• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Reservation holders only event?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I sure hope I don't miss it when they send out emails for a Dallas event. Seems like spots are going quickly.
Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
They could easily have two ports and that would be a welcome solution to simplify charging setups. Idiot-proofing them isn’t a difficult task as mentioned above. Also on the EU Teslas with dual charge connectors (Tesla + CCS), they’re both right there under the same cover. The connectors are intelligent and negotiate with the charger they connect with. If they can’t negotiate with the charger or if some genius connects both at the same time, it will only negotiate, connect and use one of them.

Lamrith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
89 Ranger, 94 Mustang GT, 95 GT Vert, 13 SHO
You should get a confirmation e-mail within 24 hours so don't worry. I am going to the Chicago one in August 26th.
Pretty sure that event is the Ford Drive fleet EV event? They have the pro version (maybe an xlt?) and the E-transit, but not all the retail options or just Lightning only?.. I signed up for that here in Seattle Sept 17.

Ford4Life2319

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Pretty sure that event is the Ford Drive fleet EV event? They have the pro version (maybe an xlt?) and the E-transit, but not all the retail options or just Lightning only?.. I signed up for that here in Seattle Sept 17.

So definitely get what your are saying. I just went to that link for Chicago and saw how you can sign up. I do think there are two separate events going on just by what they offered in terms of times for the Drive fleet EV event. Drive fleet EV for Chicago was all early times in the day, and I remember when I signed up (within a minute of e-mail) it was times only after 3 pm. But already knowing someone that went to the Charlote one they have the XLT and Pro available and test drives.

Ford F-150 Lightning Reservation holders only event? firstdeliveredf150lightning copy

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
I sure hope I don't miss it when they send out emails for a Dallas event. Seems like spots are going quickly.
It'd be nice if they gave us a heads up with tour dates and potentially when we can expect the email.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Only seattle/PNW thing I have found is the Ford EV Tour which is targeted at Pro/Fleet customers. That said, it is a chance to at least get near them and I think they may have a XLT on the tour.
https://forddrivetour.com/EV/
Looks like this is geared towards fleet customers but I just signed up for the Dallas event. There was less than 10 spots available.

The email has these two interesting points.

Bring your valid driver’s license. This is required to participate in the drive activities.
This training event is designed for registered attendees. No spouses, significant others, friends, children, or pets (other than service animals) are permitted at the event.

Lamrith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So definitely get what your are saying. I just went to that link for Chicago and saw how you can sign up. I do think there are two separate events going on just by what they offered in terms of times for the Drive fleet EV event. Drive fleet EV for Chicago was all early times in the day, and I remember when I signed up (within a minute of e-mail) it was times only after 3 pm. But already knowing someone that went to the Charlote one they have the XLT and Pro available and test drives.
See I have never seen any email about a tour at all and last I checked with dealer 2 weeks ago neither had he. SO I signed up for the fleet event.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
See I have never seen any email about a tour at all and last I checked with dealer 2 weeks ago neither had he. SO I signed up for the fleet event.
It seems that they have made the schedule for the fleet events available already and one can sign up. However the non-fleet event schedule and sign up availability seems to be made available much closer to the actual event time. Maybe someone can chime in if the general public events have happened on the same day/location as the fleet events.

I would much prefer to be taking my family with as it will be easier to convince my wife that we need to purchase a $60k truck if she is impressed by it. Of course there's the risk that she absolutely hates it ?

Lamrith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It seems that they have made the schedule for the fleet events available already and one can sign up. However the non-fleet event schedule and sign up availability seems to be made available much closer to the actual event time. Maybe someone can chime in if the general public events have happened on the same day/location as the fleet events.

I would much prefer to be taking my family with as it will be easier to convince my wife that we need to purchase a $60k truck if she is impressed by it. Of course there's the risk that she absolutely hates it ?
Ok. I am registered to go to the fleet one here in Seattle in Sept, Wife is as well. Hope there is a full production tour here in Seattle at some point prior to ordering and we get an email about it.

Sponsored

Toolman-Tahoe

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey Honda S2000 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired Computer Customer Service Engineer

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
My wife is anti-pickup truck but unless she's willing to part with her crossover and pool the $ it's going to be the Pro or XLT. Was hoping she could try a nicer trim level and maybe it would sway her opinion; if not whatever. I mean, I could get a 60k loan, but the earful I'd get about it isn't worth it for leather seats.
EDIT: Darn it, the pro event is already full.

Lamrith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My wife is anti-pickup truck but unless she's willing to part with her crossover and pool the $ it's going to be the Pro or XLT. Was hoping she could try a nicer trim level and maybe it would sway her opinion; if not whatever. I mean, I could get a 60k loan, but the earful I'd get about it isn't worth it for leather seats.
EDIT: Darn it, the pro event is already full.
WOW that went quick, it has been sitting at 2-3 seats for early and 5+ for late show for a week or more, and was as of this time yesterday. Now gone.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
FYI: I registered for the Fleet one in Boston Oct 11. The NYC one would be slightly closer, but the date/time didn't work. I am an independent contractor on occasion so its not a stretch to be "interested" in a fleet vehicle.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Is that true? Did you see them open both sides? Everything else I have seen and read is that the drivers side is the charge port and the other side is just a decorative panel.
Sotek.-- theres one spot left in NYC!!
Sponsored