Sponsored

Request VIN Lookup Thread

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XL SPRCAB Sport 4x4 V8 3.73 36 gl tank.
Occupation
DOD USAF test track ARMY RETIRED PMEL/TMDE
You have a few updates available
16727804105464735849499338345085.jpg
Thanks much.
Do you or anyone know the policy on providing updates at the dealer?
Are they obligated or is it a good will thing?
Does FOMOCO reimburse dealers for it?

DonoraFireFighter

First Name
Dorian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Fire Fighter
No not available in fdrs
Hello Fordphanatic,
I am having the same issue with my bluecruise maps not being updated. Any chance you can generate a list of updates my system needs? That way, I can clue off my shop as I have been in twice for 16+ hours of "service" without resolution.

My Vin is 1FTFW1ED9NFC18193

Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread IMG_2097.JPG

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
Hello Fordphanatic,
I am having the same issue with my bluecruise maps not being updated. Any chance you can generate a list of updates my system needs? That way, I can clue off my shop as I have been in twice for 16+ hours of "service" without resolution.

My Vin is 1FTFW1ED9NFC18193

IMG_2097.JPG
It looks like you and I are in the same boat where our hands free maps expired 10-12-2022. There are a number of other individuals in the same position, see BlueCruise Not Allowing Hands Free.

Looking through that thread, it looks like the gateway module (GWM) needs to be updated, and FDRS shows that I have a GWM update pending. Apparently, the GWM update resolved the issue for some, but was not enough to correct the problem for everyone due to a configuration problem that can be corrected by Jesse-Infotainment. I plan to do the GWM update myself once I get the Mongoose cable, which won't be here for a few weeks.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Thanks much.
Do you or anyone know the policy on providing updates at the dealer?
Are they obligated or is it a good will thing?
Does FOMOCO reimburse dealers for it?
FOMOCO will not pay the dealer for the time to just update the truck unless you have a "CONCERN" that an update will correct under warranty.

Sponsored

Heyben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Howdy, after spending about 2.5 hours with various Ford techs on the phone I'm still not seeing a promised OTA update. Could someone please take a look and post the OTA history for 1FTFW1EDXMFB04914
I'd be much obliged. Looks like I'm going to pull the trigger on a mongoose soon as the dealer is about 6 weeks out from being able to look at it themselves. Thanks so much for your assistance, I really appreciate it.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Howdy, after spending about 2.5 hours with various Ford techs on the phone I'm still not seeing a promised OTA update. Could someone please take a look and post the OTA history for 1FTFW1EDXMFB04914
I'd be much obliged. Looks like I'm going to pull the trigger on a mongoose soon as the dealer is about 6 weeks out from being able to look at it themselves. Thanks so much for your assistance, I really appreciate it.
Damn you got a lot
Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 16729670452034580629730626742179

I can't see OTA history. You will need someone with access to PTS to see that.

Heyben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Damn you got a lot
16729670452034580629730626742179.jpg

I can't see OTA history. You will need someone with access to PTS to see that.
Yeah, RonaldFreeman was kind enough to pull that info for me a couple of days ago, and point me in the right direction for learning about FDRS/Mongoose options. Now I'm trying to learn a bit about the OTA updates that may or may not have been sent my way. If the dealer has to force them along with this list, does anyone know if they charge for their time? I forgot to ask when I booked an appointment for the end of Feb.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
It all depends on the dealer most won't do updates to just do them. They claim they can't get paid from ford for the time. It's a bunch of bullshit if you ask me.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
No OTA history in the past 60 days. Sync version is relatively new, so I see no indication your truck is stuck not getting OTA's, you just haven't gotten any recently.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I appreciate the help
1 FTFW1 ED1 MFC71467
I can only see 60 days back into your OTA history. Based on the version of Sync you are, it looks like you got most of the older updates, but I cannot confirm for sure. I see you got 3.5.2 on 10/26. You were also sent a TRM update on 10/23, but that one failed. Error code reads as follows:

"errorCode":"The TMC received confirmation that the command was successfully delivered to the device but the device did not provide a response to the command prior to its expiration."

I am not sure what that means. Seems like your truck did not respond to the OTA trigger sent to you for some reason.

evolross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost King Ranch
Coming from this thread where I have No Blue Cruise but OTA Updates Work.

I wanted to see if I get some insight into both OTA updates and module updates. I have had the truck at the dealer once who did do a couple of recalls. But I never mentioned Blue Cruise to them. I totally forgot on the first oil change. Will bring it up this next one that's due in another month or two.

My OTA updates seems to be working fine and it just did one a day or two ago.

VIN: <Redacted>

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Coming from this thread where I have No Blue Cruise but OTA Updates Work.

I wanted to see if I get some insight into both OTA updates and module updates. I have had the truck at the dealer once who did do a couple of recalls. But I never mentioned Blue Cruise to them. I totally forgot on the first oil change. Will bring it up this next one that's due in another month or two.

My OTA updates seems to be working fine and it just did one a day or two ago.

VIN: (deleted per member request)
You literally have 2.8.1 sitting in your queue right now. The OTA trigger was created less than two hours ago. Get your truck hooked up to a 10amp battery charger, check for updates on your touch screen, and initiate it. You truck will have to be parked and locked for about two hours while it updates. You can watch the progress bar on your touch screen as it installs. Avoid unlocking the truck or doing anything while it is installing. Good luck!

Last edited:

Nomis

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat FX4 w/ 5.0
Hello, here is my VIN to see where my truck is at with updates. I'm curious about taking advantage of this Android coolwalk

1FTFW1E5XNFC34122
Sponsored