Request VIN Lookup Thread

charlesdf22

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A few Toyota’s
Would anyone mind taking a peek in FDRS for me when they have a sec? Trying to see if I need to get a license. I have weird stuff with the power windows, transmission inconsistency, handsfree expiring before purchase and a few other quirks.

1FTFW1ED9NFB78410
Sponsored

FWon50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5L XLT
Hello, new here, just bought an F150, would someone mind to check to see if I am due for any updates? It is on PowerUp 2.7.4 and sync version is 22177.

1FTFW1E83MKD62203 is the VIN. Thanks in advance!

Heyben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Howdy,
Traded in a 2012 Platinum for a 2021 Limited PB 2 weeks ago, loving it so far. Was hoping someone could take a look and give me some history on updates, etc that can be seen. The only issue I'm having currently is that the Hands Free isn't active. I got a message in FordPass that they've updated it and it should be active, but all I'm seeing is still the "hands on" blue cruise functionality. TIA
VIN: 1FTFW1EDXMFB04914

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 SCREW, 500A, 3.5 EB, 4x4, Max Tow, 157"
Attached is a screenshot of the DTC's your truck spit out that day.

Picture2.png
Thanks. Now the joy of figuring out what it all means! Interesting, seems like it might be water related (at least the recurring camera module). On the 14th and 22nd, had to wash the bed out really well, so I'm wondering if the camera in the tailgate is getting wet in the process of cleaning.

ronaldfreemanjr

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
Howdy,
Traded in a 2012 Platinum for a 2021 Limited PB 2 weeks ago, loving it so far. Was hoping someone could take a look and give me some history on updates, etc that can be seen. The only issue I'm having currently is that the Hands Free isn't active. I got a message in FordPass that they've updated it and it should be active, but all I'm seeing is still the "hands on" blue cruise functionality. TIA
VIN: 1FTFW1EDXMFB04914
Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread Screenshot 2022-12-28 215757
Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread Screenshot 2022-12-28 215825

Sponsored

Mdperez6

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Any chance someone can look mine up. 2021 I just bought used. When I go into sync it doesn’t give me the number like everyone else seems to have, it says version 22177_PRODUCT Revision 473 so I am not sure how that relates to everyone else’s version numbers they give (or maybe I am looking at the wrong spot). Really wondering if cameras in motion may be in my near future or if I need to get a computer to do forscan. Can anyone also tell me if I use forscan does that disable OTA updates, if not if a new update comes through do I need to go back in to change the features in had previously updated. Thant can help me decide if I can just borrow someone’s computer. Thanks a bunch in advanced!

VIN-1FTEW1EP0MKD76448

ronaldfreemanjr

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Would anyone mind taking a peek in FDRS for me when they have a sec? Trying to see if I need to get a license. I have weird stuff with the power windows, transmission inconsistency, handsfree expiring before purchase and a few other quirks.

1FTFW1ED9NFB78410
Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1672283009434

charlesdf22

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A few Toyota’s

Sponsored

Heyben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
These are the updates available.
Sorry for what I'm sure is a dumb question, but this is all new to me. Are these updates that the dealer must install? I don't see anything listed under the updates section in either the truck or ford pass app.
Thanks for humoring a recent purchaser.

ronaldfreemanjr

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry for what I'm sure is a dumb question, but this is all new to me. Are these updates that the dealer must install? I don't see anything listed under the updates section in either the truck or ford pass app.
Thanks for humoring a recent purchaser.
Sorry for a short answer for a detailed question. Your dealer will only install what is needed to fix your requested warranty claim. The reason most of us are here on this forum, including me, is because the dealers struggle with the knowledge to install many of these. Can they do it, yes. But many of us on here decided to complete the updates on our own. I would suggest you start with the thread below and decide what is best for you.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ecu-module-programming-guide-using-fdrs.8249/

Heyben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry for a short answer for a detailed question. Your dealer will only install what is needed to fix your requested warranty claim. The reason most of us are here on this forum, including me, is because the dealers struggle with the knowledge to install many of these. Can they do it, yes. But many of us on here decided to complete the updates on our own. I would suggest you start with the thread below and decide what is best for you.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ecu-module-programming-guide-using-fdrs.8249/
Thanks a bunch for the link, really appreciate it. Tons of info on this forum, can't wait to start being able to contribute.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Thanks a bunch for the link, really appreciate it. Tons of info on this forum, can't wait to start being able to contribute.
Honestly, for the 14th gen, I don’t think any other site even comes within 10% of the value that this forum contains, there’s far too many knowledgeable people on here to list or count
Sponsored