Request VIN Lookup Thread

ryanpharris83

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2.7L EcoBoost Sport
Yes, you got it. 3.5.2 is a GWM update, so it won't change your Sync version. Only APIM updates can give you a newer Sync version.
Ok thanks,
So it seems they got me receiving OTA updates again hopefully 3.5.3 comes soon I believe that's the full screen android auto update
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Ok thanks,
So it seems they got me receiving OTA updates again hopefully 3.5.3 comes soon I believe that's the full screen android auto update
That is correct.

Pelican

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (502A) Supercrew 3.5L EcoBoost
Occupation
Financial Management
I just received 3.5.2. yesterday. I'm so excited because I took it to the dealer to have my truck updated, but after $100 and them stating it was updated it was not.

I called Ford Wednesday and said I would like to know why my truck is not updating. I politely reminded them I paid a crap ton for it with the promise it would receive updates. I also mentioned I like it, but I do not like the fact that I have to uphold my promise to pay my monthly payment while Ford doesn't uphold their end by updating my truck. I would like to use some of the features like AA, but it skips and disconnects so I deleted it from my phone so I can connect via bluetooth and stay connected.

Note, I said all of this calmly and I was very cordial with the woman the whole time. My plea must have done the trick, because my truck was finally updated from 2.7.3 to 3.5.2. the very next day. I know it's not as up-to-date as others, but I'm relieved to know my truck is capable of receiving updates and that Ford is updating 2021's.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
@rugedraw - Morning - have you heard of any more 21 trucks getting 4.3.2 lately?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@rugedraw - Morning - have you heard of any more 21 trucks getting 4.3.2 lately?
I have not seen anyone report it. What I am seeing is a ton of trucks that are still on the 2.7.3 and 2.7.4 IPC updates skipping a bunch of OTA's and getting 3.5.2 and 3.5.3. It seems like Ford has given up on getting the 2021 job 1 trucks updated,. Not good.......not good at all. Trucks that don't have bluecruise yet will never get it, no camera in motion and no pro trailer back up assist. To anyone with a job 1 truck who has not gotten the 2.x.x updates, the time to buy a Mongoose and update the truck yourself is NOW.

Sponsored

KingDavid

First Name
Dah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 4×4 5.0
I started a conversation with him (I'm guessing that's this board's PM? I'm new here). But I sincerely thank you for the information you've provided thus far and pointing me to someone that can hopefully help figure out what's going on. I really, REALLY love this truck and I want to fix whatever the problem is. Like a four door 4wd mustang.
So it's been solved! My first name has an apostrophe and that causes issues with Ford pass connecting. (Remove the apostrophe in the Ford pass app, authorize it, add it back later if you want. I might not, I don't want issues getting updates) This has been an issue with many computers for my entire life. Surprised I didn't think of it as a solution. I was too excited about getting the truck I guess. Thanks so much! You guys are awesome.

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 SCREW, 500A, 3.5 EB, 4x4, Max Tow, 157"
@rugedraw would you mind taking a look at my VIN again? 1FTFW1E86NFA69468

Last week I noticed that 4.2.3 showed up as "updates downloading" in the Update Details for a few days. Checked again yesterday, and its now indicating that it couldn't download, and will be waiting for the file to be sent out again. Are you able to see anything that might indicate what the problem could be?

Also, are you seeing any updates successfully installing since 2/22? The software updates section of FordPass indicates that was the most recent change, but my Message Center in FordPass is showing another message of "You're Rolling with the Latest..." from 3/21. Followed by my almost daily message about 22-PU1010-MIL-QL failing. No messages yet regarding the failing of 4.2.3.

Do you think the failure of that priority update is preventing successful downloading of 4.2.3, or is the same error occuring that you saw with the PU?

Thanks!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@rugedraw would you mind taking a look at my VIN again? 1FTFW1E86NFA69468

Last week I noticed that 4.2.3 showed up as "updates downloading" in the Update Details for a few days. Checked again yesterday, and its now indicating that it couldn't download, and will be waiting for the file to be sent out again. Are you able to see anything that might indicate what the problem could be?

Also, are you seeing any updates successfully installing since 2/22? The software updates section of FordPass indicates that was the most recent change, but my Message Center in FordPass is showing another message of "You're Rolling with the Latest..." from 3/21. Followed by my almost daily message about 22-PU1010-MIL-QL failing. No messages yet regarding the failing of 4.2.3.

Do you think the failure of that priority update is preventing successful downloading of 4.2.3, or is the same error occuring that you saw with the PU?

Thanks!
PU1010 failed due to OTA conditions not being met and it says the reason for failure is "cooldown failed". I have no idea what that means. 4.2.3 did get stuck trying to download the files and it times out before it was able to do so. There is no error code provided; it only says "server/cloud operation" which to me means a problem on Ford's servers side.

No, the 4.x.x updates are new and the PU10xx updates have been out for months where people got them before the 4.x.x. updates even existed. So one failure has nothing to do with the other.

jwisniew33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021
I have not seen anyone report it. What I am seeing is a ton of trucks that are still on the 2.7.3 and 2.7.4 IPC updates skipping a bunch of OTA's and getting 3.5.2 and 3.5.3. It seems like Ford has given up on getting the 2021 job 1 trucks updated,. Not good.......not good at all. Trucks that don't have bluecruise yet will never get it, no camera in motion and no pro trailer back up assist. To anyone with a job 1 truck who has not gotten the 2.x.x updates, the time to buy a Mongoose and update the truck yourself is NOW.
After like 6-8 months of having 2.7.4. I just received an update notification for 3.5.2 today. I have a job1 2021

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
After like 6-8 months of having 2.7.4. I just received an update notification for 3.5.2 today. I have a job1 2021
Yup. They are sending it out to a bunch of job 1 trucks that are behind on updates. Many people here and on F150forum are reporting this.

Sponsored

JBdoingJBstuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Raptor, 2020 GT350R, 2016 Porsche GT4
One more VIN check. Thanks you!!!! Curious about the OTA and module updates

1FTFW1RG0NFC00668

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
One more VIN check. Thanks you!!!! Curious about the OTA and module updates

1FTFW1RG0NFC00668
3.5.3.2 was sent to you 7 hours ago and is sitting in your queue. The next time you start your truck, it will attempt to download and install. Good luck, as this update has a very high fail rate.

JBdoingJBstuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Raptor, 2020 GT350R, 2016 Porsche GT4
3.5.3.2 was sent to you 7 hours ago and is sitting in your queue. The next time you start your truck, it will attempt to download and install. Good luck, as this update has a very high fail rate.

Thank you so much! Does it update via a connected wifi source or the onboard 4G?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thank you so much! Does it update via a connected wifi source or the onboard 4G?
Not a single OTA released to date for our trucks requires wifi for it to download.
Sponsored