First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
So, I've been looking around at getting a bed mat. My 13 platinum had a spray in liner but got so many stains on it that when I sold it, it was looking rough. Was thinking of adding a bed mat OVER the spray in liner. Do people do this? Is the rough country bed mat good? Was also looking at the husky liner one too, any suggestions?
Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
So, I've been looking around at getting a bed mat. My 13 platinum had a spray in liner but got so many stains on it that when I sold it, it was looking rough. Was thinking of adding a bed mat OVER the spray in liner. Do people do this? Is the rough country bed mat good? Was also looking at the husky liner one too, any suggestions?
Following this because I was thinking of doing the same thing.

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
I'm definitely doing this. I'm going to do the Line-X liner but have also purchased a Black Armour mat for a number of reasons... 1) a bit more weight on the rear wheels (controversial, but like a bit more traction and that mat is like 100 lbs.), 2) gripper surface for less sliding and 3) something to dampen anything that falls and just generally to help keep the bed protected for longer.

That particular mat is apparently one of the best ones due to thickness, material (made from recycled tires) so the rubber is vulcanized, etc.

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
I'm definitely doing this. I'm going to do the Line-X liner but have also purchased a Black Armour mat for a number of reasons... 1) a bit more weight on the rear wheels (controversial, but like a bit more traction and that mat is like 100 lbs.), 2) gripper surface for less sliding and 3) something to dampen anything that falls and just generally to help keep the bed protected for longer.

That particular mat is apparently one of the best ones due to thickness, material (made from recycled tires) so the rubber is vulcanized, etc.
I'm absolutly going with the Black Armor Mat. Your spot (I'm the same also) on with the reasons.
Thanks guys, I guess I'm not the only one with the same idea! The black armour one is $250 it seems, is it just the thickness thats the main difference from the $100 Rough Country one? RC says its 3/8" thick, seems like a huge price difference just for 1/8" more.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Eco_Beast

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 3.5L EcoBoost
Occupation
Electrician / Graphic Designer
Black Armour one looks pretty good, I've seen the rough country one and its only 3/8 at the thickest parts, half of the mat is probably 1/8th. the BA one is 1/2" thick all over.

Last edited:

MN_Hockey_Fan

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09/14/21 F150, 10 Expedition
I'm going with a bedrug mat. I have one in my current truck with a plastic liner and will get a new one with the spray in liner. It really stops items from sliding around the bed and has cushion when you need to crawl around the bed. They are also breathable. Doesn't solve the added weight benefit. Mine still looks almost new after 6 years, very easy to clean it with soap and water.

https://bedrug.com/bedrug-classic-bed-mat/2021/ford/f-150 $163 for a mat for a spray in liner.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
I'm going with a bedrug mat. I have one in my current truck with a plastic liner and will get a new one with the spray in liner. It really stops items from sliding around the bed and has cushion when you need to crawl around the bed. They are also breathable. Doesn't solve the added weight benefit. Mine still looks almost new after 6 years, very easy to clean it with soap and water.

https://bedrug.com/bedrug-classic-bed-mat/2021/ford/f-150 $163 for a mat for a spray in liner.
I also have a bedrug that I've had for 8 years and I've used it hundreds of time when I haul stuff in the bed. It's very durable, light weight and stops items from sliding around. When I get my 2021, it'll go in it. Still looks new, just wash or sweep it off when it gets dirty.

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov

I also have a bedrug that I've had for 8 years and I've used it hundreds of time when I haul stuff in the bed. It's very durable, light weight and stops items from sliding around. When I get my 2021, it'll go in it. Still looks new, just wash or sweep it off when it gets dirty.
I’m assuming you would take this out hauling bulk mulch and rocks? I’m looking for something just to keep in.

Andyc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14 Shelby Raptor. 05 AEV Jeep TJ4.6 SC. 21 Lariat
Occupation
Business owner
What are peoples experience with the genuine Ford rubber bed tray.
Ford F-150 Rough Country Bed Mat 1613166050160
he

Sponsored

MN_Hockey_Fan

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09/14/21 F150, 10 Expedition
I’m assuming you would take this out hauling bulk mulch and rocks? I’m looking for something just to keep in.
Yes. I have removed it when hauling mulch and dirt. You wouldn’t have to though. Either way you are going to spend time hosing out the bed after with this. Assume you still would have to remove the rubber mat as well for mulch and dirt afterwards to clean up.

Captain Chaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 screw
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I bought the rough country bed mat while I wait to get it lined. I'll probably still use it after it's lined as well. I was surprised how good it is for the price. It's thick, and it's rubber, not some harder, plastic type stuff. I would definitely recommend it.

RLTW175

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 SCrew, STX 5.0
Occupation
Fire Starter/Meat Burner turned Sales Guy (but I still light fires)
Same experience as Captain Chaos. I have been using the RC bed mat for about two months, and have made a few long-distance trips at 70-80mph (with nothing in the bed). That mat has stayed put. Once I have the bed sprayed, that liner will go back in.

Squissh1

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hello all,

I have the Rough Country bed mat and it does the job! Good quality and durable.
Sponsored