Sponsored

Roll-n-Lock A-series leaking….

TexAg08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Had my A-series for about a month now, and noticed last night during a pretty good rain (2.5 inches) that the standing water on the cover leaked/dripped through between the slats. Can also see droplets all along the rail inside the bed.

I bought the A-series since the truck is outside all the time and was worried about the M-series fading/cracking over time. Since the A-series doesn’t have a vinyl layer over top of it, is it inherent to leaking at the slat seams? Has anybody else had this issue?
Sponsored

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB - Antimatter Blue
I had the A series XT installed yesterday. Unfortunately, the dealer ordered and installed a cover for a 2020 F150 on my 21. I don't know yet if that is part of the problem, but I took my truck through the car wash today to test how water tight it is, and had there been anything in the bed it would have been wet. It leaks from the front, both sides, and the tailgate. There was standing water in the ribs on the bed floor. There were droplets on the underside of the cover too. It's possible that the slats do leak.

Ford F-150 Roll-n-Lock A-series leaking…. IMG_1441

Ford F-150 Roll-n-Lock A-series leaking…. IMG_1442

Ford F-150 Roll-n-Lock A-series leaking…. IMG_1443

OP
OP

TexAg08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Edit**
I can see how some of that probably could’ve come from around the edges. Surprising that it probabky leaked through the slats during the wash. I have pressure washed mine at home pretty heavily and never does it drip after that. Only after water has pooled and sat for some time. Also, never noticed any leaking on mine around the edges, except for the tailgate corners.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I had the A series XT installed yesterday. Unfortunately, the dealer ordered and installed a cover for a 2020 F150 on my 21. I don't know yet if that is part of the problem, but I took my truck through the car wash today to test how water tight it is, and had there been anything in the bed it would have been wet. It leaks from the front, both sides, and the tailgate. There was standing water in the ribs on the bed floor. There were droplets on the underside of the cover too. It's possible that the slats do leak.

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg
Hi there! Can you send us a private message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’ll look into this on my end. Thanks!
Sponsored