue but surprised me none the less. I suspect Vroom and Carvana would have been similar experience.

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
VROOM offered me $73,000 for my 2021 Limited, ( I paid $73, 246 for it last March) The problem I had with VROOM was they said they would issue me a check within 2-3 days of picking up the truck. . I checked reviews and found some that had a hard time getting paid. There was no way I was going to hand the keys and title over to my truck and watch it drive away "hoping" for a check to be sent.

OP
OP

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VROOM offered me $73,000 for my 2021 Limited, ( I paid $73, 246 for it last March) The problem I had with VROOM was they said they would issue me a check within 2-3 days of picking up the truck. . I checked reviews and found some that had a hard time getting paid. There was no way I was going to hand the keys and title over to my truck and watch it drive away "hoping" for a check to be sent.
That’s the reason a asked for first hand experience

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium 4X, F-150, Lightning reserved
Definitely want to price it out with Carvana and CarMax also.

We used Carvana in October. They offered ACH deposit, or a check. I took the check, but then they offered more money at time of pickup (because I asked), so the check was short. They then offered to do the ACH while I stood there, and I accepted. It was done immediately, and the next morning the funds were in my account.

One service is not the be all / end all. Carvana might beat Vroom in my area, but not in yours. CarMax was within $500 of Carvana, and I only would have to drive 3 hours each way for CarMax, whereas Carvana came to my house. ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Definitely want to price it out with Carvana and CarMax also.

We used Carvana in October. They offered ACH deposit, or a check. I took the check, but then they offered more money at time of pickup (because I asked), so the check was short. They then offered to do the ACH while I stood there, and I accepted. It was done immediately, and the next morning the funds were in my account.

One service is not the be all / end all. Carvana might beat Vroom in my area, but not in yours. CarMax was within $500 of Carvana, and I only would have to drive 3 hours each way for CarMax, whereas Carvana came to my house. ;)
Both carvana and carmax are well under Kbb. Vroom is at par are few hundred better then Kbb in this case, so interested with Vroom

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium 4X, F-150, Lightning reserved
Both carvana and carmax are well under Kbb. Vroom is at par are few hundred better then Kbb in this case, so interested with Vroom
Exactly why I said that no one service is best for everyone. In my case, Carvana destroyed everyone else. Thousands more than Vroom.

Good luck!

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
Exactly why I said that no one service is best for everyone. In my case, Carvana destroyed everyone else. Thousands more than Vroom.

Good luck!
Exactly my experience as well the GMC dealer was $1500 more than the others. Just depends what they have for inventory and what they need. FWIW mine was still $1000 under KBB but still $2K more than when I started looking early in the year.

OP
OP

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Exactly my experience as well the GMC dealer was $1500 more than the others. Just depends what they have for inventory and what they need. FWIW mine was still $1000 under KBB but still $2K more than when I started looking early in the year.

This is for second truck to be picked up in next two weeks from Chapman and used car manager is low balling me, frustrating.

rado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I used Vroom twice, both on the same car. Purchased it through Vroom in Fall of 19, and sold it back to Vroom in Oct 21 (for 5k over what I originally paid). I would never go through the process of buying through Vroom again. Was just a complete PIA and took over a month to get everything worked out.

That being said, when selling to Vroom, I had pretty much no issues whatsoever. They offered 10k over what my local dealer was offering, and sent the check (IIRC) less than a week after the truck was picked up, and everything was done. I was hesitant to go through them again after the buying experience, but 10K extra is alot of money to leave on the table for just a little hassling (Their customer service line has horribly long waits, and will disconnect you at times, putting you in the back of the queue).

All that being said, I would sell through them again if their offer is significantly higher than anywhere else. If your only getting a couple hundred bucks extra, I'd take my business elsewhere.

Sponsored

Jloyd98

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Sport 302a PB
We sold our Fusion to Carmax for $8k over what we paid for it new. Did the online quote and couldn't hardly believe it. Took it to Carmax and they looked it over to verify it matched my description, and then we walked out with check in hand 30 minutes later.

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
We sold to vroom last year. Huge PITA, it took over a month for paperwork and pickup, plus another month before we received money. We had a small loan balance remaining so we did not have to ship a title first.
i guess it was worth the additional 3k for the bad experience.
my experience selling to carvana was much more pleasant. Dropped the car off at the vending machine, and left with a check.
Sponsored