First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
Installed the new Retrax Pro XR on my 2021 F-150 Lariat with short bed this week. Installation was straight forward and took two of us about hour & half or so and we were not trying for speed records. Note bed has factory spray in liner and that did not appear to be an issue at all.

The drivers side plastic plug that holds one of two drain tubes did not fit as tight as the passenger side, but it should be ok. I will keep an eye on it. I am in Miami, FL and we are in the dry season so have not had much rain yet to check on any water getting in but will report such once it rains hard enough to know either way. I have not yet put on the tailgate weather seal I ordered but will try to do that today. As far as noise goes, I don't hear a thing, no rattle, no vibrations, etc. Fit is perfect and easily slides open/closed and locks virtually in any position which I really like about this brand/model among its other capabilities.

Last but not least, the Retrax looks very nice on my new truck too, it certainly does not take away anything in how the truck looks. I also like the matt black finish vs. a glossy finish. Additionally, it comes with a Retrax factory lifetime warranty. This model has the T slot track just in case in the future I would add any additional racks, which I am not at this time but a good option to have.

Now for how the order/purchase process went. I ordered from AutoAnyting.com. Seemed like most sellers were selling at the same discounted price but AutoAnything.com had a price match guarantee for one year. That made sense to me, therefore I ordered it from them.

The next day after ordering I received an email from "AutoAccessoriesGarage.com" with a slightly lower price. They saw that I left one in their "Shopping Cart" but not place the order, so they enticed me with a new lower price of less than $100. I was not concerned even though I had placed the order with AutoAnything.com the day before. So, I emailed AutoAnyting with a copy of the email and special price shown and after multiple emails from me they finally got back to me saying they would NOT price match as it was not an "advertised price". That I could return it when it arrives for 20% restocking fee "WOW"! Well that level of customer service is simply unacceptable and will not be ordering anything from them or recommending them in the future. IMHO they should have honored their price match guarantee which would have only saved me $92.89, this would have included the difference in tax too. It was not game changer but for that amount of savings it was worth sending the info. So, beware that AutoAnything.com does NOT honor their price match even when lower price come in from their competition in writing.
Overall,
Ford F-150 Retrax ProXR bed cover IMG_5482.JPG
Ford F-150 Retrax ProXR bed cover IMG_5483.JPG
Ford F-150 Retrax ProXR bed cover IMG_5484.JPG
Ford F-150 Retrax ProXR bed cover IMG_5485.JPG
I am very happy with Retrax Pro XR and would expect it to give me many years of service. I have posted a few photos of it closed on my truck.
Sponsored

bobstar

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Installed the new Retrax Pro XR on my 2021 F-150 Lariat with short bed this week. Installation was straight forward and took two of us about hour & half or so and we were not trying for speed records. Note bed has factory spray in liner and that did not appear to be an issue at all.

The drivers side plastic plug that holds one of two drain tubes did not fit as tight as the passenger side, but it should be ok. I will keep an eye on it. I am in Miami, FL and we are in the dry season so have not had much rain yet to check on any water getting in but will report such once it rains hard enough to know either way. I have not yet put on the tailgate weather seal I ordered but will try to do that today. As far as noise goes, I don't hear a thing, no rattle, no vibrations, etc. Fit is perfect and easily slides open/closed and locks virtually in any position which I really like about this brand/model among its other capabilities.

Last but not least, the Retrax looks very nice on my new truck too, it certainly does not take away anything in how the truck looks. I also like the matt black finish vs. a glossy finish. Additionally, it comes with a Retrax factory lifetime warranty. This model has the T slot track just in case in the future I would add any additional racks, which I am not at this time but a good option to have.

Now for how the order/purchase process went. I ordered from AutoAnyting.com. Seemed like most sellers were selling at the same discounted price but AutoAnything.com had a price match guarantee for one year. That made sense to me, therefore I ordered it from them.

The next day after ordering I received an email from "AutoAccessoriesGarage.com" with a slightly lower price. They saw that I left one in their "Shopping Cart" but not place the order, so they enticed me with a new lower price of less than $100. I was not concerned even though I had placed the order with AutoAnything.com the day before. So, I emailed AutoAnyting with a copy of the email and special price shown and after multiple emails from me they finally got back to me saying they would NOT price match as it was not an "advertised price". That I could return it when it arrives for 20% restocking fee "WOW"! Well that level of customer service is simply unacceptable and will not be ordering anything from them or recommending them in the future. IMHO they should have honored their price match guarantee which would have only saved me $92.89, this would have included the difference in tax too. It was not game changer but for that amount of savings it was worth sending the info. So, beware that AutoAnything.com does NOT honor their price match even when lower price come in from their competition in writing.
Overall,
IMG_5482.JPG
IMG_5483.JPG
IMG_5484.JPG
IMG_5485.JPG
I am very happy with Retrax Pro XR and would expect it to give me many years of service. I have posted a few photos of it closed on my truck.
Thanks for the great pictures, I am thinking of the same cover, I have the exact same truck on order with a 6.5 bed, Have a Great Day!

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Supercrew 4x4 XLT Sport Powerboost
Occupation
Energy
Bakflip Revolver X2 from the 2016 XLT SCREW 6.5ft to 2021 XLT SCREW 6.5ft.
2016 3.5 EB, 2021 Powerboost

Ford F-150 Retrax ProXR bed cover 50426FDA-C992-46B9-BC67-ECDFC1351836

Ford F-150 Retrax ProXR bed cover D2F2E103-2DDB-48B6-B64C-C2997DD2EA67

Ford F-150 Retrax ProXR bed cover AD434337-92A3-4008-95AD-E00CE9EFEF7C

Ford F-150 Retrax ProXR bed cover 17E11669-1FA8-430D-8E62-BE2A87BD0C83

Reactions: Dan

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Looks great Cowboy - I have my Retrax on the way. Pay a little more than other brands but others cannot beat Retrax realiability and waranty. Mine is also Matte finish. I like matte and that it is scratch resistance + UV.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
If ordered with the truck is $1895, though it looked like the Retrax with the t-slot, And the keys looks exactly the same... I will look at the manual that came with it and report back on brand if known.
In looking into this, I am pretty certain that the Ford Retractable Bed Cover is actually the Retrax MX Pro. Its crazy but I have found 4 different prices, depending on how you purchase this:

1) The Ford Build & Price configurator has this a couple of hundred dollars less than that, at $1,695:
Ford F-150 Retrax ProXR bed cover 1613916072911

https://shop.ford.com/build/f150/#/select/

2) If you are able to take advantage of the X-Plan, the B&P has it for about 10% less than that.

3) If you buy it separately, via accessories.for.com, it costs a good deal more, at $2,099:
Ford F-150 Retrax ProXR bed cover 1613916233361

https://accessories.ford.com/vehicles/f-150/2020/bed-products.html

4) Or you can buy the RetraxPro MX (not Ford badged) directly from Retrax or on Amazon for $1,829:
https://retrax.com/retraxpro-mx/2021/ford/f-150
https://www.amazon.com/RetraxPRO-Retractable-Truck-Tonneau-80373/dp/B00SNMNK1I

I was able to order it as part of the B&P with X-Plan, as this was the cheapest option. It has been among the several parts shortages which have caused delays, but hopefully it will be worth it!

Sponsored

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
I went from Memory the $1895 should have been $1695. If it is the Retrax it that came from the factory it is the Retrax Pro XR. For those that are leasing and don't want to move the cover to the next truck it can only be residualized if purchased from Ford.

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
I went from Memory the $1895 should have been $1695. If it is the Retrax it that came from the factory it is the Retrax Pro XR. For those that are leasing and don't want to move the cover to the next truck it can only be residualized if purchased from Ford.
I bought my Retrax Pro XR from TonneauFactoryOutlet. It was $1699.00 out the door (free shipping). Ships direct from factory in around 3 weeks.

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Ford F-150 Retrax ProXR bed cover 20210220_170825
Ford F-150 Retrax ProXR bed cover 20210219_173219

I found this Retrax Craigslist/Facebook market place for $300. I need to get a few parts but it cleaned up nice. My brother has the pro and its a different finish on it. Its a matte finish. Anyone know if they changed the finishes or are all the pros like that? His is in the background of the first photo.

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
For anyone who has experience with RetraxPro XR on current or previous vehicle...any rattle or other noise while just driving around?
Yes the leak, the drain Hoses for sure. I have seen some guys poke a hole in the black drain plugs on the front side of the bed. They actually run the hoses out of the bed. I have gad a backflip with almost no leaking.

Ford F-150 Retrax ProXR bed cover 16139221024704203370117331428356

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Yes the leak, the drain Hoses for sure. I have seen some guys poke a hole in the black drain plugs on the front side of the bed. They actually run the hoses out of the bed. I have gad a backflip with almost no leaking.

16139221024704203370117331428356.jpg
Trying to decide how to respond to this post......

Sponsored

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Trying to decide how to respond to this post......
I didn't poke the hole in the plastic and run the drain plug out of the bed. I was just showing the drain hose for those not familiar with the Retrax

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
Are you sure that is the Retrax Pro and not a Retrax One. The Retrax One is a polycarbonate were the Retrax Pro is Al, in addition the Pro slots are about 2 inch where the One looks similar to yours. The Retrax One is listed at $1299. The MX designates the flat finish, the shiny finish is no longer available in either the Retrax Pro or Retrax One.

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
Looks great Cowboy - I have my Retrax on the way. Pay a little more than other brands but others cannot beat Retrax realiability and waranty. Mine is also Matte finish. I like matte and that it is scratch resistance + UV.
Yes, I think that finish is tough, otherwise factory would not warranty for life. Interesting thing I learned today while changing the battery on our home generator. The sides of this diesel gen/set come off and use the same exact lock as the Retrax does... I did not try the key but it did make me smile. The gen/set has been at the house since 1996, does not have a cover and all 4 still work fine, so the lock is quality lock too.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I have owned Retrax covers since putting one on a 2006 F-250 with an 8' bed. I have had seven total, various models including electric retracting, on a 2007 Honda Ridgeline, a 2009 F250, 2010 F150 Platinum, 2015 F150 Platinum, 2017 F350 King Ranch, and now on our incoming F-150 King Ranch Powerboost 6.5 bed. We've learned a lot about them over the years. They are not perfect waterproofing, but mostly - I add a little silicone sealer around the drain tubes and the plugs in the bottom of the roller container and where the hole is drilled in the Ford OEM plug behind the cab. Still not perfect, but fairly weather-tight.

On the latest one, the 2017 F-350, we did not have the T-rail option at purchase, but when I saw that on my son's 2019 F-150 installation, I called Retrax and they gladly sold me the t-rails rails as an option, which they say will fit any model or year they've sold. We now have Yakima crossbars designed for the tracks, and carry kayaks and ladders on top. The crossbars come off easily when in the way.

Retrax also confirmed that they do the Ford-branded option that I have since ordered with our incoming King Ranch F-150. It is a couple hundred bucks more than some of the online pricing options for the Retrax-branded version, but it is the Retrax Pro XR, and I like that it comes installed with the truck and falls under the Ford OEM warranty - less hassle and initial set-up on my part. But the bottom line is we have a lot of experience with these over the past fifteen years, find that we can walk on them, abuse them, and except for taking up space at the front of the bed box, find no downside.

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
This will be my first truck. I am considering a RetraxPRO XR bed cover that will allow me to add Thule racks and mountain bikes to the bed.

I live in Las Vegas so have to consider the summer temps and an aluminum bed cover. Does anyone have experience with the RetraxPRO? If not the XR, the MX etc. I am curious to hear others views, thank you.

https://retrax.com/retraxpro-xr
I get mine put on this week, with couple more items that finally came in.
Sponsored