First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
i dont have a current license, but im sure someone can pull this list for you. i bet you have a grip of them having never received an OTA. wonder if your truck can be cured by that tsb with the multi module repair.
The list wouldn't do justice to the actual amount of update it needs. Once you install certain updates, more of them pop up on the list.
Sponsored

Jknapp1

First Name
Jeff Knapp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Elevator mechanic
i dont have a current license, but im sure someone can pull this list for you. i bet you have a grip of them having never received an OTA. wonder if your truck can be cured by that tsb with the multi module repair.
We'll see

Jknapp1

First Name
Jeff Knapp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Elevator mechanic
The list wouldn't do justice to the actual amount of update it needs. Once you install certain updates, more of them pop up on the list.
I'm just trying to get as much info to throw at the dealer tomorrow when I drop my truck since they say I'm completely up to date. I'm sure I've got enough to get them going.

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
oh i know. they cascade and keep coming. would be fun to see the list though. from square 1. at least a 2 6-pack job right there. take the full 3 day license.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I'm just trying to get as much info to throw at the dealer tomorrow when I drop my truck since they say I'm completely up to date. I'm sure I've got enough to get them going.
The problem is, Ford does not pay dealerships for the hours and hours worth of module updates it takes to update trucks that are a situation like yours. There are TSB's they can use to get your truck out of its current state, but they will not install all the updates your truck needs. The battle you are trying to fight has been fought by many (including myself) and very few have been successful. This is why I recommend (especially to job 1 2021 owners like you and I) to get a Mongoose and do it yourself.

Sponsored

Jknapp1

First Name
Jeff Knapp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Elevator mechanic
The problem is, Ford does not pay dealerships for the hours and hours worth of module updates it takes to update trucks that are a situation like yours. There are TSB's they can use to get your truck out of its current state, but they will not install all the updates your truck needs. The battle you are trying to fight has been fought by many (including myself) and very few have been successful. This is why I recommend (especially to job 1 2021 owners like you and I) to get a Mongoose and do it yourself.
Yeah, I'll probably end up having to do that but hopefully they can get the updates unstuck to where I can turn on my automatic updates and they'll start coming through on their own. I'm not expecting them to get all of them. I mainly want to make sure I don't need a new APIM before my warranty runs out.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Yeah, I'll probably end up having to do that but hopefully they can get the updates unstuck to where I can turn on my automatic updates and they'll start coming through on their own. I'm not expecting them to get all of them. I mainly want to make sure I don't need a new APIM before my warranty runs out.
They will mostly like throw a new APIM at it as that will be easier than recovering the current one.

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
with his version number or whatever....can he do it himself with the mongoose and fdrs? or is his only option to get a new apim? or is that the quickest option?

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
or is his one where he can get files from jesse? sounded like his version number is bad juju.

skylinef150

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Project Manager
Yeah If you got that then you have an issue. That is probably why the dealer gave up.

If you wanted to I could swap the APIM out for you to one that is at t he current level that you need it at. Otherwise youll have to fight with the dealer..
Thanks for that offer Jesse, but I will likely just deal with the truck as is until I have a way to switch out vehicles.

Course of action was
1. Dealer notices truck is way out of date and tries to update it.
2. Can't do it.
3. Tells me APIM is bad and orders a new one.
4. Calls me back a few weeks later when it comes in and we schedule appointment.
5. They have the truck for three weeks attempting and failing PMI on the new APIM.
6. Ford gives them manual codes that fail. Tells them the ruined it and says to order a new one.
7. That one arrives 2.5 months later and they schedule me for a switch out.
8. Put in 3rd APIM try to PMI a couple times. Shrug and call me that its ready.

I won't have time to keep dealing with it before I hit 36,000 miles. It would also be funny if the dealership offered me less on a trade-in due to faulty APIM.

I don't want to make assumptions off of what you said- but is the issue that the APIM sync version is too new for my vehicle?

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
or is his one where he can get files from jesse? sounded like his version number is bad juju.
Jesse stopped making those files for people because it stopped working. I am sure with a Mongoose and the help in the forum, he can get it done.

powerboostnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
I'm wondering if anybody can lookup my vin for updates on fdrs. I got a mongoose, and a fdrs license and updated everything I could. Now the license is out and I returned the mongoose.

I think Sync is STILL not fully up to date. Which is quite annoying... I didn't realize APIM might need multiple updates.

1FTFW1ED9MFC06494

Thank you anybody!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I'm wondering if anybody can lookup my vin for updates on fdrs. I got a mongoose, and a fdrs license and updated everything I could. Now the license is out and I returned the mongoose.

I think Sync is STILL not fully up to date. Which is quite annoying... I didn't realize APIM might need multiple updates.

1FTFW1ED9MFC06494

Thank you anybody!
You never were able to update your APIM. Your truck is still on Sync 20301 which is very outdated. I see you updated a bunch of modules, but the APIM was the most important one. Can you get the Mongoose back?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
How about 1FTFW1ED7MFB86987? Many thanks...
Your truck has gotten OTA's recently. 3.5.2-3.5.4. I can't tell if your truck skipped over older updates that were due to you at this point. Do you remember the last OTA you got before you got 3.5.2 two weeks ago?
Sponsored