• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Reservation holders only event?

bfjeld

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ram 1500 Sport , 2014 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Power Engineer
Would be nice if they set up a reservation holders only event in certain cities before ordering so we could poke around this 90-100k vehicle before ordering one. Not saying we need test drives etc but maybe ride alongs? Up in Alberta Canada I’m assuming this will never happen but if they did an after hours exclusive for res holders only in Calgary or Edmonton I would attend.
Also the feds would like me to pay 10% luxury tax on vehicles over 100k which a loaded platinum up here will surpass.
Probably won’t qualify for EV incentives either.
Sponsored

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
I was wondering myself how someone knew about the F150L tour in their area. They posted this link: F-150 Night (forddrivetour.com)

When I visit the page, it says all spots are currently filled. I wish it would list which cities they will hold events and allow reservation holders the first opportunity. I would love to see the F150L. I'm told by my Ford dealer that they expect to have an event in early 2022. They also say I should be able to place my order this Fall. So I will be placing the order somewhat blind. Fortunately I feel pretty comfortable after driving the MME and looking at new F150s with different trim levels.

If anyone knows how we can get a reservation to a F150L tour, please let me know.

Eric56

First Name
ERIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 S10
I went to the Palo Alto event and was invited because I was a reservation holder. It started with an email from the dealer I registered with.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I believe the link above was only for the showing in Charlotte

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
Thanks! That is helpful. Hopefully I get an invite to a Phoenix area event when it comes.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I'm hoping they do a drive event before orders open like I have done in the past for the Nissan leaf and the VW id.4 which I didn't end up buying and also the smart fortwo which I did buy

kdkool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning / 2023 6.7L Lariat F-350
New bit of details that I discovered today is that the charging ports are on both sides.

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
New bit of details that I discovered today is that the charging ports are on both sides.
Really? Is that just for Pro? Because it's been specifically stated previously that the matching panel on the passenger side is just for symmetry/aesthetics.

kdkool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning / 2023 6.7L Lariat F-350
Really? Is that just for Pro? Because it's been specifically stated previously that the matching panel on the passenger side is just for symmetry/aesthetics.
Hmm. Ford needs to train their reps to be more consistent. Some are saying 2 ports and some are saying one. I’m assuming one because the passenger side seems more fixed.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Is that true? Did you see them open both sides? Everything else I have seen and read is that the drivers side is the charge port and the other side is just a decorative panel.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Is that true? Did you see them open both sides? Everything else I have seen and read is that the drivers side is the charge port and the other side is just a decorative panel.
I have only seen mentions of two onboard chargers, not two charging ports. There is a big difference between the two.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I have only seen mentions of two onboard chargers, not two charging ports. There is a big difference between the two.
Agreed, the dual on board chargers is a charging rate issue, not a port issue.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
That is false. The only charge point is on the drivers side. That is the only fender with a reinforcement bracket to mount the charge socket.
Sponsored