Rough Country 3 IN Ford bolt-on arm lift kit [fitment for FX4]

Macarrra

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Does anyone have experience having fitted this kit on an FX4.

Considering ordering it, however there a little smallprint on the bottom which is offputting.

Quote from Rough Country page: "Trucks with FX4, Snow Prep, and other off-road packages that modify front strut assemblies will likely measure over 22in and will not work with this kit."

Seems strange that FX4 would be a limiting factor as so many trucks are ordered with this spec.

If anyone has fitted this it'd be great to hear from them as well as perhaps seeing a photo of the lifted truck.

Thanks and safe travels

Ford F-150 Rough Country 3 IN Ford bolt-on arm lift kit [fitment for FX4] 1616708051728
Sponsored

Visier

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Product Management
I haven't tried to install it, but when I was shopping around, the customs shop I spoke with said that this kit raises the truck in a similar way to what the FX4 package already does.

While it might fit, you would subtract the height which the FX4 kit already adds, making it an unattractive option regardless of whether it actually fits or not.

I know that's not exactly the answer you're looking for, but hopefully it helps.

OP
OP
Macarrra

Macarrra

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I haven't tried to install it, but when I was shopping around, the customs shop I spoke with said that this kit raises the truck in a similar way to what the FX4 package already does.

While it might fit, you would subtract the height which the FX4 kit already adds, making it an unattractive option regardless of whether it actually fits or not.

I know that's not exactly the answer you're looking for, but hopefully it helps.

Thanks

Quite strange

On this page a company in Pennsylvania appears to have used it succesfully, still researching https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/lead-foot-f-150-2021-club.315/page-4

Barkerman77

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150 XLT 302a 5.0 6.5' supercrew
Occupation
Millwright
I put that kit on my 19 fx4 no problem.

cscheut

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150; 16 Expedition; 91 Mustang LX; 72 Maverick
Occupation
CPA

Sponsored

Kevin2005LSU

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 2018 Jeep JL, 2019 Ford F250,
Went with the Fox 2.5 in the end
Do you know the part numbers of the kit you ordered? I see on Fox website that 2021 is not ready yet so guessing you fit your truck with 2020 kit which I think works fine.
Sponsored