Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f150
Occupation
Company
F150 Gen14 Members,

Are you dealing with swirls on your piano black pillars?
Do you want to prevent scratches from happening in the future?
Watch this video to see the magic of Screen ProTech!

We love when our satisfied customers post amazing videos like this one!

If anyone in this forum is dealing with scratched pillars and would like to make them look new again, go ahead and use code F14G15 for a discount on our Pillar and Screen protection products!

Our simple way of giving back to this great community.
-Screen ProTech
Sponsored

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
PPF never lines up 100% with the B pillars. My local PPF installer computer cut mine several times but just doesn’t workout in the end. too many deviations each time unfortunately.

Dunthupl

First Name
Hunt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
@Screen Protech why choose you over a household name such as Xpel which is $10 cheaper?

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
PPF never lines up 100% with the B pillars. My local PPF installer computer cut mine several times but just doesn’t workout in the end. too many deviations each time unfortunately.
I bought (EDIT: theocdplug version, not @Screen Protech ) and lining up the number pad offsets the rest of the film. Out of the 4 pillars, 1 was acceptable. The other 3 can see gaps, and i sprayed the hell out of all sides with soapy water. No matter how I moved the film, there were still gaps.

Last edited:

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I bought these and lining up the number pad offsets the rest of the film. Out of the 4 pillars, 1 was acceptable. The other 3 can see gaps, and i sprayed the hell out of all sides with soapy water. No matter how I moved the film, there were still gaps.
yeah. like i said too many deviations for such thing as perfect when it comes to something like this.

Sponsored

SpaceCadet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 (On Order)

My detailer had a similar experience, he tried 3 different softwares from various brands to cut the PPF, and all 3 had different issues with lining up. They were either too narrow or too short in certain areas and had issues lining up with the number pad

Sad to hear Wvmtneer experience with these not lining up, was hoping these would fit.

OP
OP
Screen Protech

Screen Protech

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f150
Occupation
Company
@Screen Protech why choose you over a household name such as Xpel which is $10 cheaper?
You'll just have to try them out for yourself to see!
If you would be interested in making a comparison video of the two, I would be more than happy to get you some pillar protection at a discount

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My detailer had a similar experience, he tried 3 different softwares from various brands to cut the PPF, and all 3 had different issues with lining up. They were either too narrow or too short in certain areas and had issues lining up with the number pad

Sad to hear Wvmtneer experience with these not lining up, was hoping these would fit.
I went back though my email, I actually bought b pillar covers from theocdplug not @Screen Protech. My mistake.

Sponsored

SCTYDOG

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Escape Hybrid, 2015 CMax Hybrid, 2003 T-Bird
Occupation
Computer Forensic Examiner
When I had everything forward of the cab fully PPF wrapped, I also had the B pillar done and it's perfect. The only way to get the best possible results is from the installer using product in bulk, not from precut pieces.

OP
OP
Screen Protech

Screen Protech

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f150
Occupation
Company

He actually didn't try ours. He tried another companies. We have sold hundreds of these and have never had an issue with them lining up. We use a patented 3D scanning design process and make the most accurate patterns in the industry.
We will put our product up head to head with anybody out there

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Is there a temperature these should be installed at?

Do these have the self healing properties?

bossbolognese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 platinum 701a on order
I'd like to see how these match up to the OCDplug ones. I'm pretty disappointed in the fit on the OCDplug ones (gaps on all side pretty much). I'm probably going to try to just throw some satin vinyl on the pillars and see how that turns out.

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When I had everything forward of the cab fully PPF wrapped, I also had the B pillar done and it's perfect. The only way to get the best possible results is from the installer using product in bulk, not from precut pieces.
same concept here.. except the edges and trimming of the PPF looked like dog sh*t. no such thing as perfect when it comes to PPF on the B pillars truthfully speaking.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.