Sponsored

Scale mode bug?

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
I had a 'drive control fault, service required' light come on. It comes on every time I start the truck. Took it in a couple weeks or so ago and was told it's the ride height sensor failed.

My service advisor said the part is on back order. About 6-8 weeks out. He mentioned it's not a problem he's encountered a lot so believes it's on back order not due to supply but because Ford is making a change to the part and the new part isn't released yet.

Just thought that info might be relevant as there may be an issue with faulty ride height sensors.....
To update this, the sensor was replaced.
Same error message came on the next morning.
Just got the truck back from the shop and now they are going to replace a module.

Couple other oddities with this truck:
Sometimes when I remote start it , the front windows won't work. But the rear ones will.

Headlights will turn on. Turn on... not into auto. I leave them in auto but sometimes I turn the truck off and it dings cause the headlights were left 'on' when I shut it off and open the door.

Can't disable trailer routing with Sync Nav. Can't access Sync Nav to disable it unless I subscribe. (Extremely annoying / frustrating)

Not sure if the new module or an update will fix these issues.
Sponsored

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
That is not what mine looks like either. I recently updated the APIM, so I'll have to see if mine has changed and has the same issue. There are two different modes. One is the main display that looks like this:

1680627955071.png

There is also a horizontal scale mode and looks similar to the image below (not my picture) and works fine:

1680628217348.png

So from recent updates, mine no longer has the horizontal scale like in the second photo here, but rather the vertical one. So I guess that was a software update.

But what I am hoping someone can answer is, in the first picture here with the "green" bar, where is 0 actually indicated? Is it the very bottom line? and if so, what is the green portion indicating?

Also, when I go into smart hitch setup and I say use the weight thats in the truck to estimate current cargo, it says something like 750 lbs? Now I may be fat, but not that fat lol. I do have a hard tonneau and a drop in bedliner, but even those combined can't be much over 100 lbs? So seems like something is off.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
So from recent updates, mine no longer has the horizontal scale like in the second photo here, but rather the vertical one. So I guess that was a software update.

But what I am hoping someone can answer is, in the first picture here with the "green" bar, where is 0 actually indicated? Is it the very bottom line? and if so, what is the green portion indicating?

Also, when I go into smart hitch setup and I say use the weight thats in the truck to estimate current cargo, it says something like 750 lbs? Now I may be fat, but not that fat lol. I do have a hard tonneau and a drop in bedliner, but even those combined can't be much over 100 lbs? So seems like something is off.
The main scales display is garbage. This is the hill I will die on.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Truck is going in tomorrow to have a module replaced.
Changing out my ride height sensor did nothing to get scales working.
Still getting the drive fault error message.

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer

On the main page (apparently a.k.a. garbage), you can see that the 0 is at the very bottom of the green bar and the top of the green bar shows the payload of our truck. This bar essentially a "percent full" indicator. In other words, if the green bar is half way up, you have used half your payload.

I think the second page is intended to show you how much weight you have added AFTER resetting the scale to zero. Before that display is useful, you need to reset it, and then add the weight.

I have found my scale to fairly accurate. I weighed 400 lbs of stuff before I placed it in the back, and the green bar was about where I thought it would be. I made the mistake of not resetting the horizontal scale before adding my equipment, so I didn't get a horizontal scale measurement.

I also preformed the scale calibration using Forscan. With Forscan, you just need to click the correct button, and the truck calibrates itself.

Sponsored

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
On the main page (apparently a.k.a. garbage), you can see that the 0 is at the very bottom of the green bar and the top of the green bar shows the payload of our truck. This bar essentially a "percent full" indicator. In other words, if the green bar is half way up, you have used half your payload.

I think the second page is intended to show you how much weight you have added AFTER resetting the scale to zero. Before that display is useful, you need to reset it, and then add the weight.

I have found my scale to fairly accurate. I weighed 400 lbs of stuff before I placed it in the back, and the green bar was about where I thought it would be. I made the mistake of not resetting the horizontal scale before adding my equipment, so I didn't get a horizontal scale measurement.

I also preformed the scale calibration using Forscan. With Forscan, you just need to click the correct button, and the truck calibrates itself.
Ok, mine must require calibration then, because it almost always seems to indicate about half. I don't think the 10 lbs of stuff in the truck, a drop in liner and cover = 900+ lbs lol.

Nano150

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150
Occupation
Teacher
I took mine in to the dealership for them to have a look and fix/recalibrate as my vertical scale is showing 2/3’s full with an empty box. They insisted that everything is well calibrated, understand the situation but essentially have no clue on what to do to remedy the problem.
I am curious if anyone had their dealership actually fix the problem as I do not have forscan nor do I think I should have to hack a system to get something I paid for to actually work properly.

OP
OP

Tronald

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 powerboost
Occupation
Professor
Yes. My dealership installed some updates and then recalibrate it and it's good now. That was over a month ago and still good.
Sponsored