OP

Bigwillokc

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 502A
what do the back off plates do for you when used in conjunction with the sound matting? Is the plate redundant at that point?

I feel like the block off plates are still a very good idea. They cover the hole and pretty much seal up the door as a solid enclosure for the speaker. The sound matting over a hole that size would still move and wouldn't be as tight of an enclosure. Not to mention it will most likely end up getting punctured. It was a lot of extra work but loving the whole setup. Even with no music playing the truck is SO MUCH quieter. You can really feel the difference just opening and closing the doors of how tight and solid they feel compared to before. I highly recommend the block off plates/sound dampening even without a stereo upgrade (but since you will already have it all torn apart, why not?) haha
Sponsored

F150Flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Tahoe LT, 2021 PB Lariat
Nice work! I ended up getting the PB, love the truck except for one annoying high pitched sound coming from the driver side speakers (from what I can tell, dealer claims to not hear anything) Curious if you had that sound before the overhaul? Could be a PB thing. Would do about anything to get it resolved. Thanks for the reply in advance!

OP
OP

Bigwillokc

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 502A
Nice work! I ended up getting the PB, love the truck except for one annoying high pitched sound coming from the driver side speakers (from what I can tell, dealer claims to not hear anything) Curious if you had that sound before the overhaul? Could be a PB thing. Would do about anything to get it resolved. Thanks for the reply in advance!

I did not have any high pitched sounds coming from them. It just sounded muffled and not clear to me and the low end was lacking

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
what stock system did you have New system looks badd ass !!

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
I got the unleashed on my F150 and needed some bass and @SoundsGoodStereo hooked me up with a system to add a sub and amp to the factory system made a big difference.
It slams now real happy with the outcome 🎵 💣🔊

Ford F-150 Ripped out the B&O System and Upgraded (Sony/JL Audio Custom Stereo Install)! 1686013385901

Sponsored

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone remember where on the sync4 you picked up the 12 volt trigger? Or was one already in the wire loom going back to the original Unleashed amps? After a visit to my dealer for unrelated issues I no longer have 12v trigger power up my JL amps. Could the 12v trigger be on a separate fuse? Maybe he pulled a fuse.
Doing a diagnostic it always shows front speaker error. They got replaced with jl audio speakers. FORD is whining about it. Forgot to tell the tech so I wonder if he tried to fix it.
Sponsored