First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
When I keep my Blue-Ox Sway pro in my hitch receiver, my reverse sensors will get triggered and even perform emergency breaking when in I reverse. I know I can turn them off on the reverse camera screen, but I would prefer not to have to do that every time I drive. Is there a way to calibrate the reverse sensors so they don't active with my hitch? Or does Ford expect us to remove our heavy hitch every time were not using it.?
Sponsored

tbone-CO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Scab XLT Leadfoot
Occupation
button pusher
Same thing happens with my bike on a hitch rack. Really annoying.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
I don't think there is any way you can have it both ways. You can't have the sensors work the way they should when they are being blocked by add on stuff

OP
OP

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
I don't think there is any way you can have it both ways. You can't have the sensors work the way they should when they are being blocked by add on stuff
That's the thing, the hitch is not even close to covering a sensor.

Ford F-150 Reverse sensors triggered while weight distribution hitch installed A029C000-9C0B-42CD-9E5C-2C4D75D38E7F

Sponsored

sbreech

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 STX, Lead Foot Grey
Occupation
Systems Administrator
When I had my Mini, I did not want to drill the front bumper for a license plate bracket, so I bought a bracket from Cravenspeed that made a bracket from the front tow hook threads. The problem was, the bracket was in front of one of those small sensors. Cravenspeed had a solution that bites that sensor and did a great job, not interfering with the system or the other sensors. I stacked 3 of their thin medium density foam button stickers over the one sensor until the radar wave was slowed down enough that it didn’t think something was close to that sensor. You may want to contact them and have them sell you 2 or 3 and give it a try. https://www.cravenspeed.com/the-platypus-license-plate-mount-for-2016-2021-mini-clubman/

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Does pressing the button to kill the parking sensor also disable the reverse braking assist?

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/what-is-this-button.1898/

It can't be too heavy for some crackhead to steal and sell to the scrap yard and buy a couple rocks. Also, some jurisdictions will issue tickets for obstructed plates if the hitch is installed without a trailer.

Save your shins and take it off, you will totally forget about it at some point when you are walking around the truck and it's pretty painful.
Sponsored