Sponsored

Security alarm feature

andy3888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost, Telsa 3
Anyone knows about how secure is the alarm? Is it easy to be stolen?

Will the alarm turn on if someone jumps in the bed or have excessive vibration?
Sponsored

Jaym69

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150
Occupation
Investigator
They can be GPS located so stealing these new vehicles would not work well for the thief. Not sure if they have vibration sensors.

12wins

First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F-150 Limited BJ Blue, 20 Ford Expedition Plat Med Blue, 17 Corvette Z06 Ster. Blue
Occupation
Self Employed
I have this installed on all my Ford vehicles. Ford Accessories:
VEHICLE SECURITY SYSTEM - FORD PERIMETER PLUS
$207.61
Your Price: $186.85
Add Installation For: $ 62.50

Your Price: $ 186.85
Part No
ML3Z-19A361-A

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
What does this Ford Perimeter Plus add in terms of security that is not already there?

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
What does this Ford Perimeter Plus add in terms of security that is not already there?
The stock alarm in the King Ranch has intrusion sensors and motion sensors. If the alarm is triggered not only does the horn sound and the lights flash, but you also get a notification on Ford Pass that the alarm was tripped.

Also if you have a trailer connected to the truck and the alarm set, if anyone disconnects the light harness from the truck the alarm goes off. I disconnected my trailer in my driveway with the alarm set (my mistake) and the alarm sounded. Ford Pass send a message that my trailer had been disconnected.

Sponsored

12wins

First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F-150 Limited BJ Blue, 20 Ford Expedition Plat Med Blue, 17 Corvette Z06 Ster. Blue
Occupation
Self Employed
Ford Perimeter plus provides:
  • When there’s sufficient impact to the glass or a body panel, the 2-stage shock sensor determines whether to issue a warning chirp or full alarm
  • Will text you when any alarm function is actuated. Either warning or full alarm.
  • 300’ Remote Starting distance with remote. ( Kind of insignificant given you can start it from your Ford Pass App from anywhere) but to those who would like to use the remote at a greater distance it helps.

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
I have this installed on all my Ford vehicles. Ford Accessories:
VEHICLE SECURITY SYSTEM - FORD PERIMETER PLUS
$207.61
Your Price: $186.85
Add Installation For: $ 62.50

Your Price: $ 186.85
Part No
ML3Z-19A361-A
Is this an easy self-install thing or requires dealership?

12wins

First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employed
I’ve always had it installed by the dealer prior to delivery.

12wins

First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employed
I’ve had it installed on my last 5 Ford vehicles. If you want a good perimeter (windows, sheet metal) shock sensor that will notify you by text when triggered then you will be happy with it. I know anytime my vehicle has been bumped. Even just a animal or person bumping into it if you set it to that level of sensitivity. The system has multiple levels of sensitivity settings so you can set it to your preference.

Sponsored

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
I’ve had it installed on my last 5 Ford vehicles. If you want a good perimeter (windows, sheet metal) shock sensor that will notify you by text when triggered then you will be happy with it. I know anytime my vehicle has been bumped. Even just a animal or person bumping into it if you set it to that level of sensitivity. The system has multiple levels of sensitivity settings so you can set it to your preference.
I do like that a lot. I've seen some conflicting comments on multiple forms on whether this is really just plug and play or requires pretty significant removal or door panels, footwells, center stack, etc.

Canadianeh!

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
So I pick up this product yesterday. It’s not as easy to install as previous years. Now it connected thru the gateway module behind the climate control so pissed now I gotta get the dealer to install it

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
My first vehicle alarm I had was pre-installed by the dealer in my 1999 F150. The dealer charged $150 to "activate" it. I was looking forward to getting an insurance discount because I had always heard that insurance companies gave a discount. Turns out my AAA insurance said, Sorry we do not give a discount for car alarms. All they do is make noise and don't actually prevent theft. They said sure it might scare off an amatrur but not a pro, so no discount. Although I have considered them since then, I've never had 1 installed. My current Lariat has the feature but don't all the 21's have them?

dwade62

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 5.0 Supercrew, 302A High, Carbonized gray
My sticker says I have Perimeter Alarm. I have an XLT with the the 302A package.
I know I don't have the interior motion sensors. If I don't have the "Plus" with the shock sensors... what exactly does Perimeter Alarm do?

Ford F-150 Security alarm feature 20210911_204447

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
I have added a Compustar alarm with Drone Module so far very impressed I was a big Viper fan but 2020 was not good for them.
Sponsored