Securialert - Thoughts?

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
As of this morning FordPass must have fixed their bug in Apple IOS. The scheduler works to automatically enable and disable the SecuriAlert system!!!

I disabled SecuriAlert last night; still had the scheduler active. Within the timeslot scheduled I got notifications and noted that the SecuriAlert was Enabled, when the timeslot had passed the SecuriAlert disabled. This is exactly the way I expected it to work! Hope you all get to try it out and it works for you... I wonder if my complaint to FordPass support made this happen?
Forgot to post yesterday but suddenly mine started working as well. Now the scheduler seems to be turning on and off the alerts as it should. Glad they fixed this!
Sponsored

Wsaunders2

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat SCrew FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
IT Director
For some reason my Securialert has disappeared from my Fordpass this morning? It had been there and setup and working and I set a schedule, etc. Now this morning I see no trace of it in Fordpass? Anyone else experience this?

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost FX4
Yeah, mostly it was about how I could "Big Brother" them and tell that I was being lied to. The securialert service itself seems to be working fine for me on Android.
Did your truck lane keep issue get resolved?

OP
OP
apMechorse

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Did your truck lane keep issue get resolved?
No. The Lane Centering will still randomly shut off with no warning. The mechanic originally tried to blame me since he said the system has a safety feature to shut off if the driver is inattentive. I however explained to him that I'm not sure how much more attentive I could have been considering I witnessed it shut off less than a minute after turning on my cruise. On top of that, the sensor that is supposed to register inattentiveness is not even installed in my truck, since I don't have the BlueCruise prep setup option installed.

It's fun explaining to the techs how your truck is supposed to work. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I for one think it's great!

My truck has been in the shop for about a week (still trying to figure out why lane centering shuts itself off with no warning, among other issues) and I keep getting text "updates" telling me that they are still working on it with no real additional information. I have driven by several times and it's still sitting right where I dropped it off. I checked the app and sure enough: No notifications that any of the doors or the hood have been opened.

I call and ask about it at 8 this morning and suddenly:

Screenshot_20210722-130616.jpg

I love this feature.
Your lane centering is turning off because you are driving badly. Lol. Or at least your truck computer says so.

If you cross the lines to many times the system will take your lane centering away with 0 warning. Even without triggering the "You may need to stop and rest" message, you can cross enough lines on back roads at low speeds to trigger the penalty.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
You two above: Are you using Apple IOS and have you updated your truck's software? [I have both to auto update]

The only condition for it NOT to alarm when SecuriAlert is active (be it from the schedule or just enabling it) is when the ignition is on. I however completely agree with you, if you are using the key... except the intent is to prevent and notify of theft, if your keys are stolen, wouldn't you like to know that now your truck is open?
Completely agree, in my opinion it should not activate following the ignition shut off until 30 seconds have passed or you have locked the doors.
So if someone clones your key fob or uses your side entry key code, you don't want to be alerted of your doors opening?

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost FX4
So if someone clones your key fob or uses your side entry key code, you don't want to be alerted of your doors opening?
I think you are missing what I am suggesting?
...the intent is to prevent and notify of theft, if your keys are stolen, wouldn't you like to know that now your truck is open?

OP
OP
apMechorse

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Your lane centering is turning off because you are driving badly. Lol. Or at least your truck computer says so.

If you cross the lines to many times the system will take your lane centering away with 0 warning. Even without triggering the "You may need to stop and rest" message, you can cross enough lines on back roads at low speeds to trigger the penalty.
Ford F-150 Securialert - Thoughts? 1rlxg99yx9241

I'm not sure how much more attentive I could have been considering I witnessed it shut off less than a minute after turning on my cruise.
I just got back from a 145 mile highway round trip where I attempted to cause the Lane Centering to shut off with no warning. To the casual observer I must have appeared to have been drunk or half asleep. Bottom line, no matter how many times it yelled at me to put my hands on the wheel (both amber and red warnings), forced me to regain control of the vehicle (red warning and kicked off cruise), or advised me to take a break (amber warning after wandering over many lines w/o signaling) it never ONCE shut off without warning, or required me to restart the truck to have it come back online.

I'm sure whoever's job at Ford/the FBI/whatever other government agency is tracking our trucks today will have questions for me later. ? :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: My Securialert scheduling has stopped working and now I'm getting the FordPass can't be reached error. ?‍♂

Sponsored

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I think you are missing what I am suggesting?
...the intent is to prevent and notify of theft, if your keys are stolen, wouldn't you like to know that now your truck is open?
I’m going through a divorce. My ex knows the exterior unlock codes.

I want to know every single time my truck doors are opened. Key fob, code, or lock pick. I want to know.

I like it. I love it. I want some more of it. Lol

GFDF150

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost, ‘23 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Marketing Manager
My FordPass app doesn’t show Securialert at all. Is there a setting in the truck I need to turn on?

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
My FordPass app doesn’t show Securialert at all. Is there a setting in the truck I need to turn on?
No. It should be automatic. From time to time it doesn't show up on mine either, but it will probably pop up on yours

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Have you taken the update?