• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Reserved within first 15 minutes, but dealer just told me I won't get a Lightning until 2023.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
All moot, but Ford could have placed some restrictions on the prioritization process. Only awarded to dealer's prior customers (in order of $$$, quantity, including service, etc.), then to customers who purchased Ford products elsewhere.

Or some other such things, just spitballing here. Not sure how Ford could have enforced such restrictions.

I'm dissappointed like many of you with early timestamps--but honestly that's all I got. I've never purchased a Ford, I wouldn't have minded getting bumped in line by someone who bought four F150s + service at my dealer.
I think you’re in the ballpark for probably most dealers. Mine told me they used “dollar value spent here” to determine their five priority slots, putting me at #6 out of 18. And, same here, no argument from me about that since I haven’t bought a new Ford since 1998.
Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
This is the problem with Ford’s current system. Dealerships can still screw you over. They are doing this whole Reservation and Order system the wrong way.

1. Why do you have to choose a dealership when you reserve? The dealership should be chosen at the time of order.

2. Dealers should not be allowed to add above MSRP when turning a reservation to an order. Using me as an example, if I didn’t pay attention I would be SOL with a $5k markup and probably not taking delivery, giving the dealership an opportunity to add at least a $20k markup.

3. Order invitations should be based on Timestamp period. The “prioritization” part is garbage.

4. When you reserve you should be able to to choose model and options. This gives Ford a better idea of what to build and gives the customer a better idea of when to expect that vehicle.

I mean from the outside looking in to me it doesn’t seem hard to implement these changes. Again, give the dealers 1-2 allocations to build their own and sell on the lot. Those of us who wish to wait and order should be given the choice to choose a dealer for delivery purposes only.

Even now, I have to wait and see if the dealership I switched to on the day of ordering is willing to accept my order. They have other customers and a certain number of allocations. I have my order in, doesn’t mean they have to submit it for production. They could reject it and then I am SOL, so again my reservation was for not.

Sounds like they just need to sack the inventory dealership selling model and just have an "experience/order/service" model.

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
It's not as simple as I reserved before you, so I should get to configure and order before you.
I think you are proving everyone else's point the more you try to make rebuttals.

Most of us read that quote from above and say simply, "It should be that simple. The people who reserved first should get to configure and order first."

That's the fairest system. Arguing for anything else is a sign you aren't being honest here. Are you seriously suggesting the fairest system is for Ford to allocate trucks to certain states and dealers thus forcing buyers to guess which dealership will be the best to order through?

You really think that's a better system than just fulfilling orders based on timestamp reservation regardless of state or dealership choice?

Give me a break. That's crap, and you know it.

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Love to see an infographics map for the original 200,000 reservations by date/time stamp with zip code of buyer and closest EV-certified dealer, probably have pools of demand vs delivery capacity of the nearby dealers.

Then take that make an overlay of the orders progression from Wave 1 to 6.

None of this solves the logistics issue of reprioritizing sales & orders, but still interesting to see how it's evolving.

Last edited:

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I think you are proving everyone else's point the more you try to make rebuttals.

Most of us read that quote from above and say simply, "It should be that simple. The people who reserved first should get to configure and order first."

That's the fairest system. Arguing for anything else is a sign you aren't being honest here. Are you seriously suggesting the fairest system is for Ford to allocate trucks to certain states and dealers this forcing buyers to guess which dealership will be the best to order through?

You really think that's a better system than just fulfilling orders based on timestamp reservation regardless of state or dealership choice?

Give me a break. That's crap, and you know it.
What if every one of the 15,000 MY22 wanted a Pro only? Fair to ford that they only sell the cheapest model of the line up? It should be more than just time stamp. There a lot of variables ford has to account for.

Sponsored

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
What if every one of the 15,000 MY22 wanted a Pro only? Fair to ford that they only sell the cheapest model of the line up? It should be more than just time stamp. There a lot of variables ford has to account for.
Invites to order does not equal what is produced. Earliest time stamp can still be used, but planned production is still the rule. @Ford Motor Company does not need our defense when Tesla can fulfill orders by date/time ordered to the constraints of production. Look at how Tesla was so slow to sell those few base Model 3s. Ford could have done the same with the Pro. If reservation #1 wants a Pro, they may not get it until 2023 but they could order it. #2 would get their Lariat ER first. That is not what was done here.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
And that’s my whole problem with this system.

When I had first put in my reservation, during the event, I chose a dealership that was near me since I just moved. I figured it would make things easier on myself and help support a local dealership.

I wish I had known ahead time about this because it was a critical mistake on my part. If I knew upfront how much prioritizing factored into things, I would have opted for the dealership I normally did business within.

I don’t fault the dealership as they are rewarding loyalty. I just wish I knew a head of time how important this step was in the process.
I knew I was number one on the list. When I heard about the prioritizations, I stopped by the dealer a few times to do some pr. I drove their demo broncos, talked about hunting and tractors, to the salesman and sales manager and even dropped off $40 in donuts. from a near by bakery.
I bought many vehicles there, but I am sure some customers bought more then me. Do not know if they were going to prioritize anyone buy I figured a few visits would not hurt.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
The order tracking sticky currently has 105 orders. Looks like 38 members said they were prioritized. Would be interesting to find out how they got priority. Any one care to share?
I offered my dealer a couple G over msrp. Figured I’d be losing half the federal credit plus a msrp increase if I waited until the end of next year anyway and I need a truck this year for a house remodel.

Seanp707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
My dealer, small town missouri, was told they were getting zero allocations.
One week later, yesterday, I get an email from Ford and was able to place my order.

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Irrelevant. Ford has no idea what trim a buyer will select when sending out the invites. It's not part of the formula in any way.

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Irrelevant. Ford has no idea what trim a buyer will select when sending out the invites. It's not part of the formula in any way.
Not entirely true. I’m sure every time you are logged in and building vehicles that is tracked. And I’m just saying that there isn’t any one thing that would be fair to all players. Just isn’t possible.

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
Not entirely true. I’m sure every time you are logged in and building vehicles that is tracked. And I’m just saying that there isn’t any one thing that would be fair to all players. Just isn’t possible.
This is why the build I saved in my account was a Lariat ER even though I was planning on ordering a Pro.

Last edited:

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
I think I am starting to agree with the other person who mentioned the sort of Tesla bait and switch. Claim some inexpensive model and never really deliver it.

Even with the compliance and carbon trading you'd think Ford would build what the customers wanted. I guess in exchange for telling dealers not to gouge they also changed the offerings.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Im wondering if Fleet buyers can still order a Pro

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Smoked Quartz SuperCrew PB Long Bed
What if the reservation deposit on day one was 2-5K?
It certainly would reduce the 200K Preorders.

Does it keep the speculators and flippers with $100 out of the line?
Sponsored