Stealthmig

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
Afternoon All,

I'm new to the F-150 Forums. I was wondering if I could get your opinions on an issue I have with my Roll-n-Lock. I have been trying to clean/remove whatever this is on my bed cover. I have tried pressure washing it and waxing it. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Ford F-150 Roll-N-Lock Issue RollnLock1

Ford F-150 Roll-N-Lock Issue RollnLock3

Ford F-150 Roll-N-Lock Issue RollnLock2
Sponsored

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Ranger; 24 F-150 XL 4x4 RCSB ordered
Occupation
Retired USAF
It almost looks like the metal is oxidizing below the paint/powder-coating and is bleeding through. I first thought it was a burn, but there doesn't seem to be any surface damage. I'd call the manufacturer to see what they say.

OP
OP
Stealthmig

Stealthmig

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
Rinn69, Thanks going to email them to see what they think. I was thinking this forum I would like get a faster response. I also live in FL was its freakin' Hot all year long. Dadonthego, No kids

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Is it a new cover? This is a poor powder coating result and it looks similar to me.

"Fisheyes and Craters
Ford F-150 Roll-N-Lock Issue izedImage720513-Screen-Shot-2017-07-13-at-16.54.29

image credit: modeltech

Fisheyes are, essentially, the more severe version of craters. Whereas craters will look like small dips in the coating with a thin film still covering the substrate, fisheyes go all the way down – the coating has moved away entirely, leaving the substrate bared. Needless to say, it’s a very unattractive outcome.

A fair amount of the time, fisheyes are caused by contaminants like oil, silicone, or water; either in the powder itself, on the substrate, or contaminating both during application. Oil and silicone are particularly notorious for causing fisheyes. Now, some powders can handle contaminants better than others, so keep that in mind if you are looking to re-supply. Take care when applying high flow resins as they are more susceptible to developing fisheyes and craters."

I copied and pasted.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stealthmig

Stealthmig

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
Samson16, Unfortunately its not a new cover its about 2 years old now on the truck.

staying_tuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Is there a nest or perch above your normal parking areas? Looks like bird poop that has since been washed off but it was left long enough to erode the finish and start oxidizing the aluminum slats.
Sponsored