Sponsored

Revolver XS corner cap broken

gfl22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
A good news, bad news problem. I picked up a brand new Revolver tonneau from a guy on CL, however unboxing it, found a broken rear plastic corner cap, and am suspecting it'll be a PIA to get a replacement from BAK. Do not even see it on their site as a part i can buy.

Looking at the other thats still intact , it seems pretty flimsy too, and am pondering just gluing them both on.

Any suggestions on what would be best to accomplish this? I'm thinking RVT , or maybe epoxy , Shoe Goo .. fwiw, there is not a lot of metal on the bedcover "frame" to glue/attach to, so i may end up gluing directly to the vinyl cover itself as well.
Sponsored

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
I recall reading somewhere a while back that they are aware of this issue and are working on a new design. That having been said, I wouldn't do anything too permanent as you will likely be able to replace them with the new parts once they come out. Did the seller provide you with the original receipt by any chance? If so, you may even be able to get them under the 5 year warranty.

Last edited:
OP
OP

gfl22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
i could probably talk him into emailing a receipt.. he seemed like a nice guy. Just hoping to avoid having to ask.

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe try reaching out to BAK first with pictures and see if they can send you replacements.

Gooner5643

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat 5.0, e92 m3 6mt
Give bak a call. I had the same issue although bought mine new from Amazon and registered the warranty through their website. They sent me two sets even though I only need one. I’m sure they will sell you two pieces without a receipt, can’t be that expensive.

Sponsored

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
As mentioned - Call BAK, they provided tremendous support with my nit-picky issue, never asked for receipt.

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ironically, I installed mine yesterday and one of the corners had a piece brake off during shipping and the other completely fell off when I was unrolling the cover. I have an email out to Bak Industries support and have heard good things about their customer service.
Ford F-150 Revolver XS corner cap broken 20230326_205414

Ford F-150 Revolver XS corner cap broken 20230326_205430

Moe7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
Can't remember what information I had to provide, but they sent me 2 sets of caps without any questions when I mentioned one was cracked.

I don't think they'll give you much trouble without proof of purchase.

OP
OP

gfl22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Feels like i got lucky, gal at BAK is sending me some replacements since they aren't available for purchase yet.. thanks for the replies

I'm still likely to go with some sort of adhesive on the replacement, leaning toward some double sided tape, they just feel a little loose, and i don't want to lose one in a car wash or something.

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Mine came with a broken one as well. I used some 3M double sided tape on it and the non-broken one and they've held solid since.

Sponsored

BIGWORM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Raptor 35
Hey guys. I ran into the caps popping off too. I found a quick and easy fix. On the backside of that trim cap, there is a POST. That post goes through a hole where it snaps into place. My passenger side keep popping off when rolling mine up. So what I did was this.

Go find some plastic dry wall anchors. I had many in my junk draw in the garage. I found some that are the same circumference as the plastic post on the trim cap. I cut the heads off the top of the drywall anchor and used them as a lock washer by pushing them over the plastic post on the trim piece that goes through the stationary mount. I did add a single drop of super glue to the washer I made. Now that trim piece is NOT coming off. BAK is sending me 4 new ones so I figured I would try this. So far so good. Mine do NOT pop off anymore.

I would post a pic of this installed so you can see what I did, but the wife stole the raptor today!

So here is what you do. Find plastic drywall anchor same circumference as the post. Cut the top part off. With your trim pieces installed, roll up your cover so you can see the backside of the trim cap. You will see the U shaped pressure arms that hold it down. And you will see a POST as well. Take the end piece of the drywall anchor you just cut off and tightly slide that over the post with a small single drop of super glue. No more trim parts falling off!
Ford F-150 Revolver XS corner cap broken std-anchor

Last edited:
OP
OP

gfl22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
nice, someone that did 3d printing and had free time, could make something like that , that goes around the pin and goes up into the clip to hold it all steady, could sell it to BAK.

that said, i went with 3m double sided tape on the new corners, has held up so far

Silverado333

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 1500 Denali
Occupation
Retired
Hi! First time poster here. I actually own a 2023 GMC Denali, but Google searched about the BAK Revolver X4S Cover, and found this Forum.

I bought the BAK Revolver and a Bed Rug for the truck and loved them both. Well, until a few weeks after installation. As mentioned here, I was upset to find the passenger side cap was loose, then upon inspecting, it came off in my hand.

Unlike some here, I gorilla glued the cap, this lasted only a few days. After trying this strategy several times, I finally called "AutoAccessoriesGarage.com., where I purchased the cover.

They took my purchase info, they even mentioned this was a recurring problem with that cover! They contacted Bak for me, and it took a while, but I finally received the replacement cap and retainer in the mail. Can't say for sure if this new cap will be any more reliable, we'll see.

It's obviously a cheap design and I have no doubt it will be redesigned in their next version of this cover. Had I known of this issue previously I would not have purchased this particular cover.

BUDXR7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT 302A PB SCREW 4X4
For those who have had this cover thru the winter, does your side rail fill with water and freeze? My brand new one does. You can not open it when this happens. Solid ice. Period. I see no defect or flaw in the gaskets that would allow this. I conclude it’s poor design.

I’ve had a couple bak flips in the past and an extang sold fold 2.0 and not had this problem. The bak flip would freeze to the tail gate but not in the side rails. The extang had no side rails, simple design, and had no freezing issues - I actually like it a lot but it is about 1.5” tall so not as sleek looking.

Any other experience with the X4S freezing?
Sponsored