Seats and Steering Wheel Moved Itself!

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Today when I went out to my truck and the driver seat was FULLY reclined, to the point it was smashing my car-seat base and may have ruined the driver seat leather, we will see if it "recovers". I did not recline it, but was using my remote start app and key fob, since I was using the zone lighting while I shoveled snow, and the app wouldn't let me use the zone lighting without the truck running (maybe because it was so cold?). I was never in the truck, and the last thing I did was get groceries out of the back floor board, so I know for a fact that it was not reclined by accident when I got out or something like that.

I also noticed that a week ago I went to take my mom on a test drive in my new truck... I went in their house and came back out and the passenger seat was half-way reclined, which it wasn't when I got there, and no one had ever reclined it that far. I didn't think anything of it until now.

I have read on other forum this morning that this might be a thing. Has anyone else had this issue? I will be taking it to the dealer to discuss, especially because I can't have it breaking the seat, or the car seat itself if installed. I'm sure it will be one of those intermittent issues, but I'll hope they can diagnose it properly.

Is there any key fob/button/app combo that forces a full recline? That is my only thought on how it could be my fault.

UPDATE:

I thought I was crazy and was going to wait to see if it happened again. However, my wheel was back to full telescope in and my presets were deleted. I know for a fact that this was not me.

Ford F-150 Seats and Steering Wheel Moved Itself! 0106C9E6-5F99-4375-BB44-7A0F74D8BA57
Sponsored

Last edited:

13_F150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2020 Volvo XC60
Today when I went out to my truck and the driver seat was FULLY reclined, to the point it was smashing my car-seat base and may have ruined the driver seat leather, we will see if it "recovers". I did not recline it, but was using my remote start app and key fob, since I was using the zone lighting while I shoveled snow, and the app wouldn't let me use the zone lighting without the truck running (maybe because it was so cold?). I was never in the truck, and the last thing I did was get groceries out of the back floor board, so I know for a fact that it was not reclined by accident when I got out or something like that.

I also noticed that a week ago I went to take my mom on a test drive in my new truck... I went in their house and came back out and the passenger seat was half-way reclined, which it wasn't when I got there, and no one had ever reclined it that far. I didn't think anything of it until now.

I have read on other forum this morning that this might be a thing. Has anyone else had this issue? I will be taking it to the dealer to discuss, especially because I can't have it breaking the seat, or the car seat itself if installed. I'm sure it will be one of those intermittent issues, but I'll hope they can diagnose it properly.

Is there any key fob/button/app combo that forces a full recline? That is my only thought on how it could be my fault.

View attachment 8399
Only thing I can think of is memory seat programs to the button number and I believe also to the key fob

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Great hopefully this is just one off and not similar to my 15 mustang. I swear every other time I do drive that thing something with the memory seats/mirrors goes haywire.

Ive had the extreme seat recline (going full recline then just clicking like it’s trying to go more) and the most common mirrors adjusting all the way in one direction then just clicking when it at max pretty loud like the motor is still trying to adjust it further. Shits been happening with that car since I bought it brand new.

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport Hybrid
Occupation
Aerospace
This happened to me overnight, driver seat was fully reclined when I opened my truck today. If it happens again, I will call the dealer unless someone here has an idea/solution. thanks.

Buschlatte

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
This has been happening to me as well, at least 3 times in the past 1200 miles

I will bring it up at my first oil change.

my truck does not have memory seats
Sponsored