Sponsored

t-bone82

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 2.7EB XLT Sport
Have you had issues with water leaking into bed with retrax? I had one on my 2015 that I eventually got rid of because I couldn't keep the bed dry after trying all sorts of adjustments, weather stripping and even some silicone....was very disappointed with such an expensive cover. Went with vinyl trifold after and haven't had a drop of water in the bed. I only ask because I'm looking at getting and 150, and was wondering if the retrax has gotten any better in the last 6 years. Thanks!
Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Have you had issues with water leaking into bed with retrax? I had one on my 2015 that I eventually got rid of because I couldn't keep the bed dry after trying all sorts of adjustments, weather stripping and even some silicone....was very disappointed with such an expensive cover. Went with vinyl trifold after and haven't had a drop of water in the bed. I only ask because I'm looking at getting and 150, and was wondering if the retrax has gotten any better in the last 6 years. Thanks!
I've had no probs with mine. I posted a recommend install procedure I use to clamp down to rails before clamping down with factory clamps. I'll see if I can find it or just do a search.

Hullguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
it's the Yakima tonneau cover kit. Comes with feet and bars specifically for T Slot tonneau covers. And then the Yakima HighRoad bike carriers. I positioned them as far forward as possible so that the tires are just shy of the cab. And the cross bars are the minimal distance allowed by the manual. That gets them out of the way of the bed access. My tonneau is actually the Pace Edwards Ultragroove picked up for $2100 at Real Truck (they'll give you a discount if you DM on the other forum).

1630642164269.jpeg

1630642202617.jpeg
Love the idea about the minimal spacing on the cross bars!
Sponsored