• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Based on all available data, my guess is 32,768 buult as MY22

Anyone else care to make up a number?
Is this going to use the price is right games show rules?
Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Does anyone recall seeing a “late availability” for the tow tech package?

Can’t remember seeing anything other than spring 2022 when I ordered but my brother has me thinking about adding the tow tech package now.

Deleted member 9341

Can’t remember seeing anything other than spring 2022 when I ordered but my brother has me thinking about adding the tow tech package now.
That does sound familiar to me from somewhere.

Bill from King Ranch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I don't recall seeing that anywhere. And it's standard on Platinum and Lariat+, so I'd think it would be a priority kit. If anything, it might be "late availability" for all of the other configs?

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
The only thing I saw that would possibly cause a delay would be the power running boards.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Is this going to use the price is right games show rules?
Probably should use the Ford order invite priority rules. You have to guess the rules and they change as soon as you figure them out.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Probably should use the Ford order invite priority rules. You have to guess the rules and they change as soon as you figure them out.
I think I found and published the rules, just not sure if they are right or not.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
So Calvinball.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I don't recall seeing that anywhere. And it's standard on Platinum and Lariat+, so I'd think it would be a priority kit. If anything, it might be "late availability" for all of the other configs?
I added it so I hope it won’t delay me at all. I now have a fully loaded (for 2022 anyway) Pro on order lol.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV

Sponsored

Marshall

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software
Traider Hitch Assist (part of the tow tech package) won’t be available until Fall ‘22, but that shouldn’t delay production since it’s just a software update. Could that be what you were thinking of?

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Traider Hitch Assist (part of the tow tech package) won’t be available until Fall ‘22, but that shouldn’t delay production since it’s just a software update. Could that be what you were thinking of?
It could be. I don’t recall where I saw it but it scared me! I don’t mind waiting on software patches though. A 4-6 month delay of the truck wouldn’t be ideal though.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Newsweek is reporting that: "Currently production capacity stands at 75,00 F 150 Lightning models per year at Ford's Rouge Electric Vehicle Center....A Ford representative confirmed to Newsweek that the company will be slowly ramping up production to the 75,000 mark. ...For the 2023 model year, Ford is targeting approximately 80,000 units per year capacity." https://www.newsweek.com/heres-when-youll-get-your-2022-ford-f-150-lightning-1665122

This is the first number for 2022 that I have seen in print since the 15,000 reported by Reuters some months ago. Does anybody have another source. I'm sure many of us would like to believe there will be 75k of these built in 2022.

That doesnt mean they will make anywhere near 75K units. If means they are SLOWLY ramping up to a 75K rate or 6250 a month. All they are saying is that in the last month they build 2022s they hope to do 6250 trucks. One recent article had the number pegged at 15,000 for 2022.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
That doesnt mean they will make anywhere near 75K units. If means they are SLOWLY ramping up to a 75K rate or 6250 a month. All they are saying is that in the last month they build 2022s they hope to do 6250 trucks. One recent article had the number pegged at 15,000 for 2022.
In a podcast/video, Palmer noted that number was inaccurate. However as I stated before, he could not provide a number due to competitive reasons. So who knows really how many…

I will fly out to the plant myself if it means I could get mine faster though.

Deleted member 9341

Yeah that’s what I had read now that you mention it.
Sponsored