Sponsored

satellite radio rewinds massive chunks at a time?

JimboJames

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ram 1500 ecodiesel 2x4
Occupation
construction subcontractor
coming from a uconnect 8.3" ram and I had a very simple rewind button similar to television dvr. on this sync 4 if you want to rewind to hear something again it will bring you back multiple minutes at a time. am I missing something? on a side note, it is nice that it will guess where commercials stop and start but it still is annoying you cant simply rewind 10 seconds, only multiple minutes.
Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
If it’s playing a song and you touch the back button it goes back to the beginning of the song. It seems pretty normal to me.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Sirius/XM has done this on a few of my previous vehicles, and my F-150 as well. Pressing the rewind/reset track button will go back to the beginning of the song. It’s up to the type of stereo, but typically you cannot partially rewind part of a song while listening to the satellite radio.

It might seem weird, but I’ve noticed where Sirius/XM “marks” the beginning and end of the tracks at could be off by several seconds making it seem like your going to a random part on the song.

OP
OP

JimboJames

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ram 1500 ecodiesel 2x4
Occupation
construction subcontractor
this would all be great for songs. talk radio/news is the problem. if there hasn't been a commercial for 20 minutes and you wanted to catch what someone just said you listen to 20 minutes of talk you already heard. i guess like a lot with this truck we just wait for an update?
Sponsored