• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rubber bed liner… Will the Lightning bed have the same exact footprint?

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I forgot to order a rubber bed liner with my Lightning, and I don‘t want to change anything on my order for fear it will screw something up.

So, I was wondering if the bed has the same footprint as the regular 5.5 bed?

I see a lot of nice liners out there, but I think Ford’s got a simple rubber liner for $165 that I could order, assuming I know it will fit.
Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Yes, there's no difference.

And, can just ping your dealer and ask for the adjustment. It's not an issue, especially since we're months away from builds.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Yes, there's no difference.

And, can just ping your dealer and ask for the adjustment. It's not an issue, especially since we're months away from builds.
That’s great news, but I‘m not risking them screwing it up.

My old F-150 had a BedRug… I LOVED it! Maybe I’ll order another one.

It’s like a carpet for your bed and it keeps things from moving around. It’s fully waterproof, so you can hose it off, plus it softens vibration sounds and it’s softer on your knees.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
That’s great news, but I‘m not risking them screwing it up.

My old F-150 had a BedRug… I LOVED it! Maybe I’ll order another one.

It’s like a carpet for your bed and it keeps things from moving around. It’s fully waterproof, so you can hose it off, plus it softens vibration sounds and it’s softer on your knees.
For any of those type of add ons, they can just as easily be done by the dealer. Buy the truck, get the Ford rewards point s, and use them to get the bed mat (or rug) for free!

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
For any of those type of add ons, they can just as easily be done by the dealer. Buy the truck, get the Ford rewards point s, and use them to get the bed mat (or rug) for free!
I don't think they sell BedRug, but if I go with the OEM Ford rubber bed mat, I'll play it safe and order it from the parts department so they don't mess up my order.

I think my fear is that I'm #2 right now on their list, and that if they change the order, the updated order could change the order date and my place in line. At #2, I could potentially get the first ones that arrive there.

Sponsored

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
I don't think they sell BedRug, but if I go with the OEM Ford rubber bed mat, I'll play it safe and order it from the parts department so they don't mess up my order.

I think my fear is that I'm #2 right now on their list, and that if they change the order, the updated order could change the order date and my place in line. At #2, I could potentially get the first ones that arrive there.
Ford does sell a similar bed mat, comparable to the bed rug. I installed on in my 21, I think it was about $220. It covers the bed and tailgate with mesh that covers the gap when the gate is down, keeps debris from falling in.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
I ordered no additional add-ons from the factory with mine as there is always a chance it can delay delivery.
I am going to get line-x sprayed in the bed myself (it is better quality than the factory stuff and better warranty) and get a tonneau cover myself as well (thinking of the BAK revolver x4s).
If you want a ford bed mat, just order one from the dealer after you get delivery as with the points you get from buying the vehicle, it would likely even be free.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
...If you want a ford bed mat, just order one from the dealer after you get delivery as with the points you get from buying the vehicle, it would likely even be free.
I've never used points, so I just decided to check my FordPass App to see what it's all about.

It said I earned 22,000 points when I bought my Mach-e in October, but then it deducted 22,000 points in December... captioned "Redeem for Maintenance Package", which is super strange. I have NEVER brought my Mach-e to the dealer for anything... so it looks like my dealer took my points for no reason whatsoever without me ever stopping in or asking for maintenance.

That's proof of another reason I try to avoid working with the dealer. Another big reason is that the only reason I'm currently driving the Mach-e is that my 2016 F-150 sat in their parking lot for over 4 months because it suddenly wouldn't start, and they had no idea how to fix it. I got tired of waiting so I traded it.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I've never used points, so I just decided to check my FordPass App to see what it's all about.

It said I earned 22,000 points when I bought my Mach-e in October, but then it deducted 22,000 points in December... captioned "Redeem for Maintenance Package", which is super strange. I have NEVER brought my Mach-e to the dealer for anything... so it looks like my dealer took my points for no reason whatsoever without me ever stopping in or asking for maintenance.

That's proof of another reason I try to avoid working with the dealer. Another big reason is that the only reason I'm currently driving the Mach-e is that my 2016 F-150 sat in their parking lot for over 4 months because it suddenly wouldn't start, and they had no idea how to fix it. I got tired of waiting so I traded it.
Did you buy the Extended Warranty from your dealer?

I'd suggest that you contact FordPass support via the app and ask what the deduction is for.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Did you buy the Extended Warranty from your dealer?

I'd suggest that you contact FordPass support via the app and ask what the deduction is for.
No, but in theory, if I did, you'd expect that to earn me more points, not use them.

I'm definitely going to follow up on this. I've never used points, but I'm sure I earned a bunch when I bought my last F-150 too and as it stands right now, I have zero.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
No, but in theory, if I did, you'd expect that to earn me more points, not use them.

I'm definitely going to follow up on this. I've never used points, but I'm sure I earned a bunch when I bought my last F-150 too and as it stands right now, I have zero.
Well, if you earned a bunch with your last purchased vehicle, and they are gone, you can easily log in and see how they were used, or if they expired (must add or subtract points within 365 days to keep them active, although that was extended during Covid). Perhaps they deducted them for your Mach-E purchase and you paid less?

You can use the points towards the extended warranty purchase.

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
It may have the same footprint and maybe not. I transferred the bed mat from my 2018 to the 21 and had to do a lot of trimming in the corners to get it to fit. I was surprised how different the shape was.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I'm in the same position, I quickly put my order in so I was ahead in line. I realized that I forgot the tailgate step and really would like the feature. However, my dealer said there was no option to add it now. Also, I'm afraid that I'll get knocked back in line. I guess I'll just need to climb in and out of the bed the old fashioned way.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I'm in the same position, I quickly put my order in so I was ahead in line. I realized that I forgot the tailgate step and really would like the feature. However, my dealer said there was no option to add it now. Also, I'm afraid that I'll get knocked back in line. I guess I'll just need to climb in and out of the bed the old fashioned way.
What trim level did you get? I believe the tailgate step was bundles into packages (most of them) and not available as stand alone.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
The whole process is driving me crazy. I wanted to order a bunch of other things that were in my last F-150, but I rushed through to make sure my order is in before they sell out.

It would be a lot easier if they sold more features a-la-carte too... I had to take the $9500 package to get just a couple of features because I saw no way to get them any other way and I simply didn't want to get involved with the dealer, so it could be part of one of the packages you picked too.

All things considered, I'm just glad I was able to actually ORDER mine. I know they're only making 15,000 or so the 1st year, so I'm feeling pretty good these days.

Counting down the days. I think they promised about 22 weeks, and that was 1 week ago... 21 left to go! :)
Sponsored