Sponsored

safe way to remove the 4x4 decal on the bed-side?

66F100Again

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'66 F100, '11 Mustang GT, '21 F150 Lariat
What's a safe way to remove the 4x4 decal on the bed-side?
Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I hear decal removal with floss or fishing line is easy.

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
What's a safe way to remove the 4x4 decal on the bed-side?
I just did it last weekend. Used hairdryer to warm it up. First side I messed up, because my technique left way too much of the adhesive on the paint and that was a nightmare to then clean off. The other side I paid more attention to getting the adhesive to come off with the sticker and then you can use the sticker itself in a dabbing motion to lift off any remaining adhesive on the paint

OP
OP
66F100Again

66F100Again

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'66 F100, '11 Mustang GT, '21 F150 Lariat
Sounds Good! Thanks.
Still waiting for a build date on my Lariat (ordered 2/25/21) but plan to remove the decal as soon as I get it home unless for some reason I decide it looks good on Antimatter Blue.

Sponsored

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
Sounds Good! Thanks.
Still waiting for a build date on my Lariat (ordered 2/25/21) but plan to remove the decal as soon as I get it home unless for some reason I decide it looks good on Antimatter Blue.
Have your dealer remove as part of its delivery prep. That’s what I did and they were happy to do it.

kmayer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 F250
Occupation
Web Design Agency
I used a hair dryer on my F250 and it came off pretty easy. Key was to heat it a little and test to see if it felt loose. If not heat a bit more and test. Etc. I find it a bit fascinating that car mfg’s still put 4x4 decals on trucks. Like this is some ground breaking new feature ?.

Waxer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 4x4, Star White
I am seconding most of what has been said above - there are also several prior threads on this site and tons of Youtube videos. From my experience last week - hair dryer and patience. I took my time on the first, kept the heat on the leading edge and pulled very slowly and the decal came off without leaving any residue. Got cocky on the second and left a 2" by 4" patch of residue. Goon Gone did not work for me (and neither did most things suggested on Youtube like WD-40). 3M Adhesive Removal was a miracle product - bought it at autocrats store (Autozone) and it broke down the adhesive immediately and left a clean surface.

Sponsored