Retrofit power tailgate?

BigBluegen14

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
I got the xlt with the truck release/lowering option but can't, for the life of me, understand why Ford didn't put the raise and lower as ONE option. Seems like they nickled and dimed each option which I get, but to split an option in two is cheap.

There's also an amount of upselling involved. They want you to move up to a Lariat not just spend a few hundred more $$ on an XLT

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
There's also an amount of upselling involved. They want you to move up to a Lariat not just spend a few hundred more $$ on an XLT
Well 50k is a lot of money. It’s getting outrageous how much they’re asking and that is the lower prices

BigBluegen14

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
Well 50k is a lot of money. It’s getting outrageous how much they’re asking and that is the lower prices
I completely agree, but all car companies do similar things so I can't necessarily fault Ford on it.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Like Pioneer74 states, it is a shock that lowers the tailgate. I installed a ZEEDEE on my 2011 just so it didn't drop hard when opened. I know in the 2015's the factory shock mount is in the fender behind the right rear taillight.
Sponsored