Rumor/Speculation: Stop Sale on Power Deployable Running Boards

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I just read about a possible stop sale for new F-150s on a Ford community page on Facebook.

The poster advised of a possible recall and stop sale on all 2021 Ford F-150s equipped with the power deployable running board option. The guy said he went to purchase a Platty off the lot, and the dealer was not allowed to sell it.

The dealer in question say a fix and/or part are not likely to be available until January.

Ford F-150 Rumor/Speculation: Stop Sale on Power Deployable Running Boards EF93AE51-7645-48F8-9A5E-DDEB46D71F66

For those of you with the power running board option, I feel your pain. The hits just seem to keep comin’...

I cannot officially confirm the recall at this point, but I’m sure some of you will have it figured out within minutes, and we’ll have more info and guidance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mcmayes

First Name
MItchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Military
Just heard a rumor about a safety recall on power running boards and a stop-sale on all trucks with them in place until mid-January. Has anyone else heard this and can verify? @currybob ?

ilkhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Escape Limted
I'd say Ford needs to stop shooting themselves in the foot, but the F-series *is* their profit, and the plant has been down for quite a while at this point, so may they should stop shooting themselves in the chest.

Empire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
*Ordered* 2021 F150 Lariat Sport - Carbonized Gray Powerboost / 2019 F150 Lariat Sport - Abyss Gray / 2018 F150 Lariat Sport - Ruby Red
Oh wow, I didn't even hear about this until I read this post! (had the weekend off from work so just got back in the office today). Looks like it's 100% confirmed as I just put my VIN into our Oasis system to check to see if my 2021 F150 has the recall with the boards, and yep sure as sh*t it does.

I've attached the official document about the recall.

Attachments

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Oh wow, I didn't even hear about this until I read this post! (had the weekend off from work so just got back in the office today). Looks like it's 100% confirmed as I just put my VIN into our Oasis system to check to see if my 2021 F150 has the recall with the boards, and yep sure as sh*t it does.

Interesting - but I'm sure a fix will happen very soon. I'm curious and would expect the test vehicles when through a cold chamber but hey crap happens even after testing. On my 2016, while in Michigan my backup senors + nav screen would act up when it was very cold (-10 + windchill) but once vehicle was warm everything function normally.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Well sh**!!

That may be why my truck has not shipped yet. I wonder if it's all deplorable running boards? They did extend them past the cab for 21 so they had to change something or vendor got some bad motors, who knows. 2020 hitting us again da*$%^&!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Empire

Can you check my VIN and see if it is listed? Looks like it includes some 2020 models.
1FTFW1ED1MFA02062

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Well sh**!!

That may be why my truck has not shipped yet. I wonder if it's all deplorable running boards? They did extend them past the cab for 21 so they had to change something or vendor got some bad motors, who knows. 2020 hitting us again da*$%^&!
I hear you Bob, fustrating! I'm hoping they will get to the bottom of it fast. If I were to guess - it's something to do with the electrial switches, relay etc.. Guess we in a wait & see. For those on this forum and close to a dealership that has a few on hand - maybe they can get with the service department and see the Ford's service bulletin fix solution when it comes out. Not helping us all sitting and waiting for our deliverly.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Well sh**!!

While I realize that "deplorable" was a typo here, I am gonna agree that these boards are in fact, deplorable!

Henryrlee

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F-150 platinum ordered 2004 F350 2021 plt exp
Occupation
Us army retired

This notice is for Canada is the United States included

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
While I realize that "deplorable" was a typo here, I am gonna agree that these boards are in fact, deplorable!
Not a typo. :sneaky: , well, guess that is what I was thinking and it just came through my fingers.

Jim Bandy
With it only happening in extreme cold, it makes me this the hinge could be jamming up somehow, causing resistance causing it to retract back up. Metal contracts when cold, doesn't say much for their cold testing of the vehicle does it.

I just hope they still ship to the dealers and let them fix it. Heck a washer may take care of the issue but it will have to be disassembled.

That way at least my dealer can get the spray in liner, the tires swapped and I can see it and take photo's and do unheard of things to the tail pipe (not really).

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 ordered, 2019 JLUR Rubicon
So I just got my window sticker and now this means another delay...? I think they just tell us to set them not to deploy until they get fixed and ship the damn things.

Mine is set to be built on 12/14 now, and I’m sure once I know it is sitting there built my ability to keep my head while waiting will evaporate.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
So I just got my window sticker and now this means another delay...? I think they just tell us to set them not to deploy until they get fixed and ship the damn things.

Mine is set to be built on 12/14 now, and I’m sure once I know it is sitting there built my ability to keep my head while waiting will evaporate.
I would bet they will have a fix before yours even gets built. That way yours would have the correction already on it.

congrats on the sticker and build date!!;)

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Is anyone tracking - have the stats on actual average time from placing an retail order to getting a VIN #?
Sponsored