Screen Protector for the 12” Screen on 2021 F-150

Donkey92

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew Sport 4x4
Hi all, I was just curious to know if anyone has has found a screen protector that fits and functions properly on their 12’ screen. Is this option even a necessity for those who have had the truck for a while and use the screen constantly? Any info would be appreciated!
Sponsored

C_Low

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
Hi all, I was just curious to know if anyone has has found a screen protector that fits and functions properly on their 12’ screen. Is this option even a necessity for those who have had the truck for a while and use the screen constantly? Any info would be appreciated!
I have not gotten it, hell I haven’t even gotten my truck lol, but I found this one and was thinking about it.

https://www.theocdplug.com/checkout?cartToken=1Warf0TbJFmRUq6iGtwZtYVdxeKvcXLB3foeI-wP

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
They’re starting to show up on amazon with horrible reviews that they do not fit correctly, etc. I’m holding off until I see one with good reviews. My little man smashed the navi screen in my wife’s suv (long story with a matchbox or some other little toy) soooooo Im looking for one also.

OP
OP

Donkey92

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OP
OP

Donkey92

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They’re starting to show up on amazon with horrible reviews that they do not fit correctly, etc. I’m holding off until I see one with good reviews. My little man smashed the navi screen in my wife’s suv soooooo Im looking for one also.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Not even one with above 4.0 stars. Oh man, I hope you are able to fix that soon! RIP Screen :(

Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
If these are going to be the first big infotainment screens for you, I'm going to give you my experience with them. I've had 6, 8 and now on my 2nd 12" screen. Never had screen protectors on any of them. I wiped them off with a dry microfiber and they looked brand new the day I got rid of the vehicle. Now I'm typing this on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 that I have had for 2+ years with no screen protector.
Anyway, if you sleep better with one, then get one. But, you really don't need one...

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
Im waiting until I see a super overpriced one that I know will at least be decent.... and judging by the time its taking my truck to get here I have a lot of time :)

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I agree with another poster, I don't think it is necessary. I did put one on my Nitendo Switch for my daughter. My truck won't be dropped and I won't have my keys scratching against it.

C_Low

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
Oh boy! Thank you so much. Have you used or gotten one from them before? I don’t see any reviews but I think ill take a chance anyways.
I can’t imagine the anticipation! Hope the day comes soon. I had to wait two months and it was torture! Thanks for the link!
No I haven’t. I found them on IG. Yea time is creeping for sure! Iv only been waiting like 3 weeks ? so I have a ways to go.

OP
OP

Donkey92

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If these are going to be the first big infotainment screens for you, I'm going to give you my experience with them. I've had 6, 8 and now on my 2nd 12" screen. Never had screen protectors on any of them. I wiped them off with a dry microfiber and they looked brand new the day I got rid of the vehicle. Now I'm typing this on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 that I have had for 2+ years with no screen protector.
Anyway, if you sleep better with one, then get one. But, you really don't need one...
Thanks, I appreciate your honesty and viewpoint!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Donkey92

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I agree with another poster, I don't think it is necessary. I did put one on my Nitendo Switch for my daughter. My truck won't be dropped and I won't have my keys scratching against it.
Haha! Yeah I suppose I wont be doing that. I’m just worried about my dogs nose and dirt when they shake. Thanks for the input.

OP
OP

Donkey92

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Im waiting until I see a super overpriced one that I know will at least be decent.... and judging by the time its taking my truck to get here I have a lot of time :)
Hope it comes soon! I hit the lotto because there wasn’t a single version of the lariat I wanted available within 2000 miles except one down the next town over.

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Haha! Yeah I suppose I wont be doing that. I’m just worried about my dogs nose and dirt when they shake. Thanks for the input.
At most you will get dust on it that you can wipe off with a microfiber cloth. My dog only leaves nose prints on windows. He has no interest in screens. I am more worried about the leather on the center console. Sometimes I take him with me to pick up the kid from school. He goes from the back to the front seat, when I get out to greet her.