Sponsored

Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others?

blueovalguy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Has anyone actually not taken delivery over this? If so, what were the next steps, did they make it worth your while to take it?
Sponsored

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Lariat with Max tow package.

Was dropped off at the dealership yesterday, I went in this morning to specifically check on the rust issue.

I will not be taking delivery, this just screams run away.
Can we refuse delivery for something Ford is claiming to be cosmetic. Waiting on xlt max tow and seeing all the trucks on the local lots with rust is very disappointing. I pointed out a few trucks sitting with a window sticker over 92k cad with all the rust and was told its just cosmetic. ?

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Has anyone actually not taken delivery over this? If so, what were the next steps, did they make it worth your while to take it?
The problem is they will have no problem selling your truck to the next person that walks onto the lot. While the differential rust I can deal with, that exhaust rust looks like a real long term problem. What's the warranty on the frame?

blueovalguy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
The problem is they will have no problem selling your truck to the next person that walks onto the lot. While the differential rust I can deal with, that exhaust rust looks like a real long term problem. What's the warranty on the frame?
I agree 100% on the exhaust part. That is far from cosmetic and definitely a functional item. I wish Ford would just give everyone some cash and it goes away then lol

Sponsored

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Sad but true. There are some good dealers out there.
None that I know of but they do exist.
But the other 97% of them will either laugh in your face or just blow you off if you have Anything to say about Your New truck. But like I said, that other 3% will actually do what they can to help you out.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Post your pictures to ford trucks on Twitter. It's the only way to get any action
I don’t even have a social media account, but if people start @ing Mike Levine on Twitter, FB, and IG with “Refused delivery of a rust bucket” and pictures posted in this thread. It’d catch bigger media attention and be addressed in no time.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
This video showed up in my feed and thought it was interesting enough to share. It shows a four year old rusty axle. Still think this must be a northern thing. Walking around my Florida neighborhood and peeking under trucks, none of them look like this.

Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? 1615718927294

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
This is not a warranty issue, this is take the truck back or see them in court... what jurry would say that rust is ok on a new one and tell me to suck it up, none that I would sit on. I will get a new truck, legeal fees and penalities, but will have to fight for it over a long period of time as this is not a Lemon Law issue perse it is new defective product liability.

Sponsored

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
That said, if the dealer is smart and does not really bad reviews from me then they will buy the truck back, order me new one, sell this one as used with 1,2,00 miles and both parties will be made whole. Will they do that? That will be seen, as I take it in this week to the dealer i purchased from...note not my local dealer but one clear accross the county. Will post update as things transpire.

BigTex22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford F-150 King Ranch
The only way this stops is if those of you who haven’t received your trucks inspect and reject at delivery, if unacceptable rust is found. That will do one of two things: 1) if outright refusal, dealers will complain back to Ford until something is done, or 2) dealer will have to clean up the rust and make you whole, which is how I handled it when I purchased it. A BIG THANKS to this forum on this issue, or I wouldn’t have known when I purchased mine off the lot in early February.

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
This video showed up in my feed and thought it was interesting enough to share. It shows a four year old rusty axle. Still think this must be a northern thing. Walking around my Florida neighborhood and peeking under trucks, none of them look like this.

1615718927294.png

Yes after 4 years is one thing but brand new no way!

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
And the rust is just confined to the rear axel. Many other areas like exhaust, body mount, shocks, skid plates, front suspension, etc. are rusted

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
That said, if the dealer is smart and does not really bad reviews from me then they will buy the truck back, order me new one, sell this one as used with 1,2,00 miles and both parties will be made whole. Will they do that? That will be seen, as I take it in this week to the dealer i purchased from...note not my local dealer but one clear accross the county. Will post update as things transpire.
Y'all live in Florida. You could have dunked your truck in the salt water multiple times at a boat ramp already In that 1200 miles for all anyone knows. I used Salt Away every time I had my truck in salt water when I lived there for nearly 30 years. Stuff rusts near the ocean way faster than up north.
Sponsored