Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Hey Guys,
Has anyone had issues with leaving reverse braking assist on while trying to back into the garage? When my truck finally arrives I will have to back into my garage and was wondering if the truck would try to prevent me from backing roughly 6 inches from the wall?
Sponsored

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
Hey Guys,
Has anyone had issues with leaving reverse braking assist on while trying to back into the garage? When my truck finally arrives I will have to back into my garage and was wondering if the truck would try to prevent me from backing roughly 6 inches from the wall?
I have not done that exact thing, but I don't think it will be a problem. You'll be moving slowly & probably covering the brakes when you get close. It will just chime away at you. I did have a surprise backing into a spot in a parking lot where someone left a cup on the curb, and braking assist must have thought it was a metal pole or something and slammed on the brakes as I intended to leave the bumber another foot past the curb edge. That was my introduction to parking assist Lol

KGB81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
I have this exact scenario. I park about 4-6 inches from my rear garage wall. If you go slow and cover the brake it just beeps/tones at you. It has glitched a few times when ive gone a bit faster and it applies the brakes because it thinks im going to nail the wall even though im well way from it. Scares the shit outta me each time. Lol

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
I have this exact scenario. I park about 4-6 inches from my rear garage wall. If you go slow and cover the brake it just beeps/tones at you. It has glitched a few times when ive gone a bit faster and it applies the brakes because it thinks im going to nail the wall even though im well way from it. Scares the shit outta me each time. Lol
Haha good to know. Thank you!

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Scared is good! It makes you pay attention and not get complacent!

Sponsored

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
I regularly back into a parking spot with a concrete wall in back. Have never had ti do anything other than beep at me. My wife's new Volvo applies an aggressive brake when backing into a parking spot that makes you think you hit something. Scares the XXX out of me!

KGB81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
I tried turning off the rear braking but then whenever you put it in reverse, it beeps from the instrument cluster. So I turned it back on as that was the less annoying option.
Sponsored