screen protector

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
I got it not for protection but to prevent fingerprints and glare. The OCDplug does both very well! I was worried about a couple really small liquid bubbles behind it but those went away after a few days. Great product, worth the $.

OK I gotta ask. What are you doing to your screens that you need to protect them? I get it for a phone that is in and out of pockets and getting pushed around on surfaces etc...but in a truck? The only thing that touches my screen is my finger, which I admit isn't always spotless but normally good enough to change the tunes with. Just curious........
Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
OK I gotta ask. What are you doing to your screens that you need to protect them? I get it for a phone that is in and out of pockets and getting pushed around on surfaces etc...but in a truck? The only thing that touches my screen is my finger, which I admit isn't always spotless but normally good enough to change the tunes with. Just curious........
It just seemed like something I needed for a $60k truck. Once it was posted, I had to have it! :ROFLMAO:

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
I would take it out and make sure to flatten it! it comes rolled up
Yeah. I have opened the box. I can't not do that!

I'll flatten it out before I am ready to install.

Thanks!

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
Grease, oil from changing the oil/ working on the truck. Grease from food, dirt, nails, metal rings.

Reduction in glare.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
It was the fingerprints and glare for me. I'm sure the glass is probably scratch resistant but figured I wouldn't get the fingerprint complaints this way.

Sponsored

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
I do most of my driving on gravel roads, especially in the fall. All that dust sits on or near your screen, one swipe with your finger and a scratch forms. Especially with the gauges.

Ldkburra

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
You sold me! Just ordered mine. Thank you for the heads up.

canes1

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC
My dealer had installed a screen protector and tinted the front windows, which was included in the price of the truck. Those are 2 of the first things I'd have done anyways.

I assumed Ford had an OEM screen protector...will call dealership to find out what they used.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Interesting. Ever since I left iPhones for Google Pixels a few years ago, I haven't needed any type of screen protectors.

Sponsored

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
How does it stick onto the screen? I'm afraid of long term what will happen to the screen protector or if it doesn't peel off nicely in the future if you want to replace it

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Thanks for sharing. I just ordered one for my 8". Promo code: "Save10" works as of this post.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Can finally report on this.

One month in and I finally removed the factory “CAUTION DO NOT TOUCH DISPLAY DURING INSTALLATION THE FILM IS TO BE REMOVED BEFORE USAGE” protector. It was a big day for me! ?

I got the same brand, but the glass material instead. I didn’t want to have to hassle with a big floppy, sticky sheet on this Big-A screen. It’s hard enough on cell phones.

The glass one fit perfect, and is working well so far. Got a few air bubbles in it I’m hoping will work themselves out, but it’s great otherwise great so far!

Ford F-150 screen protector E4856556-1D25-40B2-A172-5EE2D875928D
Sponsored