• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Reserved within first 15 minutes, but dealer just told me I won't get a Lightning until 2023.

REDHORSECA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT SR - 5/30 Build, ICE F150 XLT Sold
Occupation
R&D
Yeah, I watched it. I'm not sure your point. Are you posting this to acknowledge what I already tried to tell you, which is that what you select in build and configure is not part of the formula to determine who gets the invite to order first?

It was based off timestamp, dealer allocation, and dealer prioritization, which was what we knew.

The whole point of this thread is that it's a silly and unfair way to do it.

There was no need to create the dealer prioritization process, an idea with which most of the people here seem to agree.
@EVTruckGuy I've never said anything about this Lightning order process being 'fair' nor have I said anything about 'build and configure' being a part of getting the invite in any of my posts? Please Quote me where I've said any of this.

You haven't had to tell me anything. I figured this out on my own, without any help from you.

I didn't do anything to get myself in front of any other MY22 Lightning Reservist. I stayed with my original local Dealership that I made with my online Lightning reservation with. I am NOT even Prioritized Lightning Reservist, nor did I ask to be Prioritized. I didn't bump anyone that was in line ahead of me at my Dealership. I just happened to be near the very top of their Lightning reservation list.

I'm happily very surprised I got the Lightning order invite so soon. I'm a step closer to getting my MY22 Lightning built.

Ford sent me a MY22 Lightning Wave 2 order invite using their Lightning order logarithm. Direct your angst @Ford if your not happy with the Lightning order logarithm. Not at me, it's not going to change anything.

/rant

I just posted my MY22 Lightning Order info to share for additional data/ statistics. Yes, also to brag a 'lil. ;)

I'm also just trying to pass on the info that it was not just a simple reservation time stamp 'first come first served' process as some Lightning reservist may still think it to be.

There are other criteria s/ factors involved. Yes, it's not a 'fair' process as you have stated.
  1. Lightning Reservist time stamp
  2. Dealership's MY22 Lightning very limited allocation
  3. Lightning Reservist given Prioritization by their Dealership that bumps the Reservist up ahead on the Dealer's reservation list
  4. ZEV State Dealership looks to be a big factor also
  5. ??? ...

This info was provided before the first wave of MY22 emails were sent. We just had to dig to find the info. Many Lightning reservist on this forum weren't aware of this info in the 'fine print'. I'm just trying to help a future Lightning brother/ sister out.

As a +4 hour Lightning launch time stamp reservist I selected a 'smaller' local Dealership rather than going with the other dozen MEGA Dealerships available in the Los Angeles/ SOCAL area. I took a gamble and it worked out for me. Being in a ZEV state, I'm sure also was also a BIG factor for the Wave 2 email.

Now I hope more of the fine Lightning Reservist members here on the forum know about this info, that they may increase their chances of getting an earlier MY22/23 Lightning configuration invite email sooner than later!

Good luck to you and everyone!
Sponsored

JBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
For those in despair:

If you order a F150 hybrid you'll likely get it in 22, and if you order from one of the dealers advertising here you'll get it for 3-5% under invoice to boot. I think the hybrid has slightly higher hp than the standard range anyways. So it you optioned them similarly, it would come out to around a $10k less than the Lightning, even after the federal rebates have been tacked on.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
I am done with this pre-order and priority scam. I ordered on 5/19 night.

I have a Model X on order pre $15k price jump anyway. It will replace the Odyssey. As both of us work from home and won't go back to office in the forcible future, and even if we go back, my wife and I work in the same company, so I don't need a F150 any time soon.

I will just simply wait for 2-3 years so I can choose from several brands without playing this game.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Im wondering if Fleet buyers can still order a Pro
All sold out for fleet. Can still order other trims, but all will be sold out for fleet here shortly. Fleet orders are timed as well. Not sure if it's in actual waves like retail orders or if Ford is just issuing rolling invites. I'm guessing fleet orders had a very low cancelation rate, most at this point who are not converting just because they can't get the Pro and will defer to 2023. Our dealer has already told us our fleet order will definitely be 2023. Hopefully I can get the order submitted this fall. Plan is two Pros with ER battery.

As for my personal reservation, I've called around a bunch and I've found several dealerships where I can improve my position, but not enough to justify the move from Granger or score a '22. My timestamp is very early, but the couple dealerships where that would put me right at the front have priority customers ahead of that. The dealership where I have the fleet order would have prioritized me, had I placed a reservation there. Oh well.... If I move my reservation there now, I'd be 8th in line. They have received one allocation for each wave thus far, same as Granger. I don't know my place in line at Granger... I know that Granger didn't prioritize any, but they have a good number of enthusiast orders and people who transferred orders for pricing, so even with my very early time stamp, I'm probably several down the list.
For those in despair:

If you order a F150 hybrid you'll likely get it in 22, and if you order from one of the dealers advertising here you'll get it for 3-5% under invoice to boot. I think the hybrid has slightly higher hp than the standard range anyways. So it you optioned them similarly, it would come out to around a $10k less than the Lightning, even after the federal rebates have been tacked on.
I'm debating this right now... I need a truck by the end of the year, no real question about it. I either order the PowerBoost 150 or change my Rivian order to the large pack and I should be able to get either mid to late summer. Similar pricing between the two as well... Each with their own advantages and disadvantages. Leaning PowerBoost on this one as it's got the larger bed and 7.2kW generator.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I ordered in the first 3-4 minutes from a dealer that only has 65 total reservations and I was bumped to 11th.
You didn't order you have a reservation

Sponsored

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
@EVTruckGuy I've never said anything about this Lightning order process being 'fair' nor have I said anything about 'build and configure' being a part of getting the invite in any of my posts?
My apologies. I was confusing your post for a different post by somebody else.

That being said... My frustration is directed at Ford... Not you.

Each time somebody posted the ordering and reservation system is unfair, which seems fairly straight forward, you responded as of you needed to defend something (posts 25 and 31). Nobody blames you.

Some of us are actually happy for you while still being frustrated with Ford.

Congratulations. I'm glad you were able to order.

The system still sucks.

Last edited:

Jerry The Cowboy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning on order
Occupation
High End Home Electronics
Bottom line is Ford and ther cronies dealers are still the same crooks playing the same old games.
F**k Ford and all their Sleasebag dealers
Put in your order for a Cybertruck and buy whichever becomes available first.
At least Tesla doesn't lie, steal and deceive as part of their business model

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Today, I was told that I am 27th in the order and that Ford recently told them they are only allocated "6, maybe 9" 2022 F150 Lightnings.
That's the part of the "reservation" system that I can't understand. If that dealer is only getting 6, Ford should allow you to choose another dealer with a bigger allocation.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
That's the part of the "reservation" system that I can't understand. If that dealer is only getting 6, Ford should allow you to choose another dealer with a bigger allocation.
Sure, but here is the question. How do you still know, at this stage of the game that you will get an invite at the new dealership? How do we know that the list has not already been finalized for MY 2022?

two wheels

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, Ford Escape, Honda Accord
My dealer just told me they got 4 total for the year and have 200 reservations. so i guess i'm screwed
LOL!! Yeah, it certainly doesn't look good for you. I'm sure it looks a lot worse for me. I'm slowly starting to think about whether I was being realistic. I don't see me waiting 2 freaking years, and it's looking more like it could be 3,4 or who knows maybe 5 or more? Maybe with the stock market dumping, a lot of people will start dropping out. I'll probably be the first one!

Sponsored

Jerry The Cowboy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning on order
Occupation
Well see below the graph from ford to dealers. They basically saying they will prioritize Lariats and Platinum. And they also said they will prioritize fleet. Also they will produce around 20k for this year as they said at the beginning, they r promising bigger ramp up for 23 but let's see on that one. Honestly I dont think is even possible what they r saying because of the shortages anyways.... So if u thought to get a pro or even xlt 2022 then u were very optimistic. The best bet to get one is the following

1st .. that ur delear is a EV certified dealer and big one. And helps that is located in a EV friendly state. And u r priority
2nd .. ordering lartiat or platinum
3rd .. Order stamp very close to the opening
If u r missing any of those then 23 or 24 or 25 model
Screenshot_20220120-180153__01.jpg
How do we determine a dealer's EV status?
How do we determine a dealer's size?

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
None of what Ford has done makes sense from a consumers' perspective. Its all been done to lower their emissions costs and to make the dealers happy. Seems silly to me as the ADM doesn't go back into Ford's pocket and they can sell every truck they build. I sort of understand prioritizing ZEV states, but that's short-term savings. Just makes Tesla and GM look better to potential customers.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
LOL!! Yeah, it certainly doesn't look good for you. I'm sure it looks a lot worse for me. I'm slowly starting to think about whether I was being realistic. I don't see me waiting 2 freaking years, and it's looking more like it could be 3,4 or who knows maybe 5 or more? Maybe with the stock market dumping, a lot of people will start dropping out. I'll probably be the first one!
Doubt that you'll be the first to drop out.?

Jerry The Cowboy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning on order
Occupation
This whole marking game by Ford is just like the sleezeballs at GM who promote amazing vaporware and open ordering only to reveal later they will only manufacture and deliver a handful. They get great publicity and promotion without any true commitment or performance.
Existing legacy dealers and manufacturers are total dirt bags.
Just buy a Tesla

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order
Honestly... the whole system is broken, and this was all entirely predictable based on the rules / methodology they seemingly came up with....

Step 1: Let customers place a reservation with a specific dealer; with no information as to why they're selecting that dealer. Why? A reservation should be a reservation, simple as that.

Step 2: Set an allocation per dealer; theoretically based on past sales of other vehicles, rather than # of reservations. Why? The whole purpose of the dealer model is for them to compete with each other.

Step 3: Let dealers "bump up" roughly 1/4 of their reservations based on their choosing, knowing full well that far less than 1/4 of the orders will be satisifed in the first year. Why? So dealers can still "exert their power".

There are legitimate reasons for doing so. A dealer may have a longstanding relationship with that the local business owner who bought a fleet of f150s 2 years ago for his crew, who's wife drives an explorer and kids the ecosport or escape, and needs to make that guy feel special so that when it comes time to refresh the fleet, they stay in f150s. There are also illegitimate reasons whether a dealer who continues to sit on a bunch of less hot inventory can "accept offers" over MSRP to compensate.

Ultimately, selling these trucks is easy... Ford needed to decide what they're trying to do here beyond just selling trucks.

- Is the purpose of the Lightning to win customers to the Ford Brand?

- Is the purpose to reward loyal Ford customers / owners?

- Is the purpose to "reward" dealers with whom you've had a forever-relationship with?

- Is the purpose to prevent "scalpers" of the truck from getting it too early?

People HATE dealerships, and hate the dealership experience. Tying vehicles to dealerships seems unnecessary. Let dealerships compete for allocations & orders.

Ford knows who it's customers are. There is a central CRM system. If they want to keep the vehicles out of scalpers hands, the solution seems simple. Let customers pick a dealer at time of reservation, but when it comes time to actually using invitations, that invitation can be used at any ford dealer in that state. Additionally, let dealers "nominate" 1, 2, or 3 customers depending on their size which doesn't instantly jump them up the order, but helps. Use an algorithm. It'll allow the guy who wasn't first to the party, but an important customer, to get his. It'll mean that auctioning off spots is much more difficult, as you're not even able to guarantee them a truck without a reasonably early reso / some ford buying history.

Take the following criteria, give them each a "weighting" and then perhaps pool by state rather than by dealer.
- Reservation Position / Timing
- Number of Ford Vehicles Owned / Purchased in last 4 years
- Dealer "Nominations"

Those people who reserved within minutes of opening are going to be a mixed bag. There's going to be some bigtime Ford Fans, and there's going to be people who saw what happened with the Bronco, and look at it as an opporunity. Similarly, the guy who has a longstanding relationship buying Fords from his local dealer isn't going to "bother" with a reservation when he sees the announcement the next day. He's going to call up his dealer and say he wants one... it'll take him a week before they actually get him in for a reservation.

Accept that some of those first trucks may just go to scalpers, while others will go to people new to the ford brand to become lifelong customers as well. Let dealers "push" those VIP customers with whom they maintain relationships, but don't make it as direct as it is now.
Sponsored

Last edited: