Scratches on Agate Black

krj1053

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lariat F-150
Anyone have any experience with scratches on their black paint? I was planning on ordering a Tremor until Ford got rid of Lead Foot. I’m considering switching to black or a Lariat so I can order Rapid Red.
Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I've had black vehicles for decades and have used touch drive through car washes for the last two winters.
Invest in an orbital buffer (I have a Porter Cable) and spend a morning on it once winter is over and I'm back to hand washing.

Sponsored

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Anyone have any experience with scratches on their black paint? I was planning on ordering a Tremor until Ford got rid of Lead Foot. I’m considering switching to black or a Lariat so I can order Rapid Red.
Black holds up fine over the years. I didn't do anything special to the '03 other than a wax job every year or so and keeping it out of automatic car washes. Keeping the '03 garaged a lot also helped. Granted, the finish on the either one isn't perfect but it's a truck. Order one with a color that you like.

Ford F-150 Scratches on Agate Black IMG_1697

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
Black holds up fine over the years. I didn't do anything special to the '03 other than a wax job every year or so and keeping it out of automatic car washes. Keeping the '03 garaged a lot also helped. Granted, the finish on the either one isn't perfect but it's a truck. Order one with a color that you like.

IMG_1697.jpg
Great pic!! I knew the F150 had grown over the years but you can really see it in this pic.

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Great pic!! I knew the F150 had grown over the years but you can really see it in this pic.
Thanks. The next door neighbor bought the '03 to replace the white F-150 in his driveway which was about 12 years newer but had more miles on it. The '03 is a work truck now & still going strong.

dwigit_99

First Name
"Dwigit"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB Sport [built but not shipped]

IMG_1697.jpg
Love the look! I should be getting my Black Lariat Sport next month. Looks like you removed the Sport decal? Can you send me a quick note on what other mods you did to black it our and where you got the parts? Front and side badges? Exhaust tips? Mirror caps?

Thanks!

Sponsored

Screen Protech

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f150
Occupation
Company
No not LEAD FOOT

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Love the look! I should be getting my Black Lariat Sport next month. Looks like you removed the Sport decal? Can you send me a quick note on what other mods you did to black it our and where you got the parts? Front and side badges? Exhaust tips? Mirror caps?

Thanks!
Thanks. Nothing done the the Lariat sport package with 20” wheels except remove the decals. The dealer let the truck sit in the sun then just pulled them off. I wasn’t a fan of the decals on the ‘03 either and had those removed too upon delivery.

Jaredr821

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 rocky ridge 5.0 with 3.0 whipple
Occupation
Manager
I’ve had a real bad issue with swirls using auto car washes. Who has time to hand wash their truck once a week? I got the ceramic coating and ppf. Still have to polish /wax every other month due to terrible swirls
Sponsored