• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
That doesnt mean they will make anywhere near 75K units. If means they are SLOWLY ramping up to a 75K rate or 6250 a month. All they are saying is that in the last month they build 2022s they hope to do 6250 trucks. One recent article had the number pegged at 15,000 for 2022.
so if the goal is 6250 by September? October? If so i think the 18,000 number seems reasonable, 6250, 5000, 3500, 1800, with another 1500 between March-June? It took Rivian 3 months to deliver 1000 vehicles and i assume Ford is a little better prepared, or i hope so at least....
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
so if the goal is 6250 by September? October? If so i think the 18,000 number seems reasonable, 6250, 5000, 3500, 1800, with another 1500 between March-June? It took Rivian 3 months to deliver 1000 vehicles and i assume Ford is a little better prepared, or i hope so at least....
Yup - 18k to 20k I think is the best guesstimate we can make at this time. We also don't know how many of those will go to fleet vs. reservation holders.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Yup - 18k to 20k I think is the best guesstimate we can make at this time. We also don't know how many of those will go to fleet vs. reservation holders.
I keep forgetting about those pesky fleet trucks.... darn them and their open wallets!

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Does anyone recall seeing a ā€œlate availabilityā€ for the tow tech package?

Canā€™t remember seeing anything other than spring 2022 when I ordered but my brother has me thinking about adding the tow tech package now.
I don't recall seeing that anywhere. And it's standard on Platinum and Lariat+, so I'd think it would be a priority kit. If anything, it might be "late availability" for all of the other configs?
Traider Hitch Assist (part of the tow tech package) wonā€™t be available until Fall ā€˜22, but that shouldnā€™t delay production since itā€™s just a software update. Could that be what you were thinking of?
It could be. I donā€™t recall where I saw it but it scared me! I donā€™t mind waiting on software patches though. A 4-6 month delay of the truck wouldnā€™t be ideal though.
Itā€™s on the build and price. As much as I want the 360 cameras and brake controller, I donā€™t necessarily want to miss the $7500 tax rebate to get those things if it slows down my order due to ā€œlate availabilityā€. Maybe I need to drop it and save the $2000, my boat is surge brake anyway. Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll call the Lightning customer line and ask the question. Looks like itā€™s standard on anything extended range, but since nothing else in production is using the extended range battery yet all the ER battery trucks will likely be late availability.

Ford F-150 Lightning [Updated] 2022MY F-150 Lightning Scheduling and Job 1 Production Dates Announced 2DA84D54-E7A9-4A89-B25C-C06F6E2E19C6

Last edited:

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Look at the line under what you circled. It's a delayed software update. Should not hold up the build.
Agree and crossing my fingers! Not to mention if it was delayed they would have only Pros and XLT driving around advertising. No way they donā€™t pump the roads full of Lariat and Platinums asap.

Last edited:

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), the initial timetable information has been released for the 2022 F-150 BEV Lightning
  • 01/05/2022 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • TBD - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • TBD - 2022MY Job #1 Production Date

"SCHEDULING" vs "PRODUCTION" Week explained :

Scheduling is the act of scheduling a future production week.
Production is the act of executing the schedule (building your F-150 that week).

If your F-150 is scheduled to be built/produced during the weeks listed below, you can ignore this list as this is only relating to the scheduling of future production weeks.
Ok, so my dealerships demo/mannequin is scheduled for 4/11 production. I wonder if all dealer demo units will be produced prior to retail orders or if retail orders will be scheduled concurrently with the demos. I would love to get an April production date.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Ok, so my dealerships demo/mannequin is scheduled for 4/11 production. I wonder if all dealer demo units will be produced prior to retail orders or if retail orders will be scheduled concurrently with the demos. I would love to get an April production date.
I always hate to speculate, but my speculation is that IF dealerships are going to get demo/showroom models earlier than customers get their builds, its because they will probably get one of the glitchy first run models of the line that ford doesn't want to deliver to an average customer. At least I hope that's the case. But isn't it rare for all dealerships to get "limited production" first year models as floor demos?

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I always hate to speculate, but my speculation is that IF dealerships are going to get demo/showroom models earlier than customers get their builds, its because they will probably get one of the glitchy first run models of the line that ford doesn't want to deliver to an average customer. At least I hope that's the case. But isn't it rare for all dealerships to get "limited production" first year models as floor demos?
A lot of dealers had mannequins ordered for them by Ford before we had wave one. My dealer mentioned expecting it end of March. They are nice models too like lariat + ERs.

Sponsored

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
All certified EV dealers are getting a demo. I think it was the same with Mach E but their production was mixed in with ordered units. We have been told they will be the first production units but I wonder if our ordered units will also be built during the same time like the Mach E.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
All certified EV dealers are getting a demo. I think it was the same with Mach E but their production was mixed in with ordered units. We have been told they will be the first production units but I wonder if our ordered units will also be built during the same time like the Mach E.
I hope they'll build ours AFTER lol. My cousin works on putting together the new factory production lines. He was on the new Explorer line a couple years back when they redesigned. It was the first time he was part of the crew. He said to NEVER hope to be the first to get a new model car because they are working out the kinks in production...if something is wrong in early production, car still rolls off assembly line and gets sent on its way to dealerships. He is currently working on a new production line in ohio, but his buddy working on Lightning line. I'm still waiting to hear back with an update on specifics. Will post when i know some solid info.

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
A lot of dealers had mannequins ordered for them by Ford before we had wave one. My dealer mentioned expecting it end of March. They are nice models too like lariat + ERs.
The mannequins will be comprised of all models. My dealers mannequin is a PRO.