Sponsored

Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others?

Tecdiver

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill
Update to mine from my Ford "advocate":
"Granger Motors rust concern statement/conclusion

General Manager contacted are our Ford District Manager (Kristina Holland) concerning Mr. ________ concern. DM stated that visual rust on mechanical parts such as rear end housings, shocks, struts, brake calipers, etc. is considered normal and not a rust/corrosion warrantable concern.
Customer advised to reach out to dealer GM for sale resolution."

So, Ford is trying to pin this on Granger for accepting delivery of the vehicle with rust on it. They won't correct as a warranty item. The suggestion from Ford is that Granger needs to fix it, as they took delivery. In the alternative, they suggested that Granger provide me with a new vehicle and that I need to push the GM to accommodate my concerns.

Looks like I need to ping the FREEP reporter again.
:mad:
Watching....
Sponsored

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
Today went to the dealer met with Gen. Mgr. Mr. Marks at the dealership Metro Ford where I purchased the truck at the end of January. They put it on lift and took photos. They said they will file a report/claim with Ford and see what they say.

I also took plenty of photos and it is much worse then what I could see just looking under the truck on my driveway.

If they don't get me new truck I will see the dealer and Ford in court. Given the facts that the photos show and any expert would testify to that this existed before the truck was purchased we will move for attorney's fees, triple damages and punitive fees. It may take lots of time but I will not give up till I I am made whole.

The brake line and fuel line fittings are all corroded, virtually the entire exhaust is also rusted and corroded. Many, many components are either rusted or corroded or both. I have posted a few more photos you can get an idea of the extent of the issue.

I will seeking out a an attorney for a Class Action Law Suit as well, given this has happened to many new truck owners. I don't know how many but most likely enough to join in for class action. Anyone with rust and or corrosion on their brand new trucks reach out to me via e-mail ( [email protected] ) and I will start putting together a list of claimants. I suggest all owners look under their trucks and take photos and notes with the date the photos were taken.

Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? IMG_0015.JPG

Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? IMG_0017.JPG

Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? IMG_0019.JPG

Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? IMG_0021.JPG

Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? IMG_0029.JPG

Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? IMG_0035.JPG

Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? IMG_0043.JPG

Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? IMG_0047.JPG

Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? IMG_0049.JPG

Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? IMG_0051.JPG

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
I live in MI so I will get Ziebart undercoating and that will resolve the issue for me. For those that can’t live with it, stop stressing and see what Ziebart will charge you to do just the rear axle.
There are no Ziebart undercoating places in Florida as there is no need to undercoat here. Besides what is undercoating going to do if the truck is already rusted?

Sponsored

camattin

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost 4x4
We've seen the pictures of the rust & corrosion plenty of times... are there '21s out there that actually don't have any of these issues?

Bocephus

First Name
Bocephus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.3L
Occupation
Entertainer
There are no Ziebart undercoating places in Florida as there is no need to undercoat here. Besides what is undercoating going to do if the truck is already rusted?
Apparently there is a need.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
We've seen the pictures of the rust & corrosion plenty of times... are there '21s out there that actually don't have any of these issues?
Yes I have gone under many across 5 dealers, close to 40 new trucks. Less than a handful looked like a new truck. No consistency around what was in common for those 5 clean undercarriage, seems to be at random.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Wow. Your's is far worse than mine.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
There were a few posted on here that looked absolutely magnificent. I think that’s what makes it worse for the unlucky ones; there are clean ones out there and it’s total bs that the bad ones can’t get fixed or replaced so that everyone that’s willing to blow that amount of cash on a new truck gets a new truck.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Jesus Chirst so they just pretty much told you to kick rocks?? I’ve spent the last 24 years perfecting my anger management skills but with this kind of treatment I will surely be handing out pallets worth of cans of whoop ass. I hope I can still get on this forum from inside prison.
?

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
There were a few posted on here that looked absolutely magnificent. I think that’s what makes it worse for the unlucky ones; there are clean ones out there and it’s total bs that the bad ones can’t get fixed or replaced so that everyone that’s willing to blow that amount of cash on a new truck gets a new truck.
Yes, but I will not accept repaired... I did not buy a used truck that needs to be repaired. I will only accept a new truck with what options I want on it "Period".

Who would want the complete rear axil, entire exhaust system, welded brackets removed and rewelded, fuel lines and brake lines removed and replaced and hope they do that "right", after paying more than $60k for new truck... NO WAY. Ford / Dealer Buy this truck back from me, sell me a new one and then sell this POS as used junk truck. As I do want it. Look how deep the rust and corrosion is on these 2 photos... can you imagine how the parts look that you can not see. If this was caused by a chemical vapor or sitting in water the parts are toast and will not last. The safety issue on fuel and brake lines being weakened by this corrosion certainly can become a safety issue and I for one will not be driving this truck this way for long.

Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? IMG_0058 B

Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? IMG_0060.JPG

camattin

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost 4x4
I'm currently working with a dealer that's about 90 minutes away and I've asked for undercarriage pictures specifically for all this. And called out that if there's corrosion/pitting on the components I'll be passing this one over. We'll see what they say next.

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Apparently there is a need.
Rust and corrosion such as this will go away if simply covered with anything and may get worse. No undercoating is for when things are new, too late once the rust and corrosion get this far.

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Rust and corrosion such as this will go away if simply covered with anything and may get worse. No undercoating is for when things are new, too late once the rust and corrosion get this far.
I meant to say this will NOT go away if covered. I type too fast .
Sponsored