Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost FX4

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Either that or do it yourself like many on this forum have done. The dealers are getting better but still struggle with the updates. Plus they will only apply the minimum amount of updates to get you unlocked. You can learn more at the very first post in the thread below.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ecu-module-programming-guide-using-fdrs.8249/
I would love to try doing the update myself but have a MacBook laptop and no access to a Windows laptop. If the dealer can get me unlocked will the OTA updates slowly catch up. My truck goes into a deep sleep every time I drive it, no interior lights, many different faults, and the power steering quit the other day.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I would love to try doing the update myself but have a MacBook laptop and no access to a Windows laptop. If the dealer can get me unlocked will the OTA updates slowly catch up. My truck goes into a deep sleep every time I drive it, no interior lights, many different faults, and the power steering quit the other day.
You have a battery issue and most likely need a new battery. Once your voltage issues are fixed your updates should catch up.

ESG406

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21F150 Hyb, 15ExpEL 2 '06 Esc Hyb 99&01elect Rngrs
Occupation
Retired
Would like to know what updates I am missing...Thanks

1FTFW1ED5MFB77138

Sponsored

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Can you please lookup my VIN? I have a feeling my truck has not updated even once since I bought in June 21.

1FTEW1C87MFB35071

Handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang
Have my first dealer appointment on Monday for recalls and would appreciate a look at any SW updates pending. 1FTFW1ED0NFA42747
Thank you

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Can you please lookup my VIN? I have a feeling my truck has not updated even once since I bought in June 21.

1FTEW1C87MFB35071
Do you have auto updates turned on? You were sent 2.6.0 on August 7th and it sat on your truck without installing for 6 weeks. It just expired two days ago.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Do you have auto updates turned on? You were sent 2.6.0 on August 7th and it sat on your truck without installing for 6 weeks. It just expired two days ago.
I do have auto updates turned on. And I also made sure to connect my truck to my home wifi. I just dont understand why they are not pushing through. Should I bring it in to the dealer?

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I do have auto updates turned on. And I also made sure to connect my truck to my home wifi. I just dont understand why they are not pushing through. Should I bring it in to the dealer?
Have you had any notifications on fordpass that your truck is in deep sleep mode? Theres a known issue of batteries not holding there state of charge. A lot of us had our OTA problems fixed when we had our battery replaced under warranty

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Have you had any notifications on fordpass that your truck is in deep sleep mode? Theres a known issue of batteries not holding there state of charge. A lot of us had our OTA problems fixed when we had our battery replaced under warranty
only once a long time ago and it was because I left my dash cam plugged in. However, I know that either my battery doesnt hold charge too well or my alternator is weak because my start stop never works except for long road trips and the exterior lighting doesnt work through the app. I do frequently trickle charge it to maintain its state.
Sponsored