Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
I for one think it's great!

My truck has been in the shop for about a week (still trying to figure out why lane centering shuts itself off with no warning, among other issues) and I keep getting text "updates" telling me that they are still working on it with no real additional information. I have driven by several times and it's still sitting right where I dropped it off. I checked the app and sure enough: No notifications that any of the doors or the hood have been opened.

I call and ask about it at 8 this morning and suddenly:

Ford F-150 Securialert - Thoughts? Screenshot_20210722-130616

I love this feature.
Sponsored

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost FX4
In the past week I have also been trying to figure this out. I have scheduled an active notifications time and it just does not seem to work. No matter if I open the door in the time scheduled or not I get a notification. This is extremely annoying! I would like to only get notifications of when the truck has a door open when I am not awake. Still sorting through all the setup options for this truck, its very complex compared to even my 2018 with sync3.

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe I misunderstood your initial post. Is this a complaint about your service not being performed until you called them or an update showing that once you called they got to work on it?

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
In the past week I have also been trying to figure this out. I have scheduled an active notifications time and it just does not seem to work. No matter if I open the door in the time scheduled or not I get a notification. This is extremely annoying! I would like to only get notifications of when the truck has a door open when I am not awake. Still sorting through all the setup options for this truck, its very complex compared to even my 2018 with sync3.
I am having the same problem. No matter what I do with the scheduler I get notifications.

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am having the same problem. No matter what I do with the scheduler I get notifications.
I looked at your signature and we have almost the same cars in the driveway! We have a 2017 outback. :LOL:

I have turned off the secruialert and only have the scheduler active. We will see if this corrects the issue... holding my breath ?

Sponsored

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
I see securialert is a new thing, how do I activate it via Ford Pass? The only thing I see is scheduled Start, do I need to do this for securialert to function?

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Maybe I misunderstood your initial post. Is this a complaint about your service not being performed until you called them or an update showing that once you called they got to work on it?
Thats what I gathered. He was able to use the trucks alert system to confirm his suspicion that they were not actually working on it and when he called them out on it he could see that they suddenly jumped to it.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Weird, mine doesnt have that option, although its saying it cannot communicate right now for some reason. Im sure it will pop up once it gets connected.

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
I looked at your signature and we have almost the same cars in the driveway! We have a 2017 outback. :LOL:

I have turned off the secruialert and only have the scheduler active. We will see if this corrects the issue... holding my breath ?
Good idea, I did the same to try that.

On a side note about your previous post, we really like our Outback but due to remote working it doesn't get driven much. We almost upgraded it last fall to a Tesla we test drove and really liked but working from home is looking more permanent so we decided to just keep the Outback.

Sponsored

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Checking back in... Securialert will not send notifications IF the switch is in the off position regardless of the schedule. this is annoying because "SECURIALERT SCHEDULES Create schedules to manage your SecuriAlert notifications. SecuriAlert is enabled for the periods of time you create.' this is completely bogus. The schedule does nothing to change when you get alerts I created a test plan matrix and nothing I do makes the schedule work as it is described.

I tried asking a quesiton to support on this and they just pointed me to the FAQ section which was no help. I looked this up and found that FordEurope did a youtube and they just show the owner turning on and off the notifications using the switch not the schedule...

:mad::mad:

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
So Ford needs to engineer an enhancement for a secondary scheduler to Enable the SecuriAlert button.

Also, if you are an Android user and use Do Not Disturb, you have to create an exception for the Ford App to disturb you after hours.

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So Ford needs to engineer an enhancement for a secondary scheduler to Enable the SecuriAlert button.

Also, if you are an Android user and use Do Not Disturb, you have to create an exception for the Ford App to disturb you after hours.
I'm on the phone with FordPass now... I am having the issue with Apple.

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm on the phone with FordPass now... I am having the issue with Apple.
Well... The schedule feature is a new feature that is not functional and is not expected to be until the next software update in about 6 months!

Right now out of the mouth of FordPass "this is an enable/disable feature only right now. The schedule is not a functioning feature at this time we expect it to be in the next large software update within 6 months" WHAT???

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2

Good point, same would apply to iOS as far as Do Not Disturb stopping the alerts from making a noise and/or turning on your screen. Although while iOS has the option to override per contact, I don’t see it per app.
Sponsored