Sponsored

Securialert - Thoughts?

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Well... The schedule feature is a new feature that is not functional and is not expected to be until the next software update in about 6 months!

Right now out of the mouth of FordPass "this is an enable/disable feature only right now. The schedule is not a functioning feature at this time we expect it to be in the next large software update within 6 months" WHAT???
I don’t believe this. They would leave that feature off and add it when ready. I think it’s a clueless help desk person.

Btw, my scheduler doesn’t work either. I get a FordPass isn’t responding error. Any ideas?
Sponsored

OP
OP
apMechorse

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Mine seems to be working just fine. With the main toggle ON and two set schedules, it only seems to flag a door opening during the scheduled times. Anything outside the scheduled times it ignores.

OP
OP
apMechorse

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Maybe I misunderstood your initial post. Is this a complaint about your service not being performed until you called them or an update showing that once you called they got to work on it?
Yeah, mostly it was about how I could "Big Brother" them and tell that I was being lied to. The securialert service itself seems to be working fine for me on Android.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I see securialert is a new thing, how do I activate it via Ford Pass? The only thing I see is scheduled Start, do I need to do this for securialert to function?
Pretty sure it became available via an OTA update. I received one last week and that’s when I informed that Securialert was to be available in FordPass. Took a couple of days for it to populate in the app.

F150 4X4

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I see securialert is a new thing, how do I activate it via Ford Pass? The only thing I see is scheduled Start, do I need to do this for securialert to function?
Hit vehicle on your app. , scroll up and hit securialert .

Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Thats what I gathered. He was able to use the trucks alert system to confirm his suspicion that they were not actually working on it and when he called them out on it he could see that they suddenly jumped to it.
They didn't really start working on it. They opened the door nine times ?

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
The Securialert scheduler seems to have no effect on when I get alerts... I get them all the time, and not just within the scheduled times.

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost FX4
As of this morning FordPass must have fixed their bug in Apple IOS. The scheduler works to automatically enable and disable the SecuriAlert system!!!

I disabled SecuriAlert last night; still had the scheduler active. Within the timeslot scheduled I got notifications and noted that the SecuriAlert was Enabled, when the timeslot had passed the SecuriAlert disabled. This is exactly the way I expected it to work! Hope you all get to try it out and it works for you... I wonder if my complaint to FordPass support made this happen?

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
What is this Secure Alert you speak of... I still don't see this in my FordPass app.

Ford F-150 Securialert - Thoughts? Screenshot_20210726-133129_FordPass

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
As of this morning FordPass must have fixed their bug in Apple IOS. The scheduler works to automatically enable and disable the SecuriAlert system!!!

I disabled SecuriAlert last night; still had the scheduler active. Within the timeslot scheduled I got notifications and noted that the SecuriAlert was Enabled, when the timeslot had passed the SecuriAlert disabled. This is exactly the way I expected it to work! Hope you all get to try it out and it works for you... I wonder if my complaint to FordPass support made this happen?
Not on mine. It won’t save any new schedule. I get a FordPass isn’t responding error. But everything else on the app seems to work.

Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Well... The schedule feature is a new feature that is not functional and is not expected to be until the next software update in about 6 months!

Right now out of the mouth of FordPass "this is an enable/disable feature only right now. The schedule is not a functioning feature at this time we expect it to be in the next large software update within 6 months" WHAT???
Interesting.

Well I set this up and enabled both the schedule and the actual feature.

So this morning, I had to get into the truck during the 'Enabled' schedule; I triggered the unlock by grabbing hold of the door handle with my wireless fob in my pocket. The app did alert me right away that there was an 'unauthorized entry'; it actually warned me when I opened each of my doors this way.

So, the app is a little buggy. Wireless keyfob entry should not be 'unauthorized'.
I'm sure there will be more fun use cases that pop up.

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Interesting.

So this morning, I had to get into the truck during the 'Enabled' schedule; I triggered the unlock by grabbing hold of the door handle with my wireless fob in my pocket. The app did alert me right away that there was an 'unauthorized entry'; it actually warned me when I opened each of my doors this way.

So, the app is a little buggy. Wireless keyfob entry should not be 'unauthorized'.
Agreed, I also think there should be a cooldown on notifications as well when the vehicle is shut down. I don't need to get a notification that my drivers door was opened 5 seconds after the ignition was switched off...

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost FX4
What is this Secure Alert you speak of... I still don't see this in my FordPass app.

Screenshot_20210726-133129_FordPass.jpg
Not on mine. It won’t save any new schedule. I get a FordPass isn’t responding error. But everything else on the app seems to work.
You two above: Are you using Apple IOS and have you updated your truck's software? [I have both to auto update]

Interesting.

The only condition for it NOT to alarm when SecuriAlert is active (be it from the schedule or just enabling it) is when the ignition is on. I however completely agree with you, if you are using the key... except the intent is to prevent and notify of theft, if your keys are stolen, wouldn't you like to know that now your truck is open?
Agreed, I also think there should be a cooldown on notifications as well when the vehicle is shut down. I don't need to get a notification that my drivers door was opened 5 seconds after the ignition was switched off...
Completely agree, in my opinion it should not activate following the ignition shut off until 30 seconds have passed or you have locked the doors.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
The only condition for it NOT to alarm when SecuriAlert is active (be it from the schedule or just enabling it) is when the ignition is on. I however completely agree with you, if you are using the key... except the intent is to prevent and notify of theft, if your keys are stolen, wouldn't you like to know that now your truck is open?

If my keys were stolen at any time of the day, then I want this enabled 24/7.

This app just should auto enable if/when the car is off and the car is locked and the wireless fob is not detectable AND AndroidAuto/CarPlay isn't connected.

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
You two above: Are you using Apple IOS and have you updated your truck's software? [I have both to auto update]

Completely agree, in my opinion it should not activate following the ignition shut off until 30 seconds have passed or you have locked the doors.
My truck, Samsung Note20 Ultra, and the FordPass app are all up to date. (All set to auto update)
Sponsored