Rock chip protection ?

tewest86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 5.0
Occupation
Engineer
I've had my XLT sport for about 4 weeks now. Traded in a 2020 GMC Elevation for it. I love my sport. However, having body colored everything is a pain when trying to avoid rock chips on the front. Took my first trip and I already have a rock chip on the lower front fender. What are you guys doing to protect paint from chips? I checked on a clear bra but they want $1800 for that. I'm order a chip repair kit.

My truck color is Lead Foot.
Sponsored

SportySpace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 3.5
Options vary based on how much you would like to spend.

Cheapest would be just get a paint pen and touch them up as needed since rock chips are inevitable.

A step up from there would be getting a PPF (3M, XPEL, etc.) applied to your front end, or at least the susceptible areas.

Another option would be having a body-liner sprayed on. The shop Alberta Boys Custom up here in Alberta (https://albertaboyscustom.com) has a smooth, high gloss color matched option that looks exactly like paint. I'm sure there are shops in your area that offer similar services.

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
I've had my XLT sport for about 4 weeks now. Traded in a 2020 GMC Elevation for it. I love my sport. However, having body colored everything is a pain when trying to avoid rock chips on the front. Took my first trip and I already have a rock chip on the lower front fender. What are you guys doing to protect paint from chips? I checked on a clear bra but they want $1800 for that. I'm order a chip repair kit.

My truck color is Lead Foot.
This works like a champ to repair the chips.
https://drcolorchip.com/
Sponsored