Sponsored

Safe to order bed accessories based on prior years?

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 ordered, 2019 JLUR Rubicon
I would think that a 6-1/2’ bed on a 2021 would be the same as on any 2017-2020 trucks. Any reason to think there would be a figment issue on anything? Looking at a decked bed system and a cap. Cap may have to wait for the aftermarket to get the Carbonized color.

Anyone have strong feelings between ARE or LEER tor truck caps? I’ve never owned one but really want to set this up with one. Looking at a cap with the ability to add a roof rack on top of it.
Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I think you meant to say 2015-2020.

OP
OP
Bills

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yep 2015-2020.

but I had not really thought of the outlet in the bed of the 2021. Not sure if you could access it through the current Decked system or if it would be lost.

I emailed them to see if they had anything in the works to correct this, or if the outlet would be accessible through the “ammo can” in the corner. If I get an answer I will share it.

OP
OP
Bills

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just an update, the folks at Decked got back with me today. They are waiting on some CAD files to work with for an update to the system for trucks with the power outlets. They don’t be;dive what they currently have for the F-150 will work. May be mid-2021 they said before they have a system ready to go out. (n)

William

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Crew Lariat
Have you had any feedback on whether the toppers/canopy/caps will change?
Also - have a look at RSI canopy if you want to add a roof rack or rtt - they are great.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bills

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have you had any feedback on whether the toppers/canopy/caps will change?
Also - have a look at RSI canopy if you want to add a roof rack or rtt - they are great.
No I have gotten zero response from either ARE, or LEER at this point. Only replies have been from the folks at Decked.

I will give the RSI a look, I’m planning a decked bed system, with a cap and roof rails for a rack to attach for longer trips as needed. I may end up with a cargo slide on the decked system if a cab high cap will give me the room I want. But not wanting to get a higher cap, so if I can’t get the space I need the cargo slide would go away.

really hoping that a lot of the stuff fits, but not getting enough info to say yet.

OP
OP
Bills

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A local dealer got a response from ARE and they are thinking it will be spring earliest that they will have something. I asked about the REVO model but it sounded like that was the ETA for any of their caps. If anyone gets different info please share.

OP
OP
Bills

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Decked now shows their system fitting the 2021 trucks, but there is a warning that it does not support the proposer onboard in the current configuration.
Sponsored