Request VIN Lookup Thread

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Thanks so much Paul! Forgive my newbie-ness, but all of this is separate from (and inanition to) SYNC 4 updates, right? The whole mongoose/FDRS route feels intimidating having just picked up this truck. think I should try the dealership route, or is that a total waste of time?
Generally going to the dealer will be a waste of time for updates. Even if you have a warranty claim related to software/electronics, there’s no guarantee they do the updates (this happened on my explorer). I understand it seems very daunting, but if you follow the FDRS thread, read, reread, and rereread the attached document and/or the first couple of posts of the thread, the updates are a breeze. The hardest part is waiting for the updates to complete.
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
The general
Thanks so much Paul! Forgive my newbie-ness, but all of this is separate from (and inanition to) SYNC 4 updates, right? The whole mongoose/FDRS route feels intimidating having just picked up this truck. think I should try the dealership route, or is that a total waste of time?
Rule of thumb is that Ford will not do any updates, at the dealer level, unless there is a "CONCERN" (As Ford puts it). A lot of us on this web site, thanks to a few very smart people, have gone the mongoose/FDRS route to update our trucks. Unfortunately, not all dealerships have been able to do what a lot of us on here have. Myself for one, have completely updated my truck sitting in my garage watching the traffic go by. Many members have gotten Blue Cruse working on their trucks , thanks to @Jesse-Infotainment and other members, when the dealerships could not. Getting trucks unstuck as far as OTA's not being loaded. The knowledge and helpful people on here is astounding. You will not be sorry spending the money to get the equipment needed to update, and keep your truck updated.

Just my take on this forum.

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
The general

Rule of thumb is that Ford will not do any updates, at the dealer level, unless there is a "CONCERN" (As Ford puts it). A lot of us on this web site, thanks to a few very smart people, have gone the mongoose/FDRS route to update our trucks. Unfortunately, not all dealerships have been able to do what a lot of us on here have. Myself for one, have completely updated my truck sitting in my garage watching the traffic go by. Many members have gotten Blue Cruse working on their trucks , thanks to @Jesse-Infotainment and other members, when the dealerships could not. Getting trucks unstuck as far as OTA's not being loaded. The knowledge and helpful people on here is astounding. You will not be sorry spending the money to get the equipment needed to update, and keep your truck updated.

Just my take on this forum.
There was a member offering to rent out his Mongoose adapter to help minimize the expense of updating these trucks but I can't remember who it was... I'm sure the offer is still available.

Found the link:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/community-mongoose-thread.13145/

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales

aclosedmind

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 501a Powerboost
1FTFW1ED6NFA49329

much obliged!

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
1FTFW1ED6NFA49329

much obliged!
Yours is a 2022, so you truck shipped with most updates already on it. You got 3.5.2 in September, so you are almost fully up to date.

aclosedmind

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 501a Powerboost
Yours is a 2022, so you truck shipped with most updates already on it. You got 3.5.2 in September, so you are almost fully up to date.

I assumed as much, but appreciate the confirmation :) TY TY!

Demps

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Considering 2023 F-150 Platinum to replace 2021 Limited from dealer that got BlueCruise working on the 2021. Both PowerBoost. I will expect the dealer to do any updates. Expect some modules need updating regardless of how new the truck is. Would also want dealer to get the truck to 3.5.3. No sense waiting for OTA if dealer wants the sale.

Could someone check new truck VIN 1FTFW1ED9PFA15405?

Thanks for your help.

Efalcon80z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch Power Boost
Can somone check my VIN for updates? Help me understand which ones I still need etc....

VIN: 1FTFW1ED2MFB27491

Thanks

Sponsored

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Anyone mind checking if I have any model updates?

1FTFW1ED0MFB66211

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Considering 2023 F-150 Platinum to replace 2021 Limited from dealer that got BlueCruise working on the 2021. Both PowerBoost. I will expect the dealer to do any updates. Expect some modules need updating regardless of how new the truck is. Would also want dealer to get the truck to 3.5.3. No sense waiting for OTA if dealer wants the sale.

Could someone check new truck VIN 1FTFW1ED9PFA15405?

Thanks for your help.
I don't have FDRS to check what you want checked.

Can somone check my VIN for updates? Help me understand which ones I still need etc....

VIN: 1FTFW1ED2MFB27491

Thanks
I can only see 60 days back, and all I see is 3.5.2 and the two patches that comes before it for 2021 owners.

Anyone mind checking if I have any model updates?

1FTFW1ED0MFB66211
Nothing since 3.5.2 on 10/7.

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I don't have FDRS to check what you want checked.

I can only see 60 days back, and all I see is 3.5.2 and the two patches that comes before it for 2021 owners.

Nothing since 3.5.2 on 10/7.
Thanks!

looking for FDRS info and any module updates available.

gestep

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT on Order as of 3/15/21
Occupation
retired
Can someone check my VIN and see if there are updates that I've missed? Android Auto has really grown on me and I would like to have my full screen availabe to me.

1FTEW1C85MKE10833

Thanks.
Gene