Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Hey Folks,

I know this is a "First World Problem"... but, I have a scuff on my brand new steering wheel (< 2K miles), right around the 7 o'clock position. I have no idea if it was there when I bought the truck, or I did it. All I know is that now that I know it's there, my hand keeps gravitating right to it! I really don't want it to get any worse. Does anyone have a recommendation (short of replacing the steering wheel) to treat it?

Ford F-150 Scuff on Leather Steering Wheel... :-( 67C8B71C-7C77-43B9-BD15-866BF7639DEA_1_102_o
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I would go to a place that sells/repairs leather coats and see what they have for cleaning or repair products. They also should be able to recommend a place that can repair it.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I know this is a "First World Problem"...
When in Rome:

Ford F-150 Scuff on Leather Steering Wheel... :-( 56B3C932-0E69-4544-BF9E-250A40BF5167

On a serious note, I would confirm if it was leather or not, since the damage in the picture looks more consistent with vinyl, especially the damage near the stitching where the material is stretched tight. Consumer protection laws have been so eroded, that manufacturers are calling synthetic leather products leather and getting away with it.

You can't even buy Mayonnaise anymore without having to read the ingredients:

https://www.inc.com/tess-townsend/just-mayo-to-keep-its-name.html

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
On the bottom of my steering wheel I have a stitching that had a thread or a small cut that drives me crazy. One of these days I'll take a peak and fix it.

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Well... 6 months later and my dealer submitted my complaint about the steering wheel to Ford Corporate. BTW, the steering wheel has developed another rough patch around the 11 o'clock position. I have ceramic tint on the front window so it's not UV rot, and I don't use cream on my hands (the dealer suggested that might be the issue). I only have 5K miles on the truck, so it's not like I am even in it that much and it's kept in the garage!

It's just really annoying to pay $70K for a truck and have the part you touch the most feel cheap and rough.

The dealer said that I could try and "appeal" the decision directly with Ford, but he didn't think they'd change their minds.

@Ford Motor Company, any suggestions as to what path to take?
Sponsored