• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Reserved within first 15 minutes, but dealer just told me I won't get a Lightning until 2023.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Im wondering if Fleet buyers can still order a Pro
I wonder how much fleet buyers are paying and how much they are specifically paying for the LR upgrade. I'm guessing those kinda numbers will eventually come out on their quarterly stock reporting. I'm surprised on the whole big internet no fleet buyer has chimed in on their experience that I've seen.
Sponsored

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
Call around and move your dealership? Buddy of mine did that with his Bronco. Went from 60+ inline to top 10. If you really want a MY2022, might be worth looking at dealerships in Montana, Wyoming and even Texas where the demand for EV's will be lower. Your timestamp is still your key. You could bump from 14 to 1st or 2nd if you find the right dealership.

REDHORSECA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT SR - 5/30 Build, ICE F150 XLT Sold
Occupation
R&D
I think you are proving everyone else's point the more you try to make rebuttals.

Most of us read that quote from above and say simply, "It should be that simple. The people who reserved first should get to configure and order first."

That's the fairest system. Arguing for anything else is a sign you aren't being honest here. Are you seriously suggesting the fairest system is for Ford to allocate trucks to certain states and dealers thus forcing buyers to guess which dealership will be the best to order through?

You really think that's a better system than just fulfilling orders based on timestamp reservation regardless of state or dealership choice?

Give me a break. That's crap, and you know it.
@EVTruckGuy @EVBill

JAN 6, 2022 VIDEO = QUESTION #7

Last edited:

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
i realize now that being 14th in line is reasonable with me being 18 minutes late with my reservation. Somehow I jumped to 27th at my dealership in the last month. But even at 27/734, I should be in the first 6 waves.
I don't think any dealership will be getting 27 allocations if there will only be 15,000 trucks.

OP
OP

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I don't think any dealership will be getting 27 allocations if there will only be 15,000 trucks.
27 divided by 734 (number of reservations
at my dealer) is 3.6%.
15000 divided by 200,000 is 7%
plus, I’m sure I’m way ahead of the 15,000th reservation.

I was 14th at my dealer up until just recently. Not sure what happened.
But based on what I knew in October, I would have thought a reservation confirmed 18 minutes in and in the top 4% at my dealer would have likely led to a 2022.

now I know better

Sponsored

GreaseLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
I ordered in the first 3-4 minutes from a dealer that only has 65 total reservations and I was bumped to 11th.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
27 divided by 734 (number of reservations
at my dealer) is 3.6%.
15000 divided by 200,000 is 7%
plus, I’m sure I’m way ahead of the 15,000th reservation.

I was 14th at my dealer up until just recently. Not sure what happened.
But based on what I knew in October, I would have thought a reservation confirmed 18 minutes in and in the top 4% at my dealer would have likely led to a 2022.

now I know better

If there are 2300 Ford EV dealers and 15,000 trucks, that means an average of 6.5 allocations per dealership. If you aren't in an ZEV state, it will be less than 6.5 per dealership. Some will have more, but I imagine 27 is going to be on the way high end.

I'm assuming all of the Pro and XLTs will sell out by the 3rd or 4th wave and the last two waves will only be able to opt for a Lariat or Platinum. Lots of people will drop out when the price for entry is >$80k. If you're willing to spend the coin then they might come back to you with the option to buy after the waves are done.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
I think I read TX and CA had the higher amount of reservations. Not sure if that would translate to more supply or not. From my dealers lack of replies I assume not.

OP
OP

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
If there are 2300 Ford EV dealers and 15,000 trucks, that means an average of 6.5 allocations per dealership. If you aren't in an ZEV state, it will be less than 6.5 per dealership. Some will have more, but I imagine 27 is going to be on the way high end.

I'm assuming all of the Pro and XLTs will sell out by the 3rd or 4th wave and the last two waves will only be able to opt for a Lariat or Platinum. Lots of people will drop out when the price for entry is >$80k. If you're willing to spend the coin then they might come back to you with the option to buy after the waves are done.
I get what you are saying, but not all dealers are equal. In Utah where I live, two dealerships sell the vast majority of new ford trucks. If Ford really allocated the same number to my dealer as dealers with less than 100 reservations, that would be a complete joke. My dealership has 734 reservations now, and the idea that only 6 trucks (less than 1% of reservations) will be delivered this year is a massive unfairness. Ford could have easily given those of us in this situation a little heads up. And honestly, I would probably be driving a new powerboost now or soon had I known, because I would have ordered one in September or so.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
My (small) dealer indicated they would be receiving one or two Lightning mannequin units. Does anyone know if the mannequin allocation is included in the 15,000 production?
If so, then mannequin production could amount to between 15% and 30% of 2021 production.
My dealer did not receive a Wave 1 invite and I was the only Wave 2 invite.

Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
I get what you are saying, but not all dealers are equal. In Utah where I live, two dealerships sell the vast majority of new ford trucks. If Ford really allocated the same number to my dealer as dealers with less than 100 reservations, that would be a complete joke. My dealership has 734 reservations now, and the idea that only 6 trucks (less than 1% of reservations) will be delivered this year is a massive unfairness. Ford could have easily given those of us in this situation a little heads up. And honestly, I would probably be driving a new powerboost now or soon had I known, because I would have ordered one in September or so.
Here are some hypothetical numbers that I came up with:

2300 EV dealers. Assume 15,000 Lightnings produced for 2022.

If every dealer gets 2 mannequin units then that leaves 10,400 Lightnings to allocate out via the Wave order process.

If every dealer regardless of size gets allocated at least 2 Lightnings for customer orders then that leaves 5,800 Lightnings to allocate to medium and larger dealers. (Therefore any EV Ford dealer would get a minimum of 4 Lightnings).

If half of the 2300 EV dealers are "Medium or Large" then let's assume an additional 2 Lightnings allocated to each of those 1150 dealers. That leaves 3,500 lightnings to allocate to large dealers. (Therefore "medium" dealers would get 6 Lightnings).

If there are 500 "large" dealers they split up the remaining 3500 lightnings. (Therefore "large" dealers would get on average 13 Lightnings.

Reactions: Lui

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
@EVTruckGuy @EVBill

Yeah, I watched it. I'm not sure your point. Are you posting this to acknowledge what I already tried to tell you, which is that what you select in build and configure is not part of the formula to determine who gets the invite to order first?

It was based off timestamp, dealer allocation, and dealer prioritization, which was what we knew.

The whole point of this thread is that it's a silly and unfair way to do it.

There was no need to create the dealer prioritization process, an idea with which most of the people here seem to agree.

Brocked

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Occupation
Ditch Digger
@EVTruckGuy @EVBill

Jorge is my sales guy at Tomball. Great guy. I got a Golden Ticket from them and ordered my Lightning on 1/20. I also got my 21 Wildtrak Bronco from them. Great dealership no ADM. No Bullshit.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
There just aren't many to go around. We already know Granger has only two allocations and they have over 500 reservations, too. Maybe that's bad info and they'll end up with more. I don't know. Seems like wishful thinking to expect a chance to order at 27th in line.

OP
OP

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
There just aren't many to go around. We already know Granger has only two allocations and they have over 500 reservations, too. Maybe that's bad info and they'll end up with more. I don't know. Seems like wishful thinking to expect a chance to order at 27th in line.
Sure, now it is obviously wishful thinking. But when they announced they were producing 15,000 and had 200,000 reservations, I was in the top 2% of reservations at my dealership. And then I was moved to the top 4%. Now that I know about all the prioritizations and the ZEV state preferences and stuff, it is clear. But from September until December, I thought I had a good shot, and my dealer even told me I was practically guaranteed a 2022. There is no doubt I was in the first 10,000 reservations.

ford is doing what it is going to do. They are allowed. But they could have tipped their hand a little earlier.
Sponsored