Request VIN Lookup Thread

bluebeeryale

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Thanks in advance for any help looking up my 2022 PB. I have the ghost update since mid December that never goes away
VIN: 1FTFW1ED3NFB34841

I need to go to the dealer for a few recalls so want to know what else might be 'wrong' with the OTA update system that I can press them to resolve.
Sponsored

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Looking for what’s available in FDRS before I purchase a license.

1FTFW1EDXNFB59817

Thanks in advance!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks in advance for any help looking up my 2022 PB. I have the ghost update since mid December that never goes away
VIN: 1FTFW1ED3NFB34841

I need to go to the dealer for a few recalls so want to know what else might be 'wrong' with the OTA update system that I can press them to resolve.
Nothing has been sent to you since 6.4.0 in mid-December. Modules pending updates are below:

Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1706381581925

Looking for what’s available in FDRS before I purchase a license.

1FTFW1EDXNFB59817

Thanks in advance!
Here you go:

Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1706381543385

Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I'm not paying for streaming apps. Amazon is free at moment then I'll be back to my bike for warm months where audio quality doesn't matter much.
You can't really hear a difference between 96kHz and 192kHz. It's snake oil marketing.
High-end car audio is not for everyone. But the difference is far from snake oil.

Jefe2369

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0
Can someone take another look for me? 1FTFW1E50MFA34297. Second dealership did test battery and replaced under warranty early January. Truck still has bugs. Talked to a highly reputable dealer that thinks it's some kind of sending unit telling the truck battery isn't good when it is. BUT, I was just driving and got a "check charging system" warning. This thing has more bugs than a $5/night hotel room. I'm hoping this next dealership will troubleshoot it all! Service guy did say he was seeing it report a lot online and this was likely why it won't update. I'm beginning to regret this purchase! I loved my '16 in the same configuration!

Lite4d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 2020 Explorer ST
Ruge, can you check mine again? I think it failed again because the update button popped up on the screen as I was driving but then disappeared.

thanks!

1FTFW1E82MFB07129

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Can someone take another look for me? 1FTFW1E50MFA34297. Second dealership did test battery and replaced under warranty early January. Truck still has bugs. Talked to a highly reputable dealer that thinks it's some kind of sending unit telling the truck battery isn't good when it is. BUT, I was just driving and got a "check charging system" warning. This thing has more bugs than a $5/night hotel room. I'm hoping this next dealership will troubleshoot it all! Service guy did say he was seeing it report a lot online and this was likely why it won't update. I'm beginning to regret this purchase! I loved my '16 in the same configuration!
Well, it is recording DTC's for low voltage regularly, but that has nothing to do with you getting an update sent. Last OTA you got was 4.2.4 three weeks ago and it went through fine. Low voltage can prevent an update from installing, but not from being sent to you. They have to send you an update before it can fail.

Ruge, can you check mine again? I think it failed again because the update button popped up on the screen as I was driving but then disappeared.

thanks!

1FTFW1E82MFB07129
Phantom message. Nothing has been sent to you since 6.4.0 failed on 12/4.

Lite4d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 2020 Explorer ST
Thanks! Hopefully they send it again. Maybe……😄

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
might be a dumb question…i have a dealer installed roush supercharger and whatever tune came from roush. if i go forcing updates with FDRS will my tune be affected?
Not sure, but I would avoid the PCM update just in case. I would assume your tune is part of the as built data for your truck, but I really don't know. At the very least, I'd back up the PCM with FORScan before I updated it.

AustinGeek

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Tremor Eco, 1994 Mustang GT 347 Stroker
Just purchased a new to me 2021 F-150 Tremor, curious if you could tell me what's going on with it. 1FTEW1E84MFC46741

Also, does everyone think it's worth the money to drop this off at a dealership just to have them go over it for anything wonky? There are so many options available on this truck I am not sure I would know something is odd or wrong aside from normal driving because this is a huge tech hole. Also do i understand correctly that there are upgrades to software that are not over the air (OTA) that only a dealership can flash?

Thanks.

Jefe2369

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0
Well, it is recording DTC's for low voltage regularly, but that has nothing to do with you getting an update sent. Last OTA you got was 4.2.4 three weeks ago and it went through fine. Low voltage can prevent an update from installing, but not from being sent to you. They have to send you an update before it can fail.

I understand the updates being sent. I just think many of the systems don't work properly when it thinks there is a voltage problem. Isn't there some type of 80% threshold? This thing has start/stop issues, adaptive cruise control issues, collision assist issue, audio issues, and sometimes sounds like I'm driving with the brakes stuck on, but it is something right under the driver's feet.