Sponsored

Seeing Double, GPS Off Track, Back Up Camera Off Center

Jarm0c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150
Hey all,

I have a ‘21 XLT with 302a and about 25k miles.

While driving home today, I noticed that—using CarPlay—Apple Maps kept showing me as being on a road to the west of the road I was actually on. It was constantly recalculating directions like it thought I was a few hundred feet West of where I really was.

Figured maybe my phone was messing up or maybe the USB cable randomly went bad. It happens. I unplugged my phone, plugged it back in, and… Nothing. The truck didn’t recognize that the phone was plugged in and didn’t give me the CarPlay button at the bottom of the screen. Did a hard restart on the phone, plugged it back in, and the right side of the screen picked up on CarPlay audio, but I still wasn’t able to switch to the CarPlay screen.

Got home and was backing up into my driveway like I usually do, and noticed that the back up camera was ‘off.’ Not turned off, but it showed on the screen like I was a few inches from the edge of the driveway when I was RIGHT on the edge.

Then I noticed that the buttons at the bottom of the screen were showing double text. I’ll try to attach a screenshot.

I’m sure I should just take it to the dealership, but it’s difficult to get away from the house, and I’m sure I’d end up wasting an entire day with my truck there only to find out that they don’t have parts or something like that.

So I figured I’d ask the hive mind here. Has anyone seen anything like this before? I thought maybe I’d get lucky and would have a OTA update for the truck, but I’m not that lucky.

Ford F-150 Seeing Double, GPS Off Track, Back Up Camera Off Center 3746C660-3283-4336-A6CD-4223D6774FA4
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jarm0c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150
Decided this morning that I’d try a factory master reset, but wouldn’t you know it, that’s not even needed because everything is working fine now. Weird!

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Sometimes GPS signals can get a significant error - it just happens, and will clear itself eventually.
Sponsored