Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Please let us know what is at the Dallas event. I am going down Saturday.

For those that have been to the events. Do they log you into the system, ask you to sign up for anything marketing. Trying to do what I can to get one of those incentives!
I signed up for the Dallas test drive event (which it turns out I cannot attend now, it seems) on the 27th of September. My incentive mailer came about 2 weeks later. Did you sign up for communication with Ford when you registered for the event?
Sponsored

Reactions: Dut

Coreytime

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I signed up for the Dallas test drive event (which it turns out I cannot attend now, it seems) on the 27th of September. My incentive mailer came about 2 weeks later. Did you sign up for communication with Ford when you registered for the event?
yes i signed up myself and my wife.... and still nothing. I so hope I receive something!

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Ford must not have one built yet bc I have searched everywhere on the internet and can not find it. I’m talking about the non-sport black only lariat interior. Which I would think would be popular.

Any pics you can grab of a Lariat interior would be great. If they have a Lariat Sport, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE grab some photos!

Pipe

First Name
Jj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Explorer
Camera inside rear break light focused on the bed so you can see your load while driving.
This is interesting. Wonder what trim or feature its part of? Might need the 360 camera to get it?

Dadnovi

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Fiesta ST, 2018 BMW M235, 2018 BMW X1, 2017 Toyota Tacoma 4X4
Occupation
IT Professional
I agree with you about the location. Ford should have done some demographic analysis of that locale before selecting it. I realize they have to try and centralize the location as much as possible, but....

My timeslot at Lenox Mall was 4:30. The entire place was a jam-packed bumper-to-bumper shit show by the time I arrived. I saw someone else in the demo vehicle inching through the traffic, and was like "NOPE". So, I left.

THANK YOU for posting the info. I was really hoping to see the Lead Foot color in person, but your photos are good!

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Based on what I am seeing with these events, if Ford says the event is Wed and Thurs, check with your largest local dealers to see if they are going to be on their lots for a private event before or after. I think the marketing team is doing public and dealer invite events in the same/area cities.

MileHiGuy

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3500 Ram CTD Mega Cap
Occupation
Contractor
If anyone could ask an engineer this question as I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere:

That is, what is the weight difference between the Power Boost truck and the same optioned truck with just the 3.5 EB? Looking at GVW's, it appears to add around 550 lbs which is significant.

Thank you in advance!!

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
There’s several reasons why they chose Lenox Square which is right in the middle of Buckhead.

Plenty of money in that area, high pedestrian traffic which means plenty of eyeballs walking and driving albeit not very fast with stop and go traffic, and the closest Ford dealer to Buckhead is north on Peachtree in Chamblee.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
This is interesting. Wonder what trim or feature its part of? Might need the 360 camera to get it?
I'm pretty sure that is the case.

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
CurryBob,

Yes!! Keep us posted with your line worker friend and info...
I'm an Assembler in Chicago for the Explorer and love working and building for Ford so excited for my 2021 5.0 XLT in Leadfoot
Currently driving a leftover 2019 Raptor I bought new last week after I got a Dealership to pay me a crazy number for my 2020 C8 Corvette plus give me cash back on my end... waiting hopefully only a few more months to trade Raptor In for a regular working man's truck again with every bell and whistle the XLT offers.

1 last question for you all....

How many of you are upgrading your wheels/tires? Every FX4 pkg truck just has tires that look like peach cutters nothing really aggressive that sticks out at me dispose stepping up to a bigger 20 inch tire
I see a set of 275/60/20 BFG K02 in my near future ASAP on delivery day

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
CurryBob,

I'm an Assembler in Chicago for the Explorer and love working and building for Ford so excited for my 2021 5.0 XLT in Leadfoot
Currently driving a leftover 2019 Raptor I bought new last week after I got a Dealership to pay me a crazy number for my 2020 C8 Corvette plus give me cash back on my end... waiting hopefully only a few more months to trade Raptor In for a regular working man's truck again with every bell and whistle the XLT offers.

How many of you are upgrading your wheels/tires? Every FX4 pkg truck just has tires that look like peach cutters nothing really aggressive that sticks out at me dispose stepping up to a bigger 20 inch tire
I will certainly do that!

I do a swap with a tire dealer friend of mine the day my truck comes in. I don't off road, just pull my bass boat and run around town and stuff. I like the Michelin's, so they give my credit for mine and I pay a little extra.

Then it will go Line-X for the spray-in.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
CurryBob,

Planning to level the truck and get 34’s on there like I did for my 2018 platinum diesel...

Ford F-150 Review & answers from test drive event for 2021 F-150 DA66F604-E4DC-4B6F-9CF2-6B99721CC079

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
CurryBob,

I'm jealous love Line-X
Called my local dealership and since I'm ordering the "Retractable " Tonneau cover I'd have to take it off before they would install. Didn't feeling like going though all that in the middle of winter so I was a sucker and ordered factory spray in so its all done for me...
Curious what the Retractable cover looks like as nothing has been shown besides what's in the accessories booklet from previous year...

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If anyone could ask an engineer this question as I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere:

That is, what is the weight difference between the Power Boost truck and the same optioned truck with just the 3.5 EB? Looking at GVW's, it appears to add around 550 lbs which is significant.

Thank you in advance!!
By my calculations, the weight difference would be 570lbs, so your right on the money. As more and more folks post door stickers, I think we could narrow that number down. Ford should be close to releasing the update/full config tool soon. If they have been producing trucks at the Michigan plant, they are close to being ready for Job 1 and retail sales deliveries.

MileHiGuy

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3500 Ram CTD Mega Cap
Occupation
Contractor
@08RuviconLJ
Thanks for the reply. Pretty significant weight adder. I want the truck to be tow able behind the RV and maybe this option does not make the most sense.

I am assuming the only charging of the battery if from regenerative breaking so optimizing the battery potential from the daily commute could be hit or miss verses plugging it in each night and utilizing as much as you can daily.
Sponsored