Sponsored

Risk Management - Did you ever use your F150 Ford Extended warranty?

Did you ever actually use your Ford ESP plan? If so was it worth what you paid for it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
All warranties/insurance are for profit. If they aren't making profit overall, then what is the point?

That said, I generally get extended warranties for peace of mind. In 2000 I got a grand am and got the extended warranty. Years later my ABS would turn off after about 100 or so miles of driving (I didn't drive much so this could take weeks each time). I would take it in, they would reset and it would be fine. "Can't reproduce after reset".......kept going back and eventually they realized it was a bad hub sensor. Then the fun began. They brought in the guy to determine if it was worth Pontiac's time and money to fix the thing that should be covered under the extended warranty. I guess since it could be "fixed" by resetting it, the adjuster figured it was ok. He even said "I took it on a 12 mile drive. I don't see the issue." I even said "You have to drive at least 100 before it happens again".

"Well I'm not doing that". bean counters..amirite?

I had a great service department and they fought for me and eventually they got it replaced under warranty. First off, the amount of money it would have cost just to have them check and clear the codes would have paid for the extended warranty. Even to this day if I take my pontiac solstice in to look at something they will say "Oh that's $150 just to connect it to the computer" (Yes, even if I tell them the codes it's throwing!)

I know my story sounds like a "it's not worth it because of the hassle", but to me it was. Every time I took it in, they gave me a car to drive and took care of me (I didn't have the rental option, but like I said, I had a great service dept back then). I have no idea what the cost to replace that sensor would have been ,but since they had to bring an adjuster in to determine if they should replace it, I gather it was not cheap.

I got the extended for my Solstice and never used it. Same with my '17 F150. But with all the electronics in them I think ti's worth the gamble.

And if I sell it before it kicks in, they prorate you back what you haven't used (I did this on my '17)
Sponsored

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
Think of Ford as the house in Vegas. In the long run the house always wins. That being said, I’ll get the ESP just to limit my downside loss potential.

Demps

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Thats what I figured so i got the 7 year 48K $0 ded + LED light coverage for $910... I will probably never get to 48K at 5 K driving a year being retired.
Thought I’d have a low mileage truck when I retired. Have 24,000 miles in a year and half.

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat V8
Occupation
Happily Retired - USMÇ
LOL... My mileage is not a guess but based on 24 years of retirement and have a MC also and a wife with a new 21 Bronco who Loves to drive it!!! LOL
Sponsored