Request VIN Lookup Thread

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
Your truck has gotten OTA's recently. 3.5.2-3.5.4. I can't tell if your truck skipped over older updates that were due to you at this point. Do you remember the last OTA you got before you got 3.5.2 two weeks ago?
No, I asked because the last OTA that was requested has been quite awhile (like last fall when it was in my dealer's with whom I have a good relationship) and I was beginning to wonder. At the end of the day, this truck has been virtually flawless. I have no complaints about it.
Sponsored

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
No, I asked because the last OTA that was requested has been quite awhile (like last fall when it was in my dealer's with whom I have a good relationship) and I was beginning to wonder. At the end of the day, this truck has been virtually flawless. I have no complaints about it.
...And many thanks...

powerboostnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
You never were able to update your APIM. Your truck is still on Sync 20301 which is very outdated. I see you updated a bunch of modules, but the APIM was the most important one. Can you get the Mongoose back?
Thank you! Hmm interesting. So I think I actually did update the apim once by putting it on the USB drive and leaving it in for a few days, it eventually said updating. One of the things I noticed after the update was the sync version went from blank to showing 22146-product Revision 145. Also the Auto update that was not able to be selected, is now turned on. I didn't get a chance to reconnect and update on FDRS after the update so maybe that's why it is showing the old version.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks for that offer Jesse, but I will likely just deal with the truck as is until I have a way to switch out vehicles.

Course of action was
1. Dealer notices truck is way out of date and tries to update it.
2. Can't do it.
3. Tells me APIM is bad and orders a new one.
4. Calls me back a few weeks later when it comes in and we schedule appointment.
5. They have the truck for three weeks attempting and failing PMI on the new APIM.
6. Ford gives them manual codes that fail. Tells them the ruined it and says to order a new one.
7. That one arrives 2.5 months later and they schedule me for a switch out.
8. Put in 3rd APIM try to PMI a couple times. Shrug and call me that its ready.

I won't have time to keep dealing with it before I hit 36,000 miles. It would also be funny if the dealership offered me less on a trade-in due to faulty APIM.

I don't want to make assumptions off of what you said- but is the issue that the APIM sync version is too new for my vehicle?
It is not the correct version for the vehicle.

Once it syncs on fords side to that verison all updates will stop that are sequenced off the apim.

Apim swp out take 30 mins.. Not that hard. But it is your truck. You do what you want.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Well, your truck got 3 OTA's in the past 10 days or so. As long as you didn't skip over previous updates, you're good to go.

Thank you! Hmm interesting. So I think I actually did update the apim once by putting it on the USB drive and leaving it in for a few days, it eventually said updating. One of the things I noticed after the update was the sync version went from blank to showing 22146-product Revision 145. Also the Auto update that was not able to be selected, is now turned on. I didn't get a chance to reconnect and update on FDRS after the update so maybe that's why it is showing the old version.
If your touchscreen says you are on 22146, then an APIM update must have gone through. Ford's servers show you are on Sync 20301 which is broken software and FDRS history does not show a successful APIM update. You are still very far behind on updates and I would recommend finishing what you started if you can get your hands on that Mongoose again.

Sponsored

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
Well, your truck got 3 OTA's in the past 10 days or so. As long as you didn't skip over previous updates, you're good to go.

I gather I'm set for auto update... I'll go look and check what other updates I have. I had expected it to ask me before installing updates... No sweat... And thank you!

If your touchscreen says you are on 22146, then an APIM update must have gone through. Ford's servers show you are on Sync 20301 which is broken software and FDRS history does not show a successful APIM update. You are still very far behind on updates and I would recommend finishing what you started if you can get your hands on that Mongoose again.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Hoping to get status for my VIN, I've received some recent OTA's and my Sync version is: 23031 revision 713.

VIN: 1FTFX1E8XMFC57924

Much Appreciated!!
Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1686093256609

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Can you check what my truck is doing in the background? It is showing the "F150 Saved" message everytime I start it the past couple days which I assume means it has been downloading software.
My VIN is 1FTFW1E13MFB77676
Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1686093353004

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Hi and thanks in advance for any help/information. My truck recently had what the dealership called a "corrupted APIM." It would not load correctly into the truck and was locked out of OTA. When I got the truck back from the dealership I got a FDRS license and tried updating modules. I spent about 9 hours updating different things- but could not get anywhere with the APIM.

Yesterday the dealership installed the long awaited third APIM, said congratulations, and gave it back to me. But it seems to be behind still as far as sync versions/ updates go.

Software Version: 22125_PRODUCT
Revision: 248

VIN: 1FTFW1E85MFB77188

Could anyone offer me some insight into if there is any update waiting for me if I were to get another 2-day license to try and update?
Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1686093443849

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I'm wondering if anybody can lookup my vin for updates on fdrs. I got a mongoose, and a fdrs license and updated everything I could. Now the license is out and I returned the mongoose.

I think Sync is STILL not fully up to date. Which is quite annoying... I didn't realize APIM might need multiple updates.

1FTFW1ED9MFC06494

Thank you anybody!
Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1686093678829

Sponsored

TheLongHorne

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5 EB
Occupation
Sales Operations Manager
I just purchased a 2021 3.5 EB and have found that it has never received an update. I just did a 12 inch screen upgrade and retained my original APIM. Can you show me what modules it says for my vin? Thanks!

vin:1FTEW1C88MFA42219
Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread IMG_5967

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I just purchased a 2021 3.5 EB and have found that it has never received an update. I just did a 12 inch screen upgrade and retained my original APIM. Can you show me what modules it says for my vin? Thanks!

IMG_5967.jpeg
Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1686094590218

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver

IMG_5967.jpeg
where did you get your screen from?